Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

The gsk wallsplat is probably just an inconsistent effect. Wouldn't be the first time a move in Soulcalibur randomly gave a wallsplat or ring out.

I saw WS A get stupped in a pre-release video. I guess it was changed.

the frames on 6(B) NSS K are HORRIBLE on block. you can interrupt with like anything. it used to be a pretty solid frametrap too

Don't know if this been mentioned.

There you can delay the second part of 4KK after the first hit. Its small but maybe you can confirm before you commit to the second part of the string.

Edit: Also, moves that I think that will be really useful for NM at the moment are 3AA and GS B. 3AA because though really unsafe still, its pushback + range is nice for how fast it is. GS B because of how SAFE it feels. I'm not sure what is guaranteed after GS B without committing to another GS but mixing it up with throws for oki feels solid.

Edit2: Yo...i'm really liking the range on 3K right now. Still linear and stuff but yeah. Doesn't feel neutral on NH anymore. Mixing that up with (the more unsafe) 1K is fun.

The gsk wallsplat is probably just an inconsistent effect. Wouldn't be the first time a move in Soulcalibur randomly gave a wallsplat or ring out.
The difference I've seen is the wall you want to splat to... It doesn't appear to wall splat on low walls... High walls are good to go though.

- I.C.E.

P.S. I'm talking about the BE btw

Yo, been a while guys. Anyone feel like they took away/changed some of Nightmares moves unnecessarily? Like why take out 4K[K]? And why does ground stab not give you a powerup anymore? Also, is it just me or is it impossible to get instant WR moves now, like regardless of buffering or not, it forces me to take that little step. Same with 236A, I have to do the full animation of GS before I can hit A. Or do I just suck?

you sure it's still linear? it seemed to be tracking pretty damn well on both sides when I was testing it earlier

Your right. In training I cant step it at all.

I kept using it at tip range so I assumed it was because of lack of tracking, not me screwing up the spacing. Whoops.

Yo, been a while guys. Anyone feel like they took away/changed some of Nightmares moves unnecessarily? Like why take out 4K[K]? And why does ground stab not give you a powerup anymore? Also, is it just me or is it impossible to get instant WR moves now, like regardless of buffering or not, it forces me to take that little step. Same with 236A, I have to do the full animation of GS before I can hit A. Or do I just suck?

at neutral frames I can get iWR B to trade with 3B but it's difficult timing. dunno if that's fastest or not. 4[K] was pretty manly in 4 I agree

Your right. In training I cant step it at all.

I kept using it at tip range so I assumed it was because of lack of tracking, not me screwing up the spacing. Whoops.

thats a nice buff to 3K honestly. it's + on hit and tracks well now. kinda ass on block still though (about as ass as a "safe" move gets, meaning you can't step well after it)

EDIT: OH MY GOD WS K IS TRASH. +0 on CH and he can punish it with his own 6B. which isn't even that fast. holyyyyyy shiiiiiiit this move is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad edit again: -16

Oh poop, sorry old notation. I meant While running, like 33B. Every tome no matter what, gotta take that step

No more instant 33b is a pain. Seems a bunch of his old combos and tech traps are out. 3b has alright range but can be teched to both sides.

Putting one up for 3AA great mid-range step/quick-step killer.

EDIT: OH MY GOD WS K IS TRASH. +0 on CH and he can punish it with his own 6B. which isn't even that fast. holyyyyyy shiiiiiiit this move is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad edit again: -16

Fuh. So it is a choice between WS B and A now? Every time I did WS (B) and tried to frame trap with NSS K I get pwned though. Only transition that seems to give any advantage now for NSS K is NSS [A]. :(

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but post A+G, AI was rolling away from my 3B followup.

I haven't tested anything out thoroughly actually, mostly just played around with the online and sandbagging all the newbies. The netcode is so much better than SCIV; not completely lagless, but definitely very good. We can block lows on reaction now :D

Back to NM stuff, JF aga seems easier to do for me. Still trying to get used to his various BE attacks. I don't really have a gameplan for his CE other than 1K > CE or wakeup CE

Fuh. So it is a choice between WS B and A now? Every time I did WS (B) and tried to frame trap with NSS K I get pwned though. Only transition that seems to give any advantage now for NSS K is NSS [A]. :(

No. Just because it's unsafe does not mean it's useless. You just have to know how the worst thing your opponent can do to you after blocking it, and choose whether or not to use WS K accordingly. Using WS [B ] over WS K in certain situations is ludicrous, imo. If you're playing Pyrrha, for example, you obviously should not be using WS K much, if at all. Drop the mix-up if you have life lead/can afford it/not in their heads and just play it patient.

Back to NM stuff, JF aga seems easier to do for me. Still trying to get used to his various BE attacks. I don't really have a gameplan for his CE other than 1K > CE or wakeup CE

I'm not finding JF aga. How are you inputting it?

I'm not finding JF aga. How are you inputting it?
Same as I usually do. I'm playing on 360 pad, and I have the right bumper set to A. So I slide really quick with my thumb from A to G on the face buttons and then hit the bumper immediately afterwards.

EDIT: Also, Tiamat, apparently there was some official (or not) guide that was advertised as having all the frame data. So if you choose to believe that, then you can hold off on frame testing for the time being.

No. Just because it's unsafe does not mean it's useless. You just have to know how the worst thing your opponent can do to you after blocking it, and choose whether or not to use WS K accordingly. Using WS [B ] over WS K in certain situations is ludicrous, imo. If you're playing Pyrrha, for example, you obviously should not be using WS K much, if at all. Drop the mix-up if you have life lead/can afford it/not in their heads and just play it patient.

There is no WS (B) anymore. No transition into NSS, just found out from the other thread. It kind of makes his WS game amusingly sad, to say the least. Of course I know by now that it can still be used, but if you want to be absolutely safe, then you might as well trick them into thinking you will do a WS and then throw them instead.

Though I do not understand the reasoning behind making WS K so unsafe. It has always been one of his better moves since SC2 and one of his options when he is in FC state. Meh, we will just work with what we have like always.

Back