[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

To be honest, I'm still a little fuzzy on the Ukemi mechanics of this game myself. A lot of things that used to be techable now aren't. You can tech into a low or high guard, but certain setups allow guaranteed hits if you do indeed tech. These are called Tech-Traps. I'll show you some examples on Tuesday.

I got your friend request, DSBlackfox but I don't have a copy of the game yet. However I did accept your friend request. I'll post up when I do get a copy of the game.

To be honest, I'm still a little fuzzy on the Ukemi mechanics of this game myself. A lot of things that used to be techable now aren't. You can tech into a low or high guard, but certain setups allow guaranteed hits if you do indeed tech. These are called Tech-Traps. I'll show you some examples on Tuesday.
What you said is right. What are you fuzzy about?

Get the guide if you can 88, it touches upon all that and has character specific tech traps so you can test it out in training and see what exactly is happening. I bought it this weekend for the frame data, but it's very well put together and I let my friends read the beginning sections; brought them right up to speed. I highly recommend

Also: any sessions this week? I won't be able to make it out much to weekend ones but I can during the week after work.

Edit: Just added my XBL name, add me for games if you can, I'll try to add everyone else on here

What you said is right. What are you fuzzy about?
Just if there is anything like Just-Ukemi or anything you have to properly time to tech properly. I got hit by some Xiba nonsense and Cheeseburger was telling me I could tech it... and I was trying.

There might be, I'm not certain. A few times I've noticed that I get up a lot earlier than normal. I've been playing SC so long that I tech stuff unconciously and never really think about it.

So winterbrawl.

I have a room with Jian, but no way yet to get to Jians since Jay can't go due to money problems. I was wondering if I could catch a ride with anyone? Goofus?

It seems like teching in place will move you back the farthest? It will get you away from additional damage from Zwei's stomp kick (1K).

Although superlate, ggs from Friday. Hopefully we (Ralph, J, Will-notplaySCV) will be at WB

now that WinterBrawl is almost two weeks away people should have a good idea of whether or not they are going.

at the moment it looks like i still have two spots open in my car and my room. (me + NightBlade so far)

anyone interested? Narcotic? Kikaleek? Lasercakes? anyone else?

If you're on PSN (which you are) hit me up on SC_Nightblade. I'm still pretty baffled that this netcode is so fucking good.
I'm on PSN as mcpeanuts. And yeah this netcode is unreal. I mean maybe my expectations are skewed from playing so much MK9, but the online in SCV feels like there's basically no delay. I'm CEing unsafe stuff on reaction, shit is crazy.

So, I may have another venue for a big tourney, because I've not heard from anyone on the GPUSA staff in over week. I'm still open to talking to them and setting something up for the future, but I'd really like to hold a tourney in mid-March, so I found another venue. Really hoping this works out, but I don't want to get too excited yet.

Quick questions for you guys...if we held a tournament with a $5 venue fee, and whomever brought a TV/console would get their venue fee waived, how many of you would be willing to bring TVs/Monitors/consoles? I need an idea so I can better predict the length of each tourney (looking to run a few at least).

Also, are any of you experienced and willing to help me run 2D fighters? You'll need a laptop and the TIO program. And have the rules been established for SFxT yet?

As for SCV online, my only gripes are that sometimes it takes a great deal of time to find matches, and when playing ranked matches online, if your opponent quits/disconns before the replay of the deciding round has finished, you don't get credit for a Victory. Aside from that, I'm able to break throws, punish unsafe moves, block lows, perform JF's consistently...pretty much everything you couldn't do in SCIV. Asta 1[A],A scrubs have dried up.

Anyone interested in heading out to Dedham to check out that game center sometime?

Fox I can bring another setup and monitor. Would also be willing to try to run a 2D tourny just haven't done one in awhile lol.

Fox id bring my console and asus monitor.....if this tourney takes place on a sunday :)

I was thinking of doing this on a Saturday, actually. Is it just easier for everyone to do tourneys on a Sunday? Because I was kind of hoping of running side tourneys/casuals/money matches late into the evening. But I have to work every Monday through Friday, so I'd personally prefer Saturday =\

Every time I break a throw online, both me and my opponent freeze for a second because we are so surprised.
You already know I agree with this, aside though, I can't knock the online. It's pretty damn close with only the slightest lag it seems. You have to react a little quicker than normal to lows and throws but its not as bad as say, Tekken 6.

So, I may have another venue for a big tourney, because I've not heard from anyone on the GPUSA staff in over week. I'm still open to talking to them and setting something up for the future, but I'd really like to hold a tourney in mid-March, so I found another venue. Really hoping this works out, but I don't want to get too excited yet.

Quick questions for you guys...if we held a tournament with a $5 venue fee, and whomever brought a TV/console would get their venue fee waived, how many of you would be willing to bring TVs/Monitors/consoles? I need an idea so I can better predict the length of each tourney (looking to run a few at least).

Also, are any of you experienced and willing to help me run 2D fighters? You'll need a laptop and the TIO program. And have the rules been established for SFxT yet?

As for SCV online, my only gripes are that sometimes it takes a great deal of time to find matches, and when playing ranked matches online, if your opponent quits/disconns before the replay of the deciding round has finished, you don't get credit for a Victory. Aside from that, I'm able to break throws, punish unsafe moves, block lows, perform JF's consistently...pretty much everything you couldn't do in SCIV. Asta 1[A],A scrubs have dried up.

Anyone interested in heading out to Dedham to check out that game center sometime?

I have heard nothing about possible rules for SFxT because every week something changes regarding gems and DLC. It's kind of a mess, I would stick to the games we know have a scene like Marvel and SF4.

Double posting....like a boss.

Back