Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

Ummm Im a bit new here to 8wayrun not to forums though here is a combo or 2 easy good damage.

1Horizontal, 6 (gs), K BE, 3Vertical (90-ish dmg)

1Horizontal, 6 (gs), K BE, W!, 4 Vertical x2. (100-ish dmg)

my bnbs more or less despite 1 Horizontals speed.

Also sry for the bad notation can't remember A or B. lolz You guys understand the combo regaurdless

Good to see you are still up and about as well, Tiamat. I am having a lot of fun with NM in this game.

Are you still local to norVA?
I may be going up to Xanadu in SoBmore, MD on Wednesday.

Thanks for the sanity check on linked KickPunches, I re-tested with others and found your post to be true. Not sure what my previous training partner was doing wrong before.

Good to see you are still up and about as well, Tiamat. I am having a lot of fun with NM in this game.

Are you still local to norVA?
I may be going up to Xanadu in SoBmore, MD on Wednesday.

Thanks for the sanity check on linked KickPunches, I re-tested with others and found your post to be true. Not sure what my previous training partner was doing wrong before.

Off topic: Yeah I'm still in norVA and I'm planning to drop by Xanadu on Wednesday. hope to see you there

On topic: uhhhhh.....33B BE > GS K BE is pretty pro RO combo

33B BE > GS K BE will only work when you sniff the hit, land it at max range, and be sure NOT to transition from 33B into GS immediately, correct?

Also, Blackstar and myself have carpooled up to Xanadu before, are you interested in carpooling? We could meet at Tysons Mall garage, and hop on 495:
- either before rush hour gets going
- after it has settled down

Also, wanna get together for some games tomorrow?

33B BE > GS K BE will only work when you sniff the hit, land it at max range, and be sure NOT to transition from 33B into GS immediately, correct?

Also, Blackstar and myself have carpooled up to Xanadu before, are you interested in carpooling? We could meet at Tysons Mall garage, and hop on 495:
- either before rush hour gets going
- after it has settled down

Also, wanna get together for some games tomorrow?

I was landing that combo today as a distance whiff punish. I have a feeling it will work regardless of range though. you can't go from 33B to GS if you're doing the BE anyway.

Also, we are getting off topic, see my response to the rest of your post here: http://8wayrun.com/threads/md-va-wv-sure-is-dead-here.5317/page-66

Ah, duh (the 33B BE locks out the GS), good point. I posted in the thread you referred me to.

I'll be trying some recently posted stuff soon. Also gotta lab some Asta wall splat madness, lol.

Hey GS~K BE loops into itself.

A combo like:
(GS~b) x2, (GS~k BE) x4, w!, 4kk, w!, 3b, nss, a~b (250 dmg)
Is 100%

Check my vid in the nightmare video thread!

I'm not sure if this is known or not yet, but CH GS A, 6K, 1A6 is a combo and techtrap in every direction (Tested on Pyrrha, Nightmare, and Patroklos). It doesn't do that much damage if they stay down, but teching lets you get some serious damage, especially if you're near a wall and have enough for a GS K BE.

Found something out. Off a wall combo, 4KK BE without the just frame tech traps into 3b. It catches all sides and downed (tested against pyrrha and nightmare). If they tech, NM gets a reset on the number of wall hits he's allowed. 2a+b is also guaranteed without the jf.

I think he's allowed 2 wallsplats normally, 2 more if they tech after NSS A+B, and 2 more after a tech trap.

So, if your opponent doesn't know to stop teching while they're on the wall, it may be a good idea to go for 4kkBE first before a iwrb after a wallsplat, so that it looks something like this:

aga, w, 4kk, w, 4kkBE, 3(b), gskbe, w, 4kk, w, iwrb, nss a+b, 2a+b = 267 dmg

After the nss a+b, if they were to tech, you could gskbe for 2 more wallsplats... but they would be dead before then.

Of course, this is all impractical. Just nice to know he has potential full-life wall combos.

Found something out. Off a wall combo, 4KK BE without the just frame tech traps into 3b. It catches all sides and downed (tested against pyrrha and nightmare). If they tech, NM gets a reset on the number of wall hits he's allowed. 2a+b is also guaranteed without the jf.

I think he's allowed 2 wallsplats normally, 2 more if they tech after NSS A+B, and 2 more after a tech trap.

So, if your opponent doesn't know to stop teching while they're on the wall, it may be a good idea to go for 4kkBE first before a iwrb after a wallsplat, so that it looks something like this:

After the nss a+b, if they were to tech, you could gskbe for 2 more wallsplats... but they would be dead before then.

Of course, this is all impractical. Just nice to know he has potential full-life wall combos.

4A+B deadtrap anyone?

That's going to get patched in a hurry lol.

Just wanted to mention that the techtraps and 2A+B ender don't work as well when the you hit the opponent from the front. They can usually tech to the side to avoid the enders.

On a BT opponent, 2[K] is unrollable if they don't tech.

Uh what? I'm hoping your being sarcastic there.

I think they will take full life combos out of the game. I hope it doesnt get patched though.

Back