[Ohio] Class is now in session

So I talked to Jesse about having a SC5 tournament on July 26th at AL, & everything is good to go for it.

The tournament will be standard format as usual:
> double elimination
>70%, 20%, & 10% pot split for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places respectively
> played on the PS3 console & Asus monitors, or monitors/tvs of equal caliber
> no custom characters
> no Viola Back Throw Infinite
> 3 out of 5 rounds per match
> all sets will be best of 3 out of 5 matches for the whole tournament

In terms of the important details:
> venue fee will be $10
> entry fee for SC5 tournament will be $10
> tournament will start at 2 pm EST
> tournament will be held inside of Arcade Legacy

I'll talk to Jesse to get this tournament streamed as well. Since there is no other tournaments for other games that day (exclusively SC5 only), I don't think it'll be an issue to have Jesse stream it, but I'll check with him to make sure that it is good to go on that front.

Jesse will be there to help with organizing the money & getting the bracket made for the tournament, & I'll be the one to run the bracket for the tournament. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask me & I'll be more than happy to help with any info or answers for those questions.

Since SC5 will be the only game to be played for this tournament, I was thinking we can do a SC5 team tournament as well for fun. Let me know what guys think of that, along with any ideas or suggestions for the tournament as well.

I will make an official tournament event thread for this sometime during the weekend. If anyone would like to help in terms of donating systems, monitors, or copies of SC5 for us to borrow for the tournament, it'd be greatly appreciated.
The team battle sounds a lot of fun! We should definitely do that.

The Team Tournament should be pretty hype as well Ryan. We'll decide what kind of Team Tournament & format we'll do for that on the actual day of the tournament since it'll be based off of attendance & all that goodness.

I am going to go & make a thread for this tournament in just a bit Trent. This needs to be done anyway, I was just slacking on that part. Lol.

I haven't played on a CRT in ages. Lol. I'm used to playing on my Asus montior, as well as Asus monitors that are at tournaments, so I haven't really seen or played fighting games on a CRT in a bit.

There shouldn't be any need for the flat screen since we'll have access to Asus monitors at the arcade. I'll be bringing my setup as well to add to the setups. We should be alright, but definitely thank you for the consideration.

I haven't played on a CRT in ages. Lol. I'm used to playing on my Asus montior, as well as Asus monitors that are at tournaments, so I haven't really seen or played fighting games on a CRT in a bit.

There shouldn't be any need for the flat screen since we'll have access to Asus monitors at the arcade. I'll be bringing my setup as well to add to the setups. We should be alright, but definitely thank you for the consideration.

I've had the same old CRT since like... Man, '96? It's like a part of me now.

Haha. I feel ya there Fukou. Before I got my Asus monitor, I ALWAYS played on my CRT. I literally lugged that son of a bitch around to fighting game sessions/tournaments all the time. It makes things a whole lot easier for me to do that shit now with that lightweight monitor. Lol.

Awesome times at Soul Legacy everyone. It was great seeing everyone there, chilling with all you guys, & getting some great SC5 matches in. Big thanks to everyone that helped run the event, came out to support the event, & those that watched the event on stream.

I'll post up the results for the tournament soon in the Tournament Aftermath part of 8wayrun here in just a bit.

Yes! No more Chie! No more Marie!

Thank tha lord!

The best news is that it's for PS3 too, which means I STILL have no reason to buy a PS4 haha

I'm sure they'll find a way to shoehorn Marie in it somehow, though.
Yes! No more Chie! No more Marie!

Thank tha lord!

The best news is that it's for PS3 too, which means I STILL have no reason to buy a PS4 haha

I'm sure they'll find a way to shoehorn Marie in it somehow, though.
I can really feel that this next title will be darker, well...better than retro-color Persona 4. I noticed a little something subtle within the trailer, too. At around 0:39, if you look at the right-most big screen in the background, you will notice some zoom-ins of 3 character faces. I have a strong feeling that those might be the "critical" character close-ups in battle. Might be ATLUS' way of giving us a few more hints.

P5Logo.jpg

Interesting logo. Doesn't it look kinda of NASCAR-ish?

Persona 5 MC.png
New silent protagonist. Digging the brow eyeglasses. XD
Judging by the uniform, he probably goes to a strict school, which I think could imply the "shackling" theme of P5. It was hard to make out the name of the school he goes to, but I think it said "Shujin High School". Shūjin (囚人) means "prisoner". Oh, ATLUS, you guys set up it so perfectly.

Epic close-up to end this post:
Persona 5 MC (close-up).png

Back