Patroklos General Chat

The other day, I was playing a Pyrrha online.

He walked backwards once or twice, and when I ran in (and whiffed) he 44B'd me.

Patroklos has the same move... I don't know if this would actually be effective, though. ('cause I play pretty stupid. ._.)

6BBB.

The last part, from the high to the mid, is hit-confirmable.

If it were all hit-confirmable it would be BAAAALLS OUT!!! but no.

This'll take some training, you have to be careful not to delay 6B-B instead by mistake, which is not hit-confirmable at all.

Maybe it will be watching for a blue bar ("counter" battle message) showing up in your peripheral vision, I dunno.

Critical Edge has a very big ring out range. I can't show you a picture or measure it, but here's what you can do:

Go into Practice, select a stage that has markings on the floor. Note the start position.

Walk up and hit the CE. Now backstep to the start position. Wow!!!

If you're remotely close to the ring edge you need to be thinking about using CE.

Landing 3B, CE adds even more range.

Pat's raw CE is ridiculous. Punishing Oprah's 236B on block...the range is retarded. I knew I made a good choice when I decided to main him lol. Ive rarely seen a character in a FG that can make you so afraid to hit a button like he can.

Finally started seeing 66B/66Ba+b+k/66B4 with Natsu with some consistency. Punishing 66Ba+b+ks with iWS A+B, and 66Bing her in the face whenever she cancels into the PO backdash(hits her regardless of what she does) is great. I think this may apply to all of her moves in which she can PO backdash. I feel our boy is one of the chars that can handle her without much trouble.

It's good in certain situations and as a surprise move. But he does have safer things to throw out that accomplish a lot of the same tasks as 236ab.

Howcome when I do the 66B 66B+K 236B$ combo, 3B Always whiffs. 0:25

Does anyone know a better or even guaranteed combo ender. -_-

Nothing is guaranteed after 236B BE in combos, only naked. Maybe near the wall it is possible...

You should really be using 66A+B instead regardless. No meter, same damage.

I have a bad habit of finishing with 2B+K. It's techable, but if they lay there they get hit.

Nothing is guaranteed after 236B BE in combos, only naked. Maybe near the wall it is possible...

You should really be using 66A+B instead regardless. No meter, same damage.

I have a bad habit of finishing with 2B+K. It's techable, but if they lay there they get hit.

But sometimes when I launch and do 66A+B, they can AC. Or maybe I'm not timing it right.

"You cheap fuck."

Message I got after defeating my opponent using my Evertranscending Justice Combo + Raw CE. a nice 200 points of damage right there :)

How does Pat control horizontal space? Is 3A good, or am I doing this shit wrong? I use it to tech trap a lot, but is 2A better for that?

How does Pat control horizontal space? Is 3A good, or am I doing this shit wrong? I use it to tech trap a lot, but is 2A better for that?

Yeah 3A is good because of it's range but it's a pretty slow move (i20) so never use it in close combat. 2A is your best option, Its safe and it tracks. Use it on conjunction with his other quick tools like 4K, 6A, AA for poking/pressure mixups. 1K is great too, it's unsafe but its not a lot of people block it on reaction anyway.

Aslo dont forget 2K cause good lord that move range is godly and it has a certain annoyance that makes the opponent want to hit you even more. 1K of course is Patro godsend move if you know you going to hit it.

My first reason was because the dude has a cat on his shoulder.
The second was because I really liked him after playing a few rounds in story mode .

Sophitia was my favorite character in the past games so when SCV came out I was interested in Pat and Pyrrha. After playing with them both, Pat's fighting style and personality really stuck with me. Plus he has a cat on his shoulder.

Back