Overall Best Siegfried's move

Stryker

[10] Knight
What's up Siegfried's users (and Siegf's haters too); this is something that my opponents complaint a lot, about certain moves that are really good and they always say: That's the best Siegfried's move!; I don't know if something like this also happen to you, but in my case I heard this a lot of times, cause I use to abuse of some of this moves. I will put here in order:

1.- WR AA: For me the best move Siegfried have. Fast, reliable, cancel_able, damager, and with the best risk-reward results.
2.- WR B:This move is something that I use a lot; against the most of characters is almost impossible to punish without the possibility to get hit by SCH K.
3.- 3B:Good risk_reward options; fast; damager; is the key move on the siegf's move list. Some players just spam this move till get knocked down; sometimes we can get a miracle RO using it.

Its hard to figure out that the best moves in a lot of characters move_list are totally safe, and Siegfried have to face the chance to get punish every time we try to do a comeback.

-Stryker-

PD: In 4th place is the SRSH B_K and in 5th place 22_88kA series.

WR AA blocked = free algol 120+ dmg combo

I think his B6 is pretty good
That's why Algol is banned... B6 is a good move but it doesn't have any reliable advantage... its just a good poke move to keep the enemies far and punish crouched enemies without risking the health bar, but its not a combo starter and neither a RO move or stun move, I mean the list of the best moves for me are the moves really useful for comeback purposes or to do great damage... maybe we can do another list with the best poke moves for Siegfried. Example: B6, 3K, 1K, 6A, SCH K.

Bubbles its possible to cancel the WR aa on non CH and be blocking in time to cop no damage in almost every case, Although its unsafe WRaa is very good and I agree with Stryker. In Fact Engared was saying last night that im one of the only seigs he sees use it frequently. That said we shall see if it works at Cannes :).

My Fav moves:

3b: I know its Cliche to have this on a seig list but its a part of the SBH k tech trap, its wall splat on normal or CH leads to many comboes/traps and on ch it leads to a 65dmg combo. On block its unsafe against good players but if you dont SCHk you wont get hurt that much.

agA: Do I have to justify?

b6: very good range i16 and most importantly SAFE. After it hits at tip range and at +2 seig can do almost anything. 4k, 3a, agA or another b6 are usually my options. 4k since most i14< moves are highs.

A+K:A: i15 is a very good punisher if you can get the timing down. Not necessarily my fav move but Under rated IMO

22_88: on block you can SSHk or 2_8B+K evade. Also the combo's can hurt ALOT aswell. Just ask Sacharja about 22

6a is actually quiet good, comes out Quicker than agA and Rings out to the right Very far on ch. Unsafe though especially if its 6[a]

Mi favorite "spam" move is 22; if the opponent try to attack SSH K can hit on CH and get the stun; if the opponent try to scape SSH AA can make my point; if the opponent keep blocked low waiting for SSA_K then I do SSH B; sometimes I do SSH A+B when I can't anticipate the next counter move...

A good move when the opponent is flashing red: B4... the opponent in this case try desperately to repel/parry the move, but with ugly results... its no good to try to do GI while inside the "pressure vortex". And talking about Vortex, nice sign you have: "Wanna hear a funny joke? Playing safe with Siegfried"... really funny.

-Stryker-

Lets not forget that SSH is a much safer Stance than SRSH.

SSH is neutral on hit making SBH k a Kinda frame trap against people who don't know seig well. So if they turtle up I usually go into another stance or even go for SSH again then SBH k.

SSH [a] or aa you have to predict to punish correctly. if they think it will be SSH [a] and you do aa the 2nd A is a ch for a Knockdown and a surprising amount of damage. If they predict SSH aa they generally wont counter the SRSH in time.

SSH k is -13 the only always unsafe move is SSH A+B at -20

All that being said good players who Know seig well will find ways around my above pressure strategies but its all doable from 22.

Ever think about doing SSH A+B out of the open? It tricks allot of people.

Lately i've been playing characters and people who know how to punish 22 even SSH K will not connect. So I'm using neutral-fried allot.

Also I believe an over-looked move is 22A. It's like invisible since the sword goes behind Siegfried, and its not that bad. Not that its the perfect move or anything.

Overall, i don't really think siggy has one particular best move, but there are some real good ones if u know wat ur doing.

2_8BK SCH B is one of my favorite vertical punishers, especially the big ones.

agA is a great move, especially if u know how to use it. use it often, even if u dont follow up.

1K is a fairly good counter, but u gotta try to predict what ur opponent will do next, if they're fast enuf, they'll see a WR comin.

WR AA is great against even moderately punishable opponents. more often then not though, cancel the second hit unless u want a WR in ur face.

4K is awesome for ducking the grab happy, and for knockdowns.

66K should be on this list too, as it provides a fairly good check/mixup, even if it is punishable.

6K is one of the best counter moves, but u srsly need to know when and how to use it, or u'll be punished.

B6 and B4 can really trick ur opponent up if they get too used to ur attacks on the same timing. B4 crushes well.

3B is great for stopping ur opponent's movement, and although punishable, can also work as a fakeout.

22 is a staple, although punishable, leads to alot of options.

88 works great on a turtle.

1B is great, but requires timing to use, works good for a stance roullete fakeout sometimes tho.

66b and SRSH AB are staples for knocking ur opponent back, they do decent damage with a dodge, and although punishable, u can nail unsuspecting opponents with a WR after. Ok SG damage too...

SSH AB is great for opponents who like to move around alot.

SSH K is awesome for heavy damage SHAKABLE stun combos.

