Patroklos Q&A/Discussion Thread

do you guys think 1k is really this great kind of low? i'm starting using 2k instead. i can't manage to use the advantage on hit of 1k in a good way and everytime they block it, i'm getting launched. 2k is less riskier imho

I use both.

It's mostly mental pressure with 1K. He does it standing, it's got a good bit of range, and getting kicked on the ground repeatedly is really humiliating.

If you play with guys who punish the stuff you do, I wouldn't fault you if you didn't use 1K. Best you get is either a frame trap with BB or a step-in mixup if they guard after.

What exactly do those numbers mean? For example, you just said -2, I've heard it thrown out for other moves too.

right, but what does that actually MEAN?
After that move, being -2 means that if you do a move that has got the same speed of the move the opponent is doing, he will be faster and will anticipate you. For example, If you are playin patroclus vs patroclus and you are -2 and you and your opponent decides both to use bb, since it is a 14 frame move for both, he will hit you, because it's like you have thrown a 14fr+2 fr(number of frame on disadvantage)=16 fr move. In fact he can counter you with 6bbb too,altough theorically it's slower than bb on neutral(15fr vs 14fr)

Yeah. Pat is a pure, no-bullshit character. Its one of the reasons he will succeed even after the meta has evolved. He's that character that forces you to outplay him. He doesnt have any glaring weakness that you can exploit, no super solid move he needs that can be punished severely, nor any crutch nonsense we can get exposed for overly relying on.

are there any ways how to confirm 66B+K 66A+B other than off of CH 6BBB? im pretty sure ive seen it before done off of 66B (correct me if im wrong im not sure) and doesnt need a counter hit. also off of 3B what are generally the best options? i usually just go straight into 236B or CE which are both great for ring out, which I noticed CE can get them over almost any high wall, but i just want to make sure there isnt a better option. im not so sure if doing 236B$ is worth the meter but im not i could be wrong since ive only been playing pat for a few days cuz i came to the conclusion that aeon is ass tier and it makes me sad.

66B and CH 6BBB both work. 66B is probably my main method of getting damage. Off 3B I just do 236B. I don't think 236B BE is worth the meter in combos unless you just really want the oki it provides.

Discussing tiers right now is pointless, at least wait untill we have some more tournament data people.

However, to continue the pointless discussion, he isn't an especially safe character, fairly slow, lacking at mid-long range but does have some good mixups and damage. I'd estimate at this stage that version 1.0 Patroklos is high tier, nicely placed inbetween top and mid.
We'll see at Cannes, but he looks reasonably competitive. =/

Been trying to find some uses for this fine looking fellow. I'm not really confident in it in neutral game or pressure (at all(this move is ass)) but it does set up for some weird properties on a wall. Somehow, I can launch twice with 3B by sticking this move in after W! 3B...

Anyway, how practical is this? Forgive me for the notation.

W!3B, W!8A+B, 3B, 236B BE, B+K (~120 damage.)

I get the feeling it isn't optimized. You could probably also do CE instead of 236B BE, but I don't think it does more damage...

The damage is good but I'm having trouble getting the second 3B. I end up on the other side after 8A+B and can't follow up most of the time. If you can get it consistently then go for it, it's definitely more damage than the wall combo I use right now. I'm not gonna use it since I can barely get it once.

The move itself is actually pretty good since it's effectively safe from most of the cast and is a i18 launcher. Relatively easy way to apply guard pressure. On hit you can CE for mediocre damage.

I use it after 66B,66 B+K.It does descent damage, and leaves you able to control the match afterwards. I haven't tested it against the wall to see how it works, but I will do so.

Back