Namco Bandai Announces World Wide Finals Qualifiers

• Admin
NAMCO BANDAI Games is working with the community to deliver the SOULCALIBUR V World Championship 8-man tournament to compete for the title of World Champion!

The Event will be streamed on April 10th by TEAM SPOOKY with Play-by-Play commentary by Community Leaders Rich "filthieRich" Bantegui and Mark "MarkMan" Julio.

Here is the list of qualifiers for the tournament :

1. NoFaceKiller (USA)
2. Rob The Destroyer aka RTD (USA)
3. Keev the Nightmare (France)
4. OmegaDR (Dominican Republic)
5. Hyrul (United Kingdom)
6. Toilet (Japan)
7. SHK (Japan)
8. Akire (France)

Stay tuned right here or ask http://twitter.com/filthierich for more details!

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Any info on the hours? Tuesday sounds tough for people in Europe/Japan when it comes to watching the stream...

Any info on the hours? Tuesday sounds tough for people in Europe/Japan when it comes to watching the stream...

I think I remember seeing 7pm which means 3-4am for European countries. Might just have to watch it later since the tournament will be at least couple of hours.

Please tell us the more about the UK scene oh wise one.

They get bodied for free by France? They haven't ever shown up big or placed high at a relevant major in Europe or anywhere else? I mean, I could go on. You guys got Ryan Hart in other games, but have never done anything in Calibur. Right now you're sitting on some abstract "yeah well we might be good and surprise you too!" type bullshit, I'm citing a lack of tangible results. As are a lot of other people here.

Lolo EARNED a spot in this event with strong play across a number of major events. Most of us have never even heard of Hyrule. We're going to be salty about Lolo's exclusion on that basis. Even if Hyrule winds up being a good player, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't earn this spot. Everyone else on this list has put in the miles, put in the time, put in the effort at major events AND placed highly at them. Except Hyrule.

Name me one UK Calibur player that's placed top 3 at a major (UK tournies don't count) in any version of Calibur. You can't.

They get bodied for free by France? They haven't ever shown up big or placed high at a relevant major in Europe or anywhere else? I mean, I could go on. You guys got Ryan Hart in other games, but have never done anything in Calibur. Right now you're sitting on some abstract "yeah well we might be good and surprise you too!" type bullshit, I'm citing a lack of tangible results. As are a lot of other people here.

Lolo EARNED a spot in this event with strong play across a number of major events. Most of us have never even heard of Hyrule. We're going to be salty about Lolo's exclusion on that basis. Even if Hyrule winds up being a good player, it doesn't change the fact that he didn't earn this spot. Everyone else on this list has put in the miles, put in the time, put in the effort at major events AND placed highly at them. Except Hyrule.

Name me one UK Calibur player that's placed top 3 at a major (UK tournies don't count) in any version of Calibur. You can't.

Lol, I got bored highlighting parts because really the whole post was greatness. What are you referring to when you say they got bodied by France? Really don't know why you keep referring to Lolo, I deleted that part when I quoted you. Edit: Please go on, I want to know more.

What are you referring to when you say they got bodied by France? Really don't know why you keep referring to Lolo, I deleted that part when I quoted you.

Well I thought there were some UK players at a recent major in France, so they either lost (French players placed top 3 and beyond) or didn't show up at all, either way my point stands. And I, and others in this discussion that you're skipping over, keep referring to Lolo because he's a MUCH stronger choice for this event.

If you're trying to argue that Hyrule deserves that slot, then go ahead. But even you haven't done that yet. You're just blowing smoke out your ass because we dissed UK for not having accomplished SC players, which is factually true and not even debatable.

Provide an argument to me that UK players have accomplished ANYTHING in Soul Calibur, or shut the fuck up. Because if you can't do that (spoiler: you can't) then this discussion is finished.

