Overall Best Siegfried's move

Im suprised no one is talking about 22K: A :2A. A low that gives +7 or 8, and is safe on block (well Ive never been punnished.).

But why do 22K A 2A A if it's so easy to block. Even if it is safe why do it if its pointless? Mixups in that move however are nice 22K A -> 3 because of the anticipated block on 2A.

OWA alot of very good players cant see A+K:A:2a everytime. I saw Saitoh fall for it repeatedly of DTN in a match last year sp yes indeedy its a good mixup and move to use. Coarse I can never get the damn move out so I just spam agA too much :|. yo Jink and OWA why do you like 2a so much? I much prefer 1k because on ch it gives advantage unlike 2a which alway hands advantage over to your opponent.

Hey in life whenever I think of risky with high benifit i think SRSH. Approach a hottie its SRSH, drink driving is SRSH, taking unlabeled drugs is SRSH, sleeping at Engareds house is SRSH.

Endnow, 2A has "Ghost-range". 2A tends to hit farther than b6 sometimes depending on what your opponent do. When characters move or take action, their collision hit boxes gets bigger even when back walking -or specially when back walking-. I use 2A most often to finish traps strings, like; tip range agA(Grded) ~ b6(CounterHits) ~ 2A(Hits), after that I hold Grd to check my opponent's reaction to this.

Most people -even good player- tends to stand still, so I just do another 2A(Hits). 2A used wisely can be a great poking tool. When my opponents tends to attack after getting hit by 2A at different ranges: If tip hit, I can step back by tapping 4 then 4B+K to get longer backstep with punish-to-ready mix up opportunities, after my opponents whiffed their attacks. If close hit, I just Grd and use their Grd disadvantage against them.

Most quick attacks in SC4 doesn't give positive frames post Grd, and it become easier for Siegfried to interrupt with 4K_66K_6K. Of course, when Grding, keep smashing A or B to counter guess throws attempts from opponents. If my opponent starts to use Lows after I hit them with 2A, then that answer can answered with 44B_8B_9K, remember that using TJs is safer than LowGrding at most "VS-Lows/Mids MixUp" situations.

2A works, it is definitely a useful tool, even if its frames don't say it. For me, is about going beyond the frames, knowing the rules is fundamental for combat efficiency, but if one plays "by the book" -all the time- then one shall be defeated "by the book".

Another example of this: I use 2A(TipHits) against an opponent who knows about 2A's frame disadvantage, so he/she will try to interrupt me stuff that can be used according to my disadvantage's length, depending on the character, this move might a step-able mid, or a crouch-able high, or just too short to hit me if I back-step and punish them, if my opponent is smart, he/she might try stop me from doing any of these with a more range covering move, which in most cases tends to be a SLOW move, my answer to this is a fast poke like; WSK_6K, or a TC like 4K. Luring my opponent to do slower moves is the same as regain the lost advantage, but better, because of the forced MixUp on them.

But in order for all this to work, one must always PAY EXTRA ATTENTION to the opponent; their actions and reactions to and against stuff. When I play, I don't show all my cards at the first row. Saving great strategies for their right time, is wise -IMO-. No matter how menacing I can be, I always adjust to my opponent's level. Not for pity, but for my safety, one never knows for sure who might at the other side of the screen, or whom might keep their own cool better at a live-action tournament. Never, give yourself away, you might be on the scope.

Siegfried has too many good moves to mention IMO

on the note of the phantom rane that jink was talking about. I think sieg's K is darn good. Its actually pretty far. and quick.

yeah and if its - on hit... it can be compensated if there is good range. But then you gotta know how to play with space. SC is not a constant, in-the-face brawl.

Oh and i really like SSAH A+B.

Jink I see your point with 2a that when your at -4 or -2 frames and crouching there are no absolutes however its still you at the disadvantage. I think its usable at a range where 1k wont hit especially considering if your already at tip range stepping back after landing 2a would evade most moves your opponent can throw out (4B+K can also be used here). But since 1k can give +2 then WRk can be a frametrap against most characters. Id say the best siegs would probs make use of both moves.

hey im starting to understand his stance switching for evasion better and trying to develop strats for it but what i've been doing lately that has me astonished is after any blocked move or combo ( thats them blocking my move ) i just push B+K and he auto parrys the opponents quick counter move everytime for a free K or B.... im liking this.... hmm im gonna try to see if B+K after 3(B) works against 3(B) punishers

I'm pretty partial to a B:4
Yes it's slow, not paticularly safe & steppable, but it's excellent for maintaining pressure, has good SG damage & excellent range.
I find it's pretty underrated nowadays.

Yes it's slow, not paticularly safe & steppable, but it's excellent for maintaining pressure, has good SG damage & excellent range.
B4 can come out faster -noticeably- by inputting at latest timing.
Like:
b4 = Just shine but slow at impact
B.....4 = Fastest impact but even advantage that with range IS & remains as advantage for Sig, but watch out against rangers like him.

b4 and b:4 is particularily good on wake up if ur opponent is in a corner or another position where they are forced to block it. It is also decent at times if u keep good pressure with tip range 66A, as it can make ur opponent hesitate to step b4 and u can just run up to em & bam. tip range for b4(not b:4, b:4 is good + so it cant really be retaliated)is also nice as it prevents retaliation from some of the faster characters since b4 is neutral on guard(this is also y doing latest input is optimal, because u gain nothing from any slower input other than b:4).

aside from this, b4 can also be used well in combo's.

Back