Nightmare General Discussion/Q&A

So can we get a list of what combos we can get from 33B GS cancel? Are there any significant changes in terms of damage output?

Here's my list:

GS B tech traps all directions against all of the cast. The timing however varies significantly from character to character, with viola type hitboxes being extremely hard to catch left tech against, but still possible. Some characters like Siegfried require a slightly delayed version to catch ukemi. If they don't ukemi, GS B still hits grounded for 65ish damage.

66B is the go to down trap. Its the most damage if they don't ukemi, and will catch left tech against some characters. It can be teched right by most if not all of the cast though.

4a+b is character specific, but if you know which characters it works against and at what ranges, its an even better down trap that 66b.

3B/2(K) - this mixup still works, though the 3B will have to be delayed more with the cancel than usual. The cancel makes sure it won't whiff at max range like it sometimes does with no cancel.

44(B) covers left tech very easily, where GS B can sometimes be a bitch to time correctly. Also hits grounded, and leaves you at advantage should it whiff against right ukemi.

2A+B lands reliably now with the cancel, for 70ish damage, making it the best guaranteed damage.

aga combos for left side wall splats and ROs.

GS K BE will combo for long range reverse ROs.

You can also do 33B GS NSS b:A at max range, for 77 damage. Fancy looking, but not very useful.

Last edited:
No worries about it DIME, it happens. Also interesting note about 44B still leaving you at advantage if they tech right. :)

I personally just go with the normal GS B follow up afterwards and take the mid low mixup. I don't like potentially messing up guaranteed combo damage due to not cancelling early enough. Though GS B has whiffed at odd angles before....

Last edited:
Hey I've been testing out some tech traps you can do after 33b, GS, NSS X cancel, if you turn around by holding x after you do the cancel you have a few tech traps such as if they tech right you can get 1A6 -GS KBE 110 damage. If they tech left you can get another 33b -GS b 102 damage very hard to do have to do perfect cancel turn around and immediately do 33b. Also you can occasionally get 3 b:a but you have to turn around after you have done the cancel by holding x if anyone feels like experimenting more with this and tell me if you found out anything much appreciated

My notation is bad btw haha..

Adding to my post above GS - KBE is guarnteed wether they tech any way or not 71 - 74 damage

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure its neither but I'll double check. Definitely not a combo or a tech trap.

4K BE, GS K BE will combo if the opponent doesn't tech though.

Last edited:
just wondering, you cannot buffer aga, right? I didn't notice until now that I need to look at my character and wait for him to return to neutral before I could input aga... no wonder I couldn't do it after 66B...

Is it possible to use this GS cancel on other entries like 66K?

EDIT: Nevermind I did not check the previous pages. Now my problem is that I cannot get this cancel to work for the life of me, Is it a just frame?

Last edited:
Does anyone want to teach the Alpha how to be the best Nightmare? Execution is not a problem, I just need to talk about some strategies.

it's definitely been posted before, but what are the go to guard break (depends on break move) and GI combos for nightmare? search bar didn't give me immediate results

Back