Nightmare Combo & Tech Trap Discussion

I see, I personally don't think full NM's full life "combos" should be taken out because your opponent has an influence on whether you get more wallsplats or not. A true touch of death combo should be taken out though.

Hey, today I was training with Nightmare and found a funny wall combo:

GS B6, GSB6, GS K BE, ¡W 4KK, ¡W 4K BE, 2A+B (182 dmg) only 25% meter (you actually use 50% meter, but you recover 25% with the finisher 2A+B).

I think that my training dummy was configured correctly, but can someone tell me if this is a guaranteed combo?

Hey, today I was training with Nightmare and found a funny wall combo:

GS B6, GSB6, GS K BE, ¡W 4KK, ¡W 4K BE, 2A+B (182 dmg) only 25% meter (you actually use 50% meter, but you recover 25% with the finisher 2A+B).

I think that my training dummy was configured correctly, but can someone tell me if this is a guaranteed combo?

Yeah it is, but it's very angle dependent for 2A+B to work, and it's only in total 6 dmg more than to do 3B 2aB after the second wallbounce. (wich work in every angle after the 4KK bounce)

Yes but for 2A+B to connect after IS angle dependent.

Marverick wasn't even talking about comboing 2A+B, and it only combos on a BT opponent without the JF. Almost all of NM's good wall combos require you to be perpendicular to the wall to get full damage, otherwise you have to cut it short if you still want to get the 2A+B ender.

Maverick - I wouldn't use 4K BE as a techtrap because it doesn't hit grounded and NM can use the meter for other things.

sorry if this was mentioned but it took me this long to try sometihng so basic

running low kick > 2A+B is combo for 62 dmg. can't do GS K BE sadly

Not sure if this has been written down yet, but GS B, GS B, agA is a combo also for 95 dmg. Air escape back left / back right tested. Haven't managed to land ag:A

This is a tech trap i tested out it will catch both sides but you need to do it very fast to catch left and might be character dependent.

44b, nss a+b, gsb, gs k be ( if you're near the wall you need to delay the gsk be slightly.)

It does at least 109 damage. If you are near a wall you can get up to over 200 damage.

Its not a universal combo , it doesn't work on Pyrrha or Omega without a wall

that sucks. I only tried it on one character (and I can't even remember who now). it's still technically a combo its just a crappy one on pyrrha since the attack throw fails >_>

Is it 100% confirmed that the DOOM combo works on ALL sized characters, provided the first kickpunch releases them into an altered fall arc, due to ring edge / wall proximity?

then it is only a matter of time until NM players can know a simple 2-4 move "program" which will result in the DOOM combo scenario going active, on more than a few different rings which have fairly close by walls, fences, or hard ring edges.

Once the info is fully tested, the program can begin, following a adequate flow chart illustration.

Which will be made into a T-shirt.

I need that shirt.

This is actually old from SC4 but it still works apparently. Forgive me if this was posted already but I haven't seen it.

CH NSS K > iFC grab (catch all ukemi)

unlike SC4 though (if my memory is correct) if they stay down and you did it fast enough (meaning asap or it can be blocked) you'll actually get the head pickup. the timing for the tech trap is quite easy though. gives you some RO potential you wouldn't normally have if they don't break the right button

Well, there is a tech trap with 33B for right or left, I don't remember. I saw Keev during WGC do the unblokable (44A+B I think) and people ate it !
I usually GSS after FC A+G or front jump and throw :D

33b GS hold 4g to turn around then 3(B) b:A CATCHES ALL TECH for 110 damage. Also hits down for 60 damage with no tech. Takes a min to get used too but well worth the effort. At tip range seems a lot easier to time but works regardless of range.

33b GS iFC throws (quick) picks them up with nice frame adv.
33b GS iFC throws (delay) will throw them.
Both work on all techs.

33b GS hold 4g to turn around then 3(B) b:A CATCHES ALL TECH for 110 damage. Also hits down for 60 damage with no tech. Takes a min to get used too but well worth the effort. At tip range seems a lot easier to time but works regardless of range.

Very, very nice. Just tested it. It also works without going into GS after 33b, and does 126 damage, but is a lot harder to time.

Edit: Forgot to turn CH settings off, it still does around 110 damage.

33b GS iFC throws (quick) picks them up with nice frame adv.
33b GS iFC throws (delay) will throw them.
Both work on all techs.

Hold G 2A+B should also be a combo. 2 (K) also a tech trap?

Hold G 2A+B should also be a combo. 2 (K) also a tech trap?
I couldn't get 2a+b to hit consistently but nightmare has a ton of options after 33 b GS. 4kk BE catches left tech after 33 b GS. iFC 3b catches right tech. After 33b GS 4g quickstep forward a+g b+g catches all tech. 3k catches all.

U have to tap 4g after GS to get these to work.

Back