Votes: 29 17.7%
  • New School

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Both

Votes: 107 65.2%
  • Anime? What's that?

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
Anyone knows what is really going on with Fairy Tail? Someone in the know like Animefreak? I don't want opinions or rumors.

SAO first half is dynamite imho. They could of left us hanging there and it would suffice. The second half wasn't as great as the first. Sure the music was just as great as the first OP and Ending, yet I felt like it went meh on me. I still think it wasn't a waste of time, but the first half is without a doubt my favorite part.

Magi as Xernuht says is awesome, but Alibaba needs to man up at times. All the other characters are cool though.

Accel World I may have to watch since I downloaded the whole thing, but I've been lazy.

Only reason to watch this show is the fights scenes. Only reason.
To tell you the truth I think its one of the best anime I have ever watched, maybe because I am a hardcore RPG player.

The second season is not that good, but the story line in the first one its amazing, I almost cried when Kirito receives the gift in Christmas.

To tell you the truth I think its one of the best anime I have ever watched, maybe because I am a hardcore RPG player.

The second season is not that good, but the story line in the first one its amazing, I almost cried when Kirito receives the gift in Christmas.

Its not amazing. All the characters all fall short. But I digress

If that made you cry you should watch Clannad After Story. And I don't mean watch a few episodes. Watch it all.

If you want RPG then watch any of the .Hack series. If you found Sword amazing you'll find this god like.

Its not amazing. All the characters all fall short. But I digress

If that made you cry you should watch Clannad After Story. And I don't mean watch a few episodes. Watch it all.

If you want RPG then watch any of the .Hack series. If you found Sword amazing you'll find this god like.

I will definitely give it a try.

I still insist in my point of view about SAO, everyone its different, if you think it wasn't that good I respect your opinion, but for me it was pretty good.

The only issue with SAO's first half was the pacing. If Season 1 was a drawn-out retelling of the entire Aincrad arc, with added episodes written by Kawahara to give more screen time to the side characters and build on Kirito and Asuna's relationship so that the in-game wedding bit doesn't feel rushed, it would have been worth all the hype. Then, make ALO an independant 12-episode season where they WRITE OUT THE AWKWARD INCEST SUBTEXT/TEXT and make Sugou a better villain.

The only issue with SAO's first half was the pacing. If Season 1 was a drawn-out retelling of the entire Aincrad arc, with added episodes written by Kawahara to give more screen time to the side characters and build on Kirito and Asuna's relationship so that the in-game wedding bit doesn't feel rushed, it would have been worth all the hype. Then, make ALO an independant 12-episode season where they WRITE OUT THE AWKWARD INCEST SUBTEXT/TEXT and make Sugou a better villain.

Don't forget the plot holes, shitty main character and pointless harem. As said before the main character is never in any danger or any trouble whats so ever. There's no challenge. Nothing about him is relatable and not enough makes you want to be him besides him being in a harem and being OP. He's mary sue of the story.

Don't forget the plot holes, shitty main character and pointless harem. As said before the main character is never in any danger or any trouble whats so ever. There's no challenge. Nothing about him is relatable and not enough makes you want to be him besides him being in a harem and being OP. He's mary sue of the story.
You're supposed to want to BE the main character of a story for it to be any good? I wouldn't want to be Ulysses, for instance, but I think most people would agree the odyssey isn't that bad. If anything a hero that you want to be feels like a Mary Sue to me, and reeks of fantasy wish fufulment. Which (fswf) was a big part of why I couldn't stand Guilty Crown. Different strokes I guess.

You're supposed to want to BE the main character of a story for it to be any good? I wouldn't want to be Ulysses, for instance, but I think most people would agree the odyssey isn't that bad. If anything a hero that you want to be feels like a Mary Sue to me, and reeks of fantasy wish fufulment. Which (fswf) was a big part of why I couldn't stand Guilty Crown. Different strokes I guess.

Thank you! Fantasy wish fulfillment is perfect way to describe this. This story was made by a 14 year with that mind set.

This story was made by a 14 year with that mind set.

I didn't know 14 year olds made a story that made cash lol. Seriously. To piggyback what John could be going on about, the protagonist tends to have 2 or more things about him we like as a dynamic character.

I'm not Kirito, but is it wrong to cheer him on when he was desperately fighting to save those he cared about? Asuna is the catalyst for him to change. Before he was a loner and an outcast with not much purpose. Just slice stuff up and beat the game to be free. No other goals besides that.

