Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

its just that i was full of hope after ur long post and when i hit the training mode, i see that nothing is working.
Dont you think its bad to post this kind of stuff in the combo/tech traps thread?

Yes, of course. But it all works.

33B BE, 1A will catch tech to NM's left...
33B BE, 2_8 will catch to NM's left, BUT it will be on the opposite side, meaning they'll have to tech opposite the way they normally do.
33B BE, CE can be teched either way or guarded norally... but after so any tech traps, the opponent won't want to tech.

I don't understand what you're saying is still wrong with my information that I've tested myself.

Yes, of course. But it all works.

33B BE, 1A will catch tech to NM's left...
33B BE, 2_8 will catch to NM's left, BUT it will be on the opposite side, meaning they'll have to tech opposite the way they normally do.
33B BE, CE can be teched either way or guarded norally... but after so any tech traps, the opponent won't want to tech.

I don't understand what you're saying is still wrong with my information that I've tested myself.

I'm going to post the ukemi traps in the guide to see how they stack with the ones we made and to see any similarities and differances.
CH WR(B), nss gs, delay gsb6, gsb6, gsk be= 103 damage and catches right and back
66A, delay 1A6, gsk be=116 damage and catches all
2(K), 1A6, gsb= 101 damage and catches right and back
33b be, delay 44(B), nss a+b, 3a+b= 122 damage and catches left and back
I tried to post this earlier but it just showed up as a blank post.

I thought that this was supposed to be an anti-techtrap initially, however after testing it, it's simply your opponent being dumb for not holding G on wakeup.

I thought that this was supposed to be an anti-techtrap initially, however after testing it, it's simply your opponent being dumb for not holding G on wakeup.

Huh. After testing it for the umpteenth time, I guess it wouldn't work as often as we'd like. They have until the CE animation to press G, but who knows. I still think its viable for his gimmick game, especially if your opponent is near the edge and wants to roll.

Not sure if this has been said yet. But if ever given the chance to end a combo with 2A+B, I would severely recommend it, especially with wall combos. It adds a mass amount of critical meter (which is pretty much crucial when it comes to Nightmare). About 1 2/3s of a gauge if I'm not mistaken.

Hahaha DIME adding CEs to a combo discussion. I found one just setup, GSKBE W CE. Just block to stop it.

With the exception of Asta and NM, can anyone tell me who is considered a big character?

Been in the lab with some tech trap stuff. If the person techs to the right against the wall during a wall combo after WS B, NS ( A+B) you get a free GS b, GS b combo. If they tech to the left, you get a GS K ( EX) into a re wallsplat. ( It will give you a third wall splat if they tech to the right. ) I did this on Cervy. If they tech right, there pretty dead because the combo will do 200+ dmg. If they tech left and eat the GS b combo there pretty much dead aswell.

Big chars are Liz, Seig, NM, and asta. I also found out something cool too. On regular sized characters, after the NS ( A+B) 66b tech trap, if they get caught by it, you get a 2A+B that will combo. Its well worth it beyond any other finisher because of the bar you gain.

Ohayz people.
I have some combo-related questions here, i'm a bit new in 3d fighter in general so the second question might be a bit stupid ^^.

First, what can nightmare do to combo after a GI from GssA, because so far i havent been able to capitalise on it.

Second (might be stupid) what are nightmare best blockstring? I feel like once i start attacking with Nightmare, unlike Xiba for example (for what i felt fighting him at least xD) the opponent never have to guess more than once where to block, Nightmare blockstring being only Two maybe three hit before being able to be massively punished :/.

For block strings you have to stop attack combos short for example: a a stop the combo a a stop the combo a a b might get them then. Its all about storing moves delaying moved going to NS and out just to confuse your opponent as to were you wan to go. A good move on a really defensive player is B+K G 1A. this will make you enter ns exit it and attack low. And the stance movement is alot of action. Also this could lead to then trying to nick you out of ns which then you can just so the K out of ns for the stun combo.

I've been having problems posting lately. Theyll just show up as a blank post. When i get it fixed i am going to compare the ukemi traps from the guide to the ones already in the thread.

Is it 100% confirmed that the DOOM combo works on ALL sized characters, provided the first kickpunch releases them into an altered fall arc, due to ring edge / wall proximity?

