Official Soulcalibur V 1.03 Patch Notes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Admin
The last patch, was just under a month ago and it already looks like we're getting another one this week! From talking with Namco Bandai, I was under the impression that the 1.02 patch added a few "network bugs" into the mix, and since Project Soul spent so much time bringing us the best online netcode ever, they were naturally upset about this.

Well it seems, in addition to fixing the new network issues, Namco has also included a list of various other fixes and balance changes. Be warned though, the patch notes I have been supplied with were completely in Japanese; so I'm doing my best to translate them.

Battle System Adjustments
  • 特定のタイミングでヴィオラ、ツヴァイの攻撃が相手からのダメージを無効化できていた現象について対処しました。
  • Attack phenomenon was addressed where Viola and Z.W.E.I. could reset the damage scaler.
Algol
  • 66A+B: 2段目の空中ヒット時に相手に与える効果を変更し、浮かせ状態の高さを低くしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Reduced the height of the launch state on the second hit.
Astaroth
  • 236236A+B+K(アギュル・セステムス): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Ivy
  • 236236A+B+K(流転せよ、奇なる運命): 前回の修正に加え、特殊なしゃがみ操作によっても回避される現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Fixed a glitch where the opponent could 1-frame duck the command throw in certain states (such as back-turn)
Leixia
  • クリティカルエッジ: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Reduced the hit stun time on Leixia's critical edge so that she can no longer combo from it. (This probably prevents here from doing a critical edge into critical edge)
Mitsurugi
  • 236B(差踏岩戸割): 特定の条件で、通常の236Bと同等の攻撃発生で出せた現象について対処しました。
  • :2::3::6::B: - Glitch fixed... although I have no idea what that was.
Viola
  • オーブ設置時6B+K: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :6::B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
  • クリティカルエッジ: ガード時に相手に与える効果を変更し、強制立ち状態にならないようにしました。
  • :2::3::6::A+B+K: - Changed the affect of a guarding opponent so that they are no longer forced to a standing position out of crouch.
Z.W.E.I.
  • 66A+B: 技自体の硬直時間を増やしました。
  • :6::6::A+B: - Recovery time of the move has been increased. Reduced the length of block stun for the opponent.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I read "new patch" and got a little bit of hope. Then I saw the only leixia change was a nerf. Fuck Namco. And Zwei. Lol. More buffing for Asta's ridiculous CE. Destroying the only situational opportunity to escape from it. WAY 2 GO GUYS~!!

huh what?
who in their right mind thinks raph or zwei is good?
Neither of them were ever good at any point in the games lifespan....why don't you learn to play? Im sure eating all those raph prep BB BB BB BB online makes him good but seriously...what?

Oh BTW the first patch was a godsend. you are just a moron =/
Raph is terrible. Zwei is not that bad if u use him right but he does take some work and execution. I never said Raph was good u idiot LOL! The last patch was a godsend? I truly am gettin trolled holy shit!

Oh my god. I just visited SRK and they're being way more rational about the changes their than here. The End really is coming...
thats not ok :S talks really bad about the community here and actually lately I have seen so many complains. Complains about almost everything! Namco throws a great show and tournament and instead of thanks I read complains, thats gonna kill the community at some point.

thats not ok :S talks really bad about the community here and actually lately I have seen so many complains. Complains about almost everything! Namco throws a great show and tournament and instead of thanks I read complains, thats gonna kill the community at some point.
its kinda sad actually smh.

Raph is terrible. Zwei is not that bad if u use him right but he does take some work and execution. I never said Raph was good u idiot LOL! The last patch was a godsend? I truly am gettin trolled holy shit!
I kinda have to agree here. ZWEI is weak but he has some really good tools, anyone that watched Toilet playing him should know that, on the other hand, Raph has nothing not even the best pokes, just a decent poke game and besides that, nothing, he is total trash in this game.

236B godlike at punishing moves made safe by range.
BB solid poke
2A is good
3B is a reasonable punisher for its mixups
44B still works
4B + meter = owwies and booboos

Honestly, what is with the tradition of Raphael being utterly worthless?
He's not really tournament viable, fair enough, I agree. But you can still make people work for their wins. I can't think of a single matchup he has no hope in, its just mostly uphill battles. (Voldo in BT is hell, I will admit though) =/

Long story short, quit hatin' on sexy vampire man! =P

236B godlike at punishing moves made safe by range.
BB solid poke
2A is good
3B is a reasonable punisher for its mixups
44B still works
4B + meter = owwies and booboos

Honestly, what is with the tradition of Raphael being utterly worthless?
He's not really tournament viable, fair enough, I agree. But you can still make people work for their wins. I can't think of a single matchup he has no hope in, its just mostly uphill battles. (Voldo in BT is hell, I will admit though) =/

Long story short, quit hatin' on sexy vampire man! =P
wanna try raphael vs any greek?

wanna try raphael vs any greek?
I don't remember safety ever being a massive issue for Raph and you can play a lame zoning game against both the vanillas but I feel its at least possible to win vs a and O. Alpha is probably a 7-3, which is still winnable.

