Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

NoFaceKiller just use NM for grande final I think. Btw, I don't understand how he won, he played with the basic mindgame, rush : 3B or Grab. Xiba missed SO MANY punishments, I can't believe it worked...
People really need to learn the devil

Well I want to say everyone that has won with NM so far, played NM in SC4, so it isn't some nobody just pulling NM out of their ass and winning stuff.

Secondly noface or throwface won because he grabed a ton. And wakeup wrB. I.... actually who cares.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLG was pre-patch, NCR was post-patch.

Either way I think today proved that Nightmare is way too broken, and he needs to be nerfed and banned. Not one or the other, both. This character is way too good to even exist in this game. I plan on writing Namco and having them lock him on the character select screen so no one will ever have to go to the lab with Nightmare.

(good job Keev and NFK)

While you're at it, can you also put in a few words about the nerfed Tira and Co?? I'm afraid if I wrote one, it'll turn into a angry, pathatic, wall-of-text, whine... XD

"MLG was pre-patch, NCR was post-patch.

Either way I think today proved that Nightmare is way too broken, and he needs to be nerfed and banned. Not one or the other, both. This character is way too good to even exist in this game. I plan on writing Namco and having them lock him on the character select screen so no one will ever have to go to the lab with Nightmare."

Wow, that had to be the biggest troll post I've seen yet.

Would anyone be interested in sparring with an extra-crazy Tira main on XBL? I'd love to spar against a good Nightmare or two :D

So whats the next Major for the year. I'm making a graph showing how many wins it'll take before people can no longer call Nightmare "mid tier". It is currently going up at a steady 45 degree angle, shouldn't take long.

i thought NM is a super-unsafe character with those high risk, high reward type move-set. tho i guess turtling against him wouldn't work well due to high guard damage. but eventually jG is going to be a must-learn technique, then would NM still be as fearsome?

Been playing NM a lot more lately..

my impression.

NM has never been more safe and easy and simple

right now it definitely feels that this version of NM is the strongest he's ever been

-LAU

So, I've been trying to find some decent options post B+G. Seems like he really has no go-to oki options.

However, i did find some interesting things.

First, if your opponent rolls left, right, or forward, NSS B will poke them. However, they can stand in time to block during the roll. So this is a gimmick.

Second, 44K will hit your opponent if they roll left or right for really good damage. Again, they can stand in time to block, which will cause 44k to whiff. So its a gimmick.

But finally, 33B seems to be really nice. If they roll left or forward, 33b will hit them grounded. The thing is though, if they try to block during the side roll, 33B launches.

But yeah, other than those, you can't do much else other than running or GSing in for mixups.

So, I've been trying to find some decent options post B+G. Seems like he really has no go-to oki options.

However, i did find some interesting things.

First, if your opponent rolls left, right, or forward, NSS B will poke them. However, they can stand in time to block during the roll. So this is a gimmick.

Second, 44K will hit your opponent if they roll left or right for really good damage. Again, they can stand in time to block, which will cause 44k to whiff. So its a gimmick.

But finally, 33B seems to be really nice. If they roll left or forward, 33b will hit them grounded. The thing is though, if they try to block during the side roll, 33B launches.

But yeah, other than those, you can't do much else other than running or GSing in for mixups.

I do a double GS into a flapjack/GS B mixup hah.

Same here. I might start with the 33Bs though, I'd like to see the look on my opponent's face when they get launched from the ground.

Does it hit if they stay grounded? Because throwing out 33B and 66B post B+G in my mine would work extremely well as well.

Does it hit if they stay grounded? Because throwing out 33B and 66B post B+G in my mine would work extremely well as well.

Yeah, it will hit grounded, but it only launches if they try to block during a roll to NM's right i.e. they see a big slow ass vertical so they try to guard.

Also 33B and 66B can both be avoided by rolling to NM's left sadly.

Yeah, it will hit grounded, but it only launches if they try to block during a roll to NM's right i.e. they see a big slow ass vertical so they try to guard.

Also 33B and 66B can both be avoided by rolling to NM's left sadly.

But not the GS mix-up right? Is there anything which will ground hit the left roll?

Edit: 44k will. Hmmm.... 52 damage on the ground.

Back