*kickpunch = crouch dash kick Brave Edge (air punch grab party ball huzzah) = GSKBE

Said differently:
1) You can force your opponent to stand & guard after GSKBE because if they roll, another one will connect.
2) However, if GSKBE hits and releases them NEAR the edge of the ring or a wall (not the same as wall splat or RO, obv), then tech trap options change as they will be closer to you than normal.
3) AFAIK, in that situation where they land closer to you, another GSKBE is guaranteed. If I am retardedly wrong here, just say so.
4) There may be character size variation that changes what is guaranteed, I dunno, I haven't tested on different sized characters.
5) If the "distance-altered fall arc" oki scenario does guarantee KickPunchsetup is valid, then blowing your meter on multiple KickPunches is the end game, since as soon as you get wall splat or RO it is likely you will be ending the round.

So the real point of re-hashing this topic is thinking of a round in terms of a flow chart, with specific regard to ring position.

What opening moves on what stages will realize the DOOM combo scenario ASAP? What following moves will do so if said opening move is blocked, or if it does hit?

With moves like 3AA, 6K, 4KK, 6A, 66A, 44A, AgA, NSS K (non CH), and GSKBE all sending them flying back or off to the side;
and the tons of moves already mentioned which create stun and both guaranteed damage follow ups AND/OR tech trap for the "flying back moves"';

then it is only a matter of time until NM players can know a simple 2-4 move "program" which will result in the DOOM combo scenario going active, on more than a few different rings which have fairly close by walls, fences, or hard ring edges.

Once the info is fully tested, the program can begin, following a adequate flow chart illustration.

Which will be made into a T-shirt.

stuff about GS K BE x n

wassup misato been a while

GS K BE x n is not solid stuff. According to my tests they can side tech to either side regardless of range and cause a repeat to whiff. Also, if they back tech they can block it even if their back is to the ring edge. The only reason it ever works is because people try to block it without teching, which you can't do.

i can confirm with Tiamat's comments, they can tech away from the 2nd GS K BE, you can try this on the AI, they'll almost always tech out of it.

which has been a thorn on my side since day 1 because i can't find any solid moves to follow up after a GS K BE non wallsplat.

i can confirm with Tiamat's comments, they can tech away from the 2nd GS K BE, you can try this on the AI, they'll almost always tech out of it.

which has been a thorn on my side since day 1 because i can't find any solid moves to follow up after a GS K BE non wallsplat.
I just start playing the zoning game after a combo that ends with GS K BE, it puts them far enough that NM has space to do more set ups.

After gsk be you can 1b to catch sleepers and back tech, or gs for free wrb/throw mixups.

Nightmare tech traps I have discovered during training. If any of these are already discovered, tough shit.
Moving on:

2(K):>
33B - GS B Front/Back/Left(Left need to do 99B)
GS B - GS B - GS K BE Front/Back/Right
1A - GS K BE Front/Back
44(B) - NSS A+B - 2A+B Front/Back/Left (if they stay grounded when 44(B) connects, NSS (A) will turn into a tech trap)

4A:>
44(B) - NSS (A) - NSS K (44B hits grounded) Front/Back/Right
88B Front/Back/Left (22B doesn't work)
11(B) - NSS A+B - 2A+B
GS B - GS B - GS K BE (T! GS B needs to be delayed, not really worth it) Front/Back/Right

NSS A+B:>
NSS A+B - 2A+B Front/Back/Left (2A+B won't connect on back tech)
22_88A Front/Back/Right/Left
44A Front/Back/Right
1A Front/Back/Right (Slightly charged)

33B :>
GS B - GS B - GS K BE Front/Back/Right/Left (Only from a distance otherwise you will pass the opponent and turn into a BT state)
Really the only one you need, mainly because it's guaranteed damage, and a lot at that.

They are pretty much all the juicy ones I can remember with Nightmares Tech Traps. I'm missing my notebook with all the tech traps I discovered while contributing to the guide like 2-3 months ago.

Unorthodox combos I love doing when I get the chance:
22_88K - 4K BE:B 99 damage.
44A - 3B 54 damage
GS B - iag:A 75 damage. Good for W! without using gauge.

If I find my notebook I'll edit this post with more combos and tech traps. Tata

hey just posting a find recently playing around in the training room i found that GS Kabk is loop-able. it combos into itself until you run out of meter. now the better part of it is it can combo. so it links from 1A GS Kabk, or 3B GS Kabk, NSS AB GS Kabk. It also will build a meter back if the opponent hits a wall and you do 4KK, 4Kabk, 2AB. dont know if its new but i thought i would share it

Back