Patroklos General Chat

BrewtusBibulus

Get your eSports on!
This thread exists simply to keep other threads all business. If you want to talk about anything not gameplay related it goes HERE! I'm gonna kick it off.

Yo that dude has animal faces on his shoulders!

So from the stream, Pat's 22B forces crouching and leads into a quick 3KK combo and an Alexandra flip. Pat's 236A seems to have some good phantom like range and it seems the second hit of Pat's 6BB string has the same properties as 22B does.

"Malfested vermin have no right to live!".

yeah patroklus is so gonna turn to the evil and become malfested himself.

it seems the second hit of Pat's 6BB string has the same properties as 22B does.
Hmm I wonder if the recovery of 6BB is fast enough so that 3KK combos would connect?

As for post 3KK I think I'd go for oki instead of sending them so far away with that "Alexandra flip." I can tell Pat's gonna have beastly oki.

Anyone Pat players going to the launch party want to test evading with his 44A+B unblockable, which backsteps a bit? I was having some success with it at SCR.

HOWUNFORTUNATE.png
Patroklos reaction images are the best.​

Been playing around with Pat a bit, granted not too much compared to say, Leixia or Xiba, but a good bit.

He's a bit sluggish compared to others at SC5's speed. He's not really a character that's string-centric. More or less, he pokes and prods the opponent for openings and then sets up combos afterwards. His main moves are kind of lackluster at the moment and there's not too many moves that lead to things. But connect a few hits and you can press your advantage towards setting up stuns and simple combos. His BEs tend to be more combo filler material than straight up useful.

22B > 3KK > 3B is pretty useful. Inescapable stun on the last hit 6BBB leads to pretty damaging combos (100+) depending on your meter.

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum. Tomorrow americans Will get the game, so i ve got a question to american players: can you test pat punishers? Thank you ^^

Been playing around with Pat a bit, granted not too much compared to say, Leixia or Xiba, but a good bit.

He's a bit sluggish compared to others at SC5's speed. He's not really a character that's string-centric. More or less, he pokes and prods the opponent for openings and then sets up combos afterwards. His main moves are kind of lackluster at the moment and there's not too many moves that lead to things. But connect a few hits and you can press your advantage towards setting up stuns and simple combos. His BEs tend to be more combo filler material than straight up useful.
Not a string-centric character? 6BBB and 3KK can be delayed and they stun on CH. Second hits are high but if you stop the string and they duck or TC, you're fine if you just stop the string and block. Single B and A don't seem too bad either. 236AB is also delayable, I think.

1K and 66B are great pokes, and once you get them to stand still with 3A, 66K, and 236A, you can hurt them bad with 2A+B and 66B/1B mixups. Knock them down as much as possible, they cannot roll anything or else they get hit by endless 1Ks and 3Bs. When they learn and get up immediately, you can get right in their face and force another knockdown mixup.

So been playing for a bit. One thing that really hurts Pat is he can't poke well at range. So the idea is to get in and stay in. Which he does have enough tools to do so with. 1K is ridiculous. Pretty high damage for a low and frame advantage on hit. 1B is also similarly good. It's advantage on block and can combo into various things for decent damage. It's slightly slow so it doesn't frametrap into itself. Up close at frame advantage, people will likely try to step since most of the tools you'll be using to keep the opponent close are steppable. That's when you can use 44A. It's a relatively fast horizontal mid that punishes step well. On CH you can confirm it into 236B or CE fairly easily for a nice chunk of life. I think it's safe too. That said, only use at close range or when the opponent is cornered. It's super short ranged. Don't forget to throw. Pretty much all his throws leave the opponent at his feet for a reason.

I agree. Once he gets in and lands that hit, the match is in his favour. I think his main problem at the moment is getting in on good spacing. For instance, our resident Asta player finally started spacing me, and its a pain to get in. 66A is OKAY, but its startup tends to get you CHed by players who are used to it. Ive had decent success with landing a 66B, and dashing up, getting my damage, then pressuring.

So far ive been employing good ole Alexander CD mixups(2366A/2366B+G, etc) in addition to utilizing his decent ws game. I started mixing up wsA+B, with his 6B after a TC move, since the moves look identical. Its had some success, with me fooling the opp into hitting a button and me getting a CH 6BBB...but I need to know the frames before I can really see how effective the mixup is. Also out of FC, ive been doing FC K, 11K(love that move), and throwing. Throwing is vital to his game imo. As Shen said, it leaves them at his feet, and his okizeme seems pretty strong to me at this point.

So what are peoples early thoughts on his matchups? At initial glance, it seems like Asta/Xiba may give him problems, but that's early speculation though.

Difficult to say. Right now anyone who can run a decent spacing game tends to be pretty annoying to fight. 66A is his primary tool to get in like you said as well as 66B for people who get too happy trying to interrupt it. On block you can use A+B to stuff any mid retaliation attempts and get in. Use 66K at tip as well. It's a ridiculously fast hori mid that will knockdown on hit. Though unsafe. It's difficult to punish at tip.

Patroklos movelist get!

Kind of meaningless since the game is already here, but, hey, it's there, I guess.

One more thing. Getting down the 236:B JF is mandatory. It's ridiculously difficult to whiff punish shit without it. The JF adds a noticeable amount of range to the move. It wouldn't surprise me if it was faster too.

Back