11_77 can be a dangerous weapon if u time it to duck highs

A+K A and a+kA are good for not only limited punishment, but can begin a stance roulette if u keep ur opponent in check.

Some of u guys have real good points, but i srsly have to disagree With this: 3 is a terrible move. although it works really well most of the time, it will get nailed 99% of the time by the pros(i h8 Xianguah's AAB)or sidestepped. im not saying don't use it, but this 1 shouldn't be a habit unless u mix it in with something, or u know wat ur opponent will do next. but the CH is very valuble i'll admit. i suppose it would work better if u mix in a+k[A]. but without it, we need to find other ways to compensate for lack of 3B.

6A is not only duckable, but unsafe. wouldn't use it unless u know wat ur doing.

SSH B ~ SBH K is really too overused. ppl will usually just GI it or counter the SBH K with a faster attack. if it's mixed up with SBH [K], SBH B, SSH, and SCH, it can proove at least a litle more valuble.

2KKKKK is kinda worthless unless u hit on a counter, and the move's start up is fairly obvious.

And i will say this: A+B and A+BA are USELESS unless ur opponent just lies there on the ground.

lol sorry if i ended up discussing techniques instead, but i felt there was alot to be said here, someone had to say it. And i really had to get the word out about the serious flaws in 3B.

YaY! 1st post!

88 works great on a turtle? how do you figure? I mean on block you could 8B+K out of a followup but 1k for most characters in this situation will beat our either that or anything from SRSH.

2kkkk has a use after 1b W!.

6a ROs Very far to seigs right side and is i15 so can be used as a punisher.

SSH ~ SBH k being GIed gives you a mixup window to use SBH b. An opponent who knows what he or she is doing will block the SBH k and punish because its -21. Or even interrupt between SSH and SBH k as it requires a i15 mid thats not horizontal otherwise it will be auto GI'd.

Yah 3 is a high risk reward move, more so against some characters than others, Zas for example cant punish it too hard but X, Amy or Cass could kill you. According to Jink im a 2 star player because I over use 3.

Anyways welcome to 8wayrun even if you are a little late to the party

well the reason i said 88 works on turtles, most other people will counter it, is because if u 88, they wont realise that they could've punished u until after a SRSH attack(in this case i usually preffer B) and they will begin an attack usually at the same time you hit them, especially if u got their SG on the ropes. more of a pressure move than anything, i'd say.

hmm...i never thought about using 2kkkkk after 1b. i'll have to try that...thanks for telling me.

6A does ring out well, but unless it's used in the right situation, it will still get u into trouble. not to say that u wouldn't have found trouble anyways. it just depends on how u play. (yea, im saying that i can actualy rarely use this move properly! XD)

SSH B SBH in my opinion, should be used in the same way as SRSH A, a last resort mixup, because it is so easily punished...but maybe thats taking things a little too far?

I too, am guilty for being heavy on 3. tryin to find moves to replace it, like more agA, or 66K, or something. but its a hard habit to break once u start. siggy can counter this 1 with 6K if he can react fast enough.

lol im glad to be here, thanx. maybe later than most, but here none the less rite?

Slayer with theory on 8wayrun the general assumption is that your opponent knows your character as well as you do. So the assumption is that if a 88 is blocked its going to get punished appropriately. You cannot build up your skill and character ti play at a high level if your assumption is that your opponent doesn't know what he or she is doing.

SRSH A at last check is regarded as one of seigs worst moves in SC4 and at Tip range neither 66b or SRSh A+B are very punishable at all.

if your looking for a replacement for 3b for a move to throw out when your unsure against most characters WR os golden. They need a i11 move to be able to beat out the SCH k so you can so something like wr G ~ A_B+G or even go into SRSH for more mixups if your opponent gets into the habbit of turtling up.

Fuck im glad someone is back on these threads showing interest. Im the only seig in my area so I never get to discuss his strats with anyone.

Yah 3 is a high risk reward move, more so against some characters than others, Zas for example cant punish it too hard but X, Amy or Cass could kill you. According to Jink im a 2 star player because I over use 3.

LOL, you are definitely NOT a 2 star player. You are good buddy, and 3B is no useless move. Opponents whom eat a lot of 3Bs is because they don't respect Siegfried or/and they stupid enough to not acknowledge the danger 3B posses to them. In other words, 3B is good against recklessness, and if your opponent learns not to smash near Siegfried, it gives Siegfried more room for whatever.

Now, if your opponent starts blocking against 3B and properly punishes you, is good to change and catch them in their own lure.

I'm completely off from fighting gaming, I got no console... :(

Yo Jink ive been using 11_77 a bit it has its uses. On NH its +9 so you can cancel stance and grab if your opponent is used to turtling up and also I get a surprising amount of CH. Its like if your stepping into the background you can get a feel for when your opponents going to attack you and BOOM they eat a 70 dmg combo

3B > I usually use this for punish. well sometime I throw it randomly but it's a good move for sieg anyway
4K > anti high mid kick
B6 > fast long range mid poke
B4 > I like using this to lock the opponent for set up lol. usually I use the fastest B4. I rarely use the JF one
WR B > I like use this a lot againts some character XP
3K > I throw this move a lot lol
2A > when your opponent's Life is running low. this would be a GREAT move as an match ender LOL.

@ endnow
I used to use 11_77 a lot for my 8WR move
but i realized it's not good to use it too much

now I often use 88_22
side walking when you think your enemy is going to attack
they'll whiff
you'll get a free 88_22 lol

I'm completely off from fighting gaming, I got no console... :(

hey Jink it's been a while :p
lol what happened to your PS3 Jink ?

Back