Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

Sorry, 1. Not used to notating moves using the numberpad. I mainly play tekken, so directions are used, not numbers

I see. Well in that case you are talking about 1A and 1B which are both lows. the bad thing is that if they can react to these moves you won't be able to do good mid/low mixups with them as oki

1B is only a tech trap on back-tech. Also unsafe, and not good because people can usually see it coming. Still I suppose you could mix it up with other tech-traps first to force the back-tech so you can use it. IMHO I rather use GS K for that since I can go into GS K BE if given the chance to continue the pressure or to RO in front.

3AA for killing step at mid-long ranges is what I believe to be something useful but also not spammable. One might want to try that and 3A alone mixed with other stuff for mix-ups (ie. verticals, 3 might be an option for one).

Well, it seems the purpose of the new WS K is to mix it up with the new WS A. Step beats WS K, WS A beats step. After CH 1K, WS K is uninterruptible at close range. They have to block or step afterward. If they block, throw/crouch throw. If they step, WS A. So fun.

Doesn't FC 3B track the other side though?

probably....though the less options you are required to use the better, so would be ideal to get something that tracks both sides. might have to just throw, assuming throws still track well

WS A is awesome as a step-killer. I love it so much. Good to know it tracks both ways. And with the auto-throw on hit it RO's in front. Note that it will still auto-throw a jumping opponent (if someone tries that for any reason).

hteng: Yes.

things i liked

4K now seems to give + frames on Normal Hit
3K seems to be + on Normal Hit and faster
if 4K hits i wasnt allowed to duck the second move, just can guard the second same as SC4 4KK.
his BB i think is safe (tried to punish that with viola 2A and Night could block that at least)
WSA great reach to the front and cover one side, also good damage and seems to be safe on block but high.

his CE isnt the great thing it seem to be pretty more risky to Nightmare

transitions to GS felt to be activate slower and the window to perform the attacks of the GS felt kinda smaller than SC4

he is looking pretty solid

Welp, I've got good news and I've got bad news.

The good news is that a+b is fucking hilarious. It beats some ridiculous stuff, including a number of BEs. It also beats Natsu's 66k. It also clean hits which is the greatest thing.

The bad news--and this might temporary because I only got to spend 30 seconds in training mode--is that 4k does not punish tasb.

Hopefully I can unlock her tonight so that I can start figuring out what to do.

For anyone that cares, I got 3rd place. Lost to Russel's Yoshi. First time I'd played against a Yoshi in sc5 and I'm generally awful against Yoshi regardless.

Today I found out Nightmare is completely new to me. Some property of SC4 moves changed completely, even it is the same animation such as GSA is much slower now. 66K6->GSA(hit) is not easy because of the speed of GSA.
Anyway, thanks Page to show how good the A+B today. I think A+B's auto-counter can hit a lot of moves, which is slower recovery or unsafe on block. For example: GSA(1P) -> A+B(2P) -> auto-counter hits 1P even the player is holding the guard. NSSK(1p) -> A+B(2p) -> auto-counter hits 1P.
So A+B's auto-coutner is good against to string, BE string, unsafe moves and slower recovery moves.
****This information above may have error because I don't have the game yet. XD

My favourite move for today is WSA.

Unlocked everyone except Algol, so now I'm going to bed.

Did try testing a couple more things, though.

I could not get gsk to wallsplat in training. Not once.

I noticed something odd about nss bA, and this may not be new but I don't remember sc4 Nightmare as well as I should. The jf for bA is not actually b:A, it's fastest input after a nss transition. If you're already in nss no amount of b:A mashing will get you the jf, but b+k:bA works every time. Because of that the timing on 3b:bA feels a little tricky. For me. Right now. Since I suck.

I found that Nightmare was insanely strong in the long range when i played him. Gotta buy the game though lol.

I could not get gsk to wallsplat in training. Not once.

It does not wall-splat, I can confirm this. Only the BE does. Wall-splat after BE into 2A+B (or if fast enough 3(B) NSS b:A) is great.

I noticed something odd about nss bA, and this may not be new but I don't remember sc4 Nightmare as well as I should. The jf for bA is not actually b:A, it's fastest input after a nss transition. If you're already in nss no amount of b:A mashing will get you the jf, but b+k:bA works every time. Because of that the timing on 3b:bA feels a little tricky. For me. Right now. Since I suck.

3-5 seconds was all it took for me to consistently get the JF when I was already in NSS when I first got the game and tried out Nightmare. It probably has to do with my experience in BBCS though so that hardly counts. I cannot say exactly how I did it, just so happens to be fastest input I guess. And I am probably used to fast inputs so maybe that counts for something.

It is unfortunate that GS K (BE) after CH GS A -> 4KK is not a combo. I kept thinking it was. :(

Oh, a range problem. Good pointing that out. That means that you have to be really close to get the wall splat. If I had BE I rather do the BE wall splat.

I doubt the fact that it is a breakable wall has to do with page's findings, but it could be that.

Back