Well I thought there were some UK players at a recent major in France, so they either lost (French players placed top 3 and beyond) or didn't show up at all, either way my point stands. And I, and others in this discussion that you're skipping over, keep referring to Lolo because he's a MUCH stronger choice for this event...

Discussion? I asked you to fill me in on the UK scene and you are, thanks. Dunno why you're getting so angry about it. Gonna do a TIL on reddit now.

Which of the players earned their places btw? Other than obviously Keev and Omega.
S
ome of the questions you asked can be answered by simply thinking about the reason you're posting /Riddler

Saying that Hyrul did not earn the spot in the world finals is just disrespectful to him. He had to win two tournaments and beat some of Europe's most famous players to get this opportunity. He has accomplished that and deserved the spot, no question about it.

The current UK scene is young and developing, this is their first victory. Let them have it.

I understand that you're salty about Lolo not being on the list. I'm also sad about that, and the fact Linkrkc is not on the list either, even though he was supposed to be after winning Winter Brawl as far as I am concerned.

Was Soul Calibur Impact a UK only tourney? I recall Akire and Kayane being there, and that was the tournament Hyrul won, and the reason he was likely invited to this.

Hyrul beat the best Mitsu in the world at the Soul Calibur Impact tournament. What more do you want?

Also, he was smart enough to main 2 of the best and obscure characters in the game pre-patch, Natsu and Tira.

Hyrul seems like the U.K. version of me where he is able to quickly find the best tools for the job and exploit them.

I look forward to see what the genius pulls out at the world tournament post patch. Will Hyrul beat me at my own game and out savvy me?

Come on! Hyrul won the freaking SC Impact against: Ring! Dag! Trace! Akire!!! what else do you want? if someone deserves a place in this event is him.

Aww, you guys ruined it. To ask who's Hyrul and then comment on the UK scene, all in the same thread, was my favourite part. Although saying what "Name me one UK Calibur player that's placed top 3 at a major" in the thread where he won a major to get invited was a close second. I mean beating players like Trace and Akire twice (knocked him to loser then beat him in the Grand finals) is nothing right? I would love to hear what you're gonna say to this. Spoiler alert: You're gonna ....

... shut the fuck up ...

@ KowtowRobinson...

Considering how poor and insignificant the UK community is (in your eyes anyway.) We managed to produce a player who won the UK finals and a major European tournament all on the same day. How was that not earnt?

Sure there are 1001 players that deserve to be at the SC Impact finals, but deserve and earnt are 2 very different things.

Some mans can really speak proper poppycock.

Hyrul beat the best Mitsu in the world at the Soul Calibur Impact tournament. What more do you want?

When did this happen? It wasn't at the most recent one that Keev won, was it? If he's actually beaten good players, then that's a different story.

When did this happen? It wasn't at the most recent one that Keev won, was it? If he's actually beaten good players, then that's a different story.
Trace, Dag, Akire (Akire is easly the best Mitsu in the world) IMO those are good players, not only good, but best players in their countries.

Edit: forgot to mention Ring...but meh...Rings sux anyways XD

Trace, Dag, Akire (Akire is easly the best Mitsu in the world) IMO those are good players, not only good, but best players in their countries.

Edit: forgot to mention Ring...but meh...Rings sux anyways XD
Lol, don't piss me off or I will ask Namco to nerf Hilde xD btw for the record, I've not played against Hyrul in the tournament:

imagen9uf.jpg

Lol, don't piss me off or I will ask Namco to nerf Hilde xD btw for the record, I've not played against Hyrul in the tournament:

God! You need to stop doing that -_- or I will main Ivy!!!

Point is...Hyrul has defeated many great players and deserves, IMO, the spot more than anyone.

God! You need to stop doing that -_- or I will main Ivy!!!

Point is...Hyrul has defeated many great players and deserves, IMO, the spot more than anyone.
True, no point of arguing here.

btw, you just got exposed! You want Hilde doom combo to stay in the game!! =P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back