His first guild, he lied about his high level because he wanted to fit in and be accepted. He wanted to fight alongside them. However, his first guild met with an unfortunate end. Thus, he goes back to being a wishy washy loner mercenary or so. Right there, I made a connection for when I was a high school kid trying to fit in. Thus, I can definitely understand what Kirito is going through.

Anyways, Asuna soon meets him and lo and behold, he has a goal after he beats the game with Asuna. He wants to care for her as to we want to care for someone who likes you inside and out.

Xermuht said it best when all they needed to do was be more inclusive so things don't feel rushed or forced in plot. That was what I disliked in the second half. First half needed some touch-ups, yet it has evoked enough emotions from me to make it worthwhile. Hence those examples of relating myself in Kirito's shoes.

If this were a 14 year old story, it wouldn't have made it to this thread as some anime to discuss about. This wasn't some amazing anime, but it was far from the insults you're giving it. If anything, I think you're just making a big hyperbole out of it like some people love to do when they feel their high standards aren't met.

I didn't know 14 year olds made a story that made cash lol. Seriously. To piggyback what John could be going on about, the protagonist tends to have 2 or more things about him we like as a dynamic character.

I just watch I feel differently about this now cause this guy

I just watch I feel differently about this now cause this guy
So you let a critic with a nice review dictate what you truly feel? I wonder if many people all go through that same stage just as you? If you're one of those "omg it's awesome" turned "you know what you're right, it's crap" type of people, I think you're one fickle person.

The more knowledge we attain sometimes, the more dissatisfied, anal, and snobbish we get towards blind weeaboo fans of Naruto for instance. Lest we forget, we used to be like them too......until our eyes were opened. The rhetorical question is: why aren't some of these critics taking the dos and don'ts to make the right anime?

If I wanted to tap into my high standards to anime, I think I would be like some bitter old lady who hasn't had good sex in forever. Truth be told, this was aimed towards the shounen crowd in my opinion. If you're looking for complex and awesome stories, then shounen may not be for you.

Letting someone elses views on something change what you feel is stupid. It's why critics don't read other critics reviews, it's like the number 1 rule of being a critic. It also holds in LIFE.

Not to mention, going overboard and saying it's really bad. If a show has 1 redeeming quality, it's automatically not REALLY BAD. If there's more than 1 then it's just mediocre, and if it's exceptional at any or most subjects then it's good to GREAT.
You need to revise your thoughts on what REALLY BAD actually is.
(obviously these numbers are just examples and im being kinda lax, but the point holds true)

Anyone knows what is really going on with Fairy Tail? Someone in the know like Animefreak? I don't want opinions or rumors.

The Fairy Tail anime is not over, if that's what you're asking. The creator ended the anime for a reason not yet fully disclosed. He has a project or contract preventing him from saying exactly what it is that's going on. He has said that it's not over yet though, so it's just over until further notice.
There is a Fairy Tail x Rave Master OVA coming though lol.

The plot holes are supposed to be filled in by adding in more material.

I'll admit that Kirito's not the best main character, and probably has one of the most laughable backstories ever, but he's not that bad once things get moving. As for being overpowered, they justify it up until the end as him having power-levelled at every given chance on his own (more content to be filled in through extra episodes), and having the inherently-broken dual-wielding ability. Remember as well that Heathcliff isn't much better with his unique ability, and the fact that he scripted that part.

The harem's stupid, I'll definitely give you that one. Especially Suguha.

Not in danger? Regular monsters shouldn't ever be a threat in these kinds of stories. EVER. As far as the boss fight goes, Kirito still nearly dies while fighting it, and the 75th floor boss had nigh-instant-kill attacks. With him as the main character, you can't have him getting offed, can you? As for ALO... well, it's the weakest arc in SAO anyways, so just deal with it. Even I won't attempt to redeem that arc.

SAO is terrible. it's a romance series with crappy characters.

This season has some good stuff though, like Attack on Titan and Hentai Ouji ;)

I don't like .hack series, for me is waaaaaay to boring.

I personally enjoyed SAO, I don't care what other people say, there is no way for anyone to change my mind, it might not be the best anime ever but its not the worst either.

Every anime has its con and pros. I would've liked a better explanation of the first part if the series because everything goes by really fast, also the second part was good but not as good as the first one, and not to mention that they messed up when his cousin falls for him(which I think it was pointless).

Any other recommendations??

Back