Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

How about interesting stuff like WS B~236 or 22A6~GS? Could this be made safe by the above tech?

22A6 into GS mix-ups would become quite deadly imho.

In that case, things that should be tested:
33B6 cancel → 4A+B
33B6 cancel → 66B, possible tech trap like after NSS A+B?

Either way, with the GS K BE Nightmare's wall game just got that much better.

In that case, things that should be tested:
33B6 cancel → 4A+B
33B6 cancel → 66B, possible tech trap like after NSS A+B?

Either way, with the GS K BE Nightmare's wall game just got that much better.

Tested:

4A+B no Tech trap but FULL Roll/staydown trap. half life dmg.

66B guaranteed Combo + Full tech trap .
69 dmg if they stay down, 121 dmg if they tech into 66B.

Tested against Leixia and NM

it probably won't change that...much. :p

Thanks for speeding up the new combo discovery. It's almost like the universe waited until someone would say something like that.

I wish we could get a confirmation from PS if it was intentional. Placing hidden stuff like this is practically an art.

JP players were talking about it on twitter.
wow... thank you for discovering the Japanese secret otherwise it will leave in the coffin forever. Do they type Japanese?
Wow... I can't imagine how good Nightmare will be with a safe 33B6. @_@

New Combos possible:

Combos into GS K also.
Crazy stuff. Crazy Wall combo. Does it look like the "B+K Cancel" removed the frames of Turning Back too?
If it is, I'm pretty sure that 33B6>B+K Cancel>1A is an All-Side-Tech-Trap against to all characters because 33B6>TurningBack>JF Releasing G>JF input 1A --> is an All-Side-Tech-Trap combo in SC3.
And then I can mix-up with 4A+B with the "B+K Cancel". 50/50 mix-ups?

And those 66B tech-traps suggestion sounds good.

Let me see.

Alright guys, update on 33B ~ 4A+B.

I hope your not too hyped for this, it's extremly difficult to make it catch all siderolls.
I was playing against Chaos and i tried to 4A+B him, but he could roll left.

So i went to test it:

I though i did something wrong bc i'm sure that i got it on Leixia !
But i could't get it anymore... i tried Mitsu then...he could always roll left to avoid it!

But then i got it!! It catched my left roll! BUT HELL... it's difficult.
Almost like a JF and it doesn't work on CH, it doesn't work at some angles.

So, if you try it and you think it doesn't catch all rolls = it does.
I got a video doing it on Mitsu, when he rolls left.

Maybe someone with a progammable stick can check all the frames and tells us in detail , if it catches all rolls when you cancel in the first possible frames. Bc im not sure if i got the fastest cancel all the time.

Anyways.....guess what caches left rolls all rolls too....Kappa

EDIT:
Shouldnt 44b tech trap aswell?
Yes i think it does, one side. But you don't need it since 66B will catch ALL + guaranteed.

DarkSlayer, don't worry. We need more time to test it. It probably relate several difficult input timing such as Releasing G, 4A+B input and B+K G. It is not a easy task for testing it on every characters. Thanks for your contribution.

Bad news.
About 33B6>B+K:G>Turning Back>1A,
I think it is not an All-Side-Tech-Trap for all characters because it is too close and some character can tech-roll escape from it.

About 33B6>B+K:G>Turning Back>4A+B,
I tried it so many times, but some characters can roll left to escape from it. Maybe I messed up my input timing. Need more people to test it.

No more 50/50 mix-up. Even it is, it will be very difficult to be executed.

Bad news.
About 33B6>B+K:G>Turning Back>1A,
I think it is not an All-Side-Tech-Trap for all characters because it is too close and some character can tech-roll escape from it.

About 33B6>B+K:G>Turning Back>4A+B,
I tried it so many times, but some characters can roll left to escape from it. Maybe I messed up my input timing. Need more people to test it.

No more 50/50 mix-up. Even it is, it will be very difficult to be executed.

Typical SC5 Nightmare.

How about 2B+K BE as stay down option? Does it ground hit and do damage?

Didn't see this anywhere but after 33B6 GS cancel 44K catches sleep and all rolls. And a slightly delayed 3B will tech trap all directions for a pop up. Could be useful for trying to get a RO with 3B, NSS bA

Back