Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

so anyone that had played NM in the latest build can comment on his matchups? how does he fair with the current revealed casts. who is his bitch and who makes him their bitch?

This is just me guessing but I think his matchups will still have some resemblance to previous games. Pyrrha (punishing) and Astaroth (TCs, better throws) will probably be troublesome. He'll probably be fine against Maxi and Siegfried, partly cause he'll have A+B and CE to stuff stance shenanigans.

Paragon - Those are easier to see but they hurt more. Old 11B is a move with a weird animation so unless people play against Nightmare a lot they wouldn't react to it. He doesn't seem to have anything that does quite the same thing as old 11B to replace it. I think now instead of going for low chip as a ranged low/oki move we'll have to go for moves that damage their guard meter instead.

Edit: As per Engared's suggestion many posts such as Hates' impressions have been moved to this thread

Does anyone know if anyone else's can?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add I saw it in Magtron's stream of story mode. Its still going on so I don't have any video proof I can show you :(

Does anyone know if anyone else's can?

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to add I saw it in Magtron's stream of story mode. Its still going on so I don't have any video proof I can show you :(

GOOD GOD.. if that's the case, i might start playing NM on the regular. That thing ALREADY has too many perks, and the damage output is just retardedly high.

lol, not throw out just like that, from 66K or 1A, try to combo to the wall or out of ring.

Now it is more unsafe single kick, that you might add little extra damage with some of the bar, but far away from pressure.

EDIT: the old one leaves you for an ideal distance for mix up between 66B or 1A if it didn't hit a wall.

Got a pretty long session in with Jaxel, Hates, Malice, Ramon, and others last night. His close range game sucks pretty bad, I feel. It's harder to work at long range too because 11B is gone.

There were a few times I 11Ked out of instinct and I got that horrid drop kick.

Got a pretty long session in with Jaxel, Hates, Malice, Ramon, and others last night. His close range game sucks pretty bad, I feel. It's harder to work at long range too because 11B is gone.

There were a few times I 11Ked out of instinct and I got that horrid drop kick.

Is A+B still as good as it was before release?

Also, would love to hear some feedback on 44A if anyone has it.

Played a bit of NM as well. Admittedly both of us were almost scrubbing, considering I am out of the game for so long and still trying to get used to it.

Close-range sucks, horribly. I was mainly using CE by rushing up to opponent and baiting an attack. However mid-long is probably a little better. NM can kill step if you know how, and with step being a little more unsafe this could be important. JG might negate that in the long run though. We will see.

Also WS A is such a nice punisher even though it is unsafe lol.

Edit: Just saw ioKain's post. A+B activation is slower now (I could be wrong). Unless the enemy seriously spams, you are in for a shock if you try to use it in situations where you thought you could do better. 44A is great for wake-up mix-ups and some pushback but I should think, looking at its block stun possibilities, that it is unsafe at closer ranges (as usual). Again, I could be wrong, because I was mainly trying to do old WS AA and kept forgetting it is now 22_88AA.

A+B's explosion activation window seems to be noticeably longer/larger, which is great.

I don't like 44A. It's way too slow. Very easy to see and block. I have some nifty tech traps off of it on hit, though. I never use the move though because like I said, easily blockable and easily interruptable. Like panther said, it may be best to apply on wake up if you want to risk losing guaranteed damage if the opponent ducks (3[B ] > NSS bA or 33B6 > GS B) for 44A and subsequent tech traps for potentially more damage.

Ok, Nightmare has some sick oki. There's no real profitable way to get up against him except quick getup and block low. If they tech, you have 7a, which also hits if they lay there. If they backroll, you have 7b, which also also hits if they lay there. If they try and do anything but stay down and keep rolling and you have a meter, super will wreck them, and 7a, like I already said, hits if they techroll. Of course, once you have them getting up and blocking low, it's time to start throwing in launchers.

Ok, Nightmare has some sick oki. There's no real profitable way to get up against him except quick getup and block low. If they tech, you have 7a, which also hits if they lay there. If they backroll, you have 7b, which also also hits if they lay there. If they try and do anything but stay down and keep rolling and you have a meter, super will wreck them, and 7a, like I already said, hits if they techroll. Of course, once you have them getting up and blocking low, it's time to start throwing in launchers.

you posted in the combo thread but you aren't really talking about combos so I moved it here.

Also, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you using the correct notation? I wouldn't think to use 7A and 7B for oki as those are jump moves, and especially 7A since it is high

Back