I'll give it a shot in next tournament casuals. You doomsayers need to spend more time practicing and less time moaning. =P

Syn, don't be an idiot, I love Raph, was my second main in SC3 and 4, but that does not take the fact that he is trash now:

236B easily stepable
BB agree
2A agree
3B really bad punisher, almost no reward
44B agree
4B + meter = easily easily EASILY stepable...not a good move.

And those are 3 moves for a whole character, ain't that trash?

236B - PUNISHER ie won't be stepped when used to punish.
3B - Gives some (granted not much) damage and mixup oppertunity - not to mention its range.
4B - use it to kill high's and throws, ie. as part of active defence, don't rush down with it, lol.

His tools are flawed and limited, but he still has tools. I'm not suggesting for one second he's tournament competitive. But he can be played man.

236B - PUNISHER ie won't be stepped when used to punish.
3B - Gives some (granted not much) damage and mixup oppertunity - not to mention its range.
4B - use it to kill high's and throws, ie. as part of active defence, don't rush down with it, lol.

His tools are flawed and limited, but he still has tools.
nah...

I want to believe, but nah...

236 B is at most, a decent regular punisher
3B no, it has very low reward, is way below almost the whole cast tools
4B lol

Then again, he has nothing, but if you are gonna mention a good tool then this: 33KBBE CE great damage, kills stepping, can be use as a tech trap :D

When I use Raph besides BB and 2A is like the only decent tool in his arsenal.

236B ? i20 40 damage? yeah thats a pretty shit whiff punisher.......just use 66B...for more (still subpar)

3B prep BB is 28 damage and 0 on hit thats fucking bad

4B is fucking garbage im against using slow linear highs just by principle

BB is like his only "solid" tool

The Mitsu thing can be seen in this video (the final combo):
http://8wayrun.com/media/scv-mitsurugi-mst-ducking-low-property.3860/

I already tought it could be removed. The damage is to high and it has guaranteed combo with CE (two times, if you have 2 bars). No surprise.

Well, I don´t know why the changes on Leixia CE. Mitsu´s CE can connect with another one (and it has RO and Wall hit properties). CE of Cervantes works with another one too. Look, I´m completely impartial here (since I play with Mitsu and Cervantes and don´t play with Leixia lol). I think this change was completely unnecessary on her.

I think buffs are more necessary than nerfs, especially when the move is not abusive or not so frequent. I think they made a mistake on Leixia (again).

236B ? i20 40 damage? yeah thats a pretty shit whiff punisher.......just use 66B...for more (still subpar)

3B prep BB is 28 damage and 0 on hit thats fucking bad

4B is fucking garbage im against using slow linear highs just by principle

BB is like his only "solid" tool

I agree Raph is low tier but 3B prep BB is 0 on hit only if you dont go again into PREP ... yeah prep suck but +10 on prep is not garbage, but still (very) risky.
The real good thing about 3B is how consistent it can be at punishing stuff from afar.

4B is like his best throw punisher no ? It's quite useful I think. It's also good to kill high in strings.

The fact Hilde isn't mentioned anywhere here and we all know that C2B g C2B is most certainly unintended, I'm inclined to think that this isn't a full list.

it worked on pyrrah pre patch. i used it to punish her 3B all the time with 6A+B4 PO A:6. there would be times where it would whiff but that was mainly because of a max range blocked 3B and PO A not having the range. i'm fine with that as it makes sense that you're out of range in that scenario and you have to adjust accordingly

the real issue is against the characters where you are point blank range 0 and it whiffs in that scenario, which they didnt fix.

Not when i tried it at MLG... ver. 01

Status
Not open for further replies.

Live streams

40 Viewers
Barry_Burtton
Barry_Burtton
[ESP +18] Miercoles de toñas fight (!speak para hablar)
0 Viewers
jeythecupid
jeythecupid
Character Creation Fights✔️✨

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member