Official SCV Stage Discussion

Lili_%28Playroom%29_%28T5_DR%29.jpg

just saying...

Technically new stage are awesome to see,the one on the ship is yet one of the best ever

But still i want my fuckin "real world places"

In other words give me back my Venice

At first I was repulsed by the idea of an infinite stage, but as I think about it, it's cool. In tournament among serious players we pick random stage anyways; so what does it hurt to give anti-ro scrubs something to cling to besides a cage? Also, adapting to the environment is part of being a good player. So we learn to deal with it.

-Idle

I'm still not happy about it. I love the variety of game-states that walls and edges have, and I wish it mattered more (favoring the person who isn't cornered a bit more) in 3D FGs.

On an infinite stage, gaining ground means nothing. The tug-of-war and slippery slope feeling is lost, and the match feels without direction or energy. Like a gas in a container compared to a uncontained gas. The particles hit each other and bounce off walls, exerting pressure and having high energy. In an open, infinite world, gas particles would maybe only hit each other a few times and then spread out into the emptiness.

That's what happens during my Tekken matches anyway.

The whole idea of an infinite flat battleground just seems grotesque and not believable to me. Idk, for some reason an excessively large stage would feel better in my mind, even though it would have almost the same effect on play.

tl;dr I don't like infinite stages because entropy lolscience

i like the stages. their new look just goes along with the characters' new looks. it'd be stupid to keep the stages looking the same style as SC4 while updating the apperences of the characters. although i hope that the moonlit stage is the only infinite one.

No one actually worshiped the greek gods in the 16th century but the Calibur team never cared. So I say put it in, nobody cares.

I know this is quite speculative, but if Sophitia happens to be the new host for Soul Edge, wouldn't it make sense for Soul Edge to be using a Greek area as a base, if it's possessing a Greek character? Kind of like what happened with Sieg and Ostrheinsburg? That theoretically could be a good reason to include a Greek stage like the Zeus temple…

a stage shaped like a "J" like SC2's cass and sophie's stage always intrigued me due to the asymmetry. If both lengthwise edges were actually unwalled, it would be interesting to see if Ivy can shoot her whip across a open gap

Whether you think Dead or Alive is a good game or not, there is one thing almost everyone will agree on... That DOA's Multi-Tier stages are awesome.

The ability to knock your opponent to a lower Level and then follow them is just flat out sweet. And this is something that DOA games have had since the days of Dreamcast! Isn't time to see some Multi-tier stages in SC. But maybe with a cool SC approach!?

Imagine if you will, that every Character would have a cool animation for following their opponent (that they just knocked down) and continue the fight.

Ivy - could use her whip to attach to something and swing down.

Yoshi - Can use his "helicopter" flight to fly down

Taki - can do a sweet ninja jump down or maybe even Grab her enemies in mid air and land on them (like her grab)

Setsuka - Can float down )mary poppins style) LOL

You get the idea... :)

If you are no familiar with what I'm talking about, Look down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJz8ljXRaGk

Superstages. It would be fun to kick someone ALL the way around the Eurydice Shrine.

That and the full Money Pit.

Like they bring in a super team battle. You could do that for hours.

Lets see

Talim would trip down. Amy would do a vampire leap that cracks the ground she was previously standing on. And Tira would grind on the ring blade she's using.

Yup I'm in.

Superstages. It would be fun to kick someone ALL the way around the Eurydice Shrine.

That and the full Money Pit.

Like they bring in a super team battle. You could do that for hours.

Lets see

Talim would trip down. Amy would do a vampire leap that cracks the ground she was previously standing on. And Tira would grind on the ring blade she's using.

Yup I'm in.

Yeaaaah!! That's what I'm talking about! Raph can teleport or float down Vampire style!

Personally, I wouldn't want this. This kind of fluff would break the flow of the battle (we will already have ex moves and supers to do that). Even in DOA this effect lost its novelty pretty quickly. If they need to make bigger stages, they should make the stages... well... bigger, without resorting this sort of gimmick and let the ring outs be ring outs.

But I'm not a game designer and not part of the Project Soul so they can put in their game whatever they please.

Edit: I'm all for expanding stages by breaking down the walls etc. (like seen in SC4) but NOT if it means that we would have to see some "cutscene", even if it's just 1 or 2 seconds long.

Back