Namco-Bandai Announces Soulcalibur II HD Online!

• Admin
So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

1072324_574138609296142_1875514491_o.jpg

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Although the systems are different, the fundamentals of SC are largely the same. Barring TO preference, the only reason I don't see people being able to support both games is personal bias and agenda. This community is fractured enough that no one needs to slash at it again with pettiness. Regardless of if sc2 or sc5 is your impetus behind attending a tournament, I believe, if we're at these tournaments, we should do our best to support sc and the fgc in general and not squander the breath of life that Namco has given in the form of sc2 online (regardless of how it plays out).

But that's just what I think.

I have contacted everyone possible who used to be a part of the sdsoulcal team. This would include OG SCII tourney players who were members and supporters of caliburforums and it's community. Everyone contacted at least here in SD, is serious about getting back into SCII competitively. What the 8way community decides to do with this bit of info I guess only time will tell. I will say this though, SD and SCII HD is a reality.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees !!!!!!! at last, after all the nonsense , namco is giving us the real deal , thank you jesus ! Namco im sorry for all the bad things have said to you but you know u ve let us down right, anyway big hugs, all i need now is the date

I would love an update to V with all dlc, and removed characters. Yet I don't think it will happen. Actually i think a next gen SC would be more novel.

Ok, serious question for the old school SC2 players: can any of you guys play SC2 like you used to? I've been watching videos of myself from 9 years ago and I swear I can just never play like that anymore. These newer soul caliburs with their stiff movement, shitty frames on moves, and smaller movesets has made me into a different type of player. Or maybe I'm just too shitty now? I don't know. At this point, I'm yearning to be able to match what I used to be in SC2 because I had a shitload of fun with that game. So far, it's just not happening. Maybe I just have to keep playing.

Ok, serious question for the old school SC2 players: can any of you guys play SC2 like you used to? I've been watching videos of myself from 9 years ago and I swear I can just never play like that anymore. These newer soul caliburs with their stiff movement, shitty frames on moves, and smaller movesets has made me into a different type of player. Or maybe I'm just too shitty now? I don't know. At this point, I'm yearning to be able to match what I used to be in SC2 because I had a shitload of fun with that game. So far, it's just not happening. Maybe I just have to keep playing.

Come on man. Its just like riding a bike. I gots my eyes on you son. I expect great things from you. Practice homes. Itll come back.

Over this past weekend my good friend and fellow player 'polished our rust off' with a set of 80 matches on friday and first to 50 sunday. All I can say after playing the Insanity of the Taki vs Talim Match up, me being the Taki of course;) against one of the best Talims that has ever been Is= Once I got reacquainted to the system of GREATNESS that is SC2 I felt that I had a much better understanding of the game than I did back then.

THE SYSTEM IN SC2 ISN'T GREAT. YOU HAVEN'T DESCRIBED WHO YOUR GREAT FRIEND IS. I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE. WHY SHOULD ANYONE TRUST YOUR OPINION?

Live streams

33 Viewers
LittleNycto
LittleNycto
Lets start creating our fighters! | !stackup | !charity | !calltoarms | !discord | !youtube |
1 Viewers
petreySOAD420
petreySOAD420
Wolfgang is on connection<sOul oF DiAmond>.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back