PC vs Consoles

Which platform is home to you?

• Total voters
But Why Would You Wanna Play GTA5, Or Halo Or Uncharted?

Or Even SC5 For That Matter?

They're All Equally Terrible.
GTA V: Will come out on PC in the near future. Enough bitching has brought it to RS' attention. Not to mention GTA IV and SA are for PC.
Halo: A first person shooter you can easily replace with another FPS.
Uncharted: I don't see why people like the game so much, it's so linear it might as well be a movie.
SCV: I'm not commenting on that. Next gaming generation more FGs should be on PC though. The amount of PC gamers is slowly growing.

WHY IS PC GAMING INFERIOR TO CONSOLE?

On a console, if your internet connection goes down for a week, you can still freely play games on your PS3 or Xbox360, offline.

On a gaming PC, if your internet connection goes down, you can't play most games you bought off Steam like Assassin's Creed. It's not a 24 hour sign in DRM restriction, you need an active connection to the internet just to play games on your PC! You need to be CONTINUOUSLY connected to the internet to play games you bought off Steam!

So basically, your superb graphics, your outstanding load times, and RAM won't matter at all if you forgot to pay your internet bill! You'll have an $800 piece of scrap metal, but I guess to do your menial offline computer tasks you could have just bought a $300 laptop and a $400 console for games.

Last edited:
WHY IS PC GAMING INFERIOR TO CONSOLE?

On a console, if your internet connection goes down for a week, you can still freely play games on your PS3 or Xbox360, offline.

On a gaming PC, if your internet connection goes down, you can't play ANY games you bought off Steam like Assassin's Creed. It's not a 24 hour sign in DRM restriction, you need an active connection to the internet just to play games on your PC! You need to be CONTINUOUSLY connected to the internet to play games you bought off Steam!

So basically, your superb graphics, your outstanding load times, and RAM won't matter at all if you forgot to pay your internet bill! You'll have an $800 piece of scrap metal, but I guess to do your menial offline computer tasks you could have just bought a $300 laptop and a $400 console for games.

tumblr_mt5pd0YMkd1s7rdxpo1_500.jpg

On a gaming PC, if your internet connection goes down, you can't play ANY games you bought off Steam like Assassin's Creed. It's not a 24 hour sign in DRM restriction, you need an active connection to the internet just to play games on your PC! You need to be CONTINUOUSLY connected to the internet to play games you bought off Steam!

That isn't true at all. Steam has an offline mode that lets you play your games when you don't have an internet connection.

That isn't true at all. Steam has an offline mode that lets you play your games when you don't have an internet connection.

Steam has an "offline" mode but that's only for a few certain Steam game purchases. Sim City you can't even play offline without an internet connection, Assassin Creed games like AC2 you need a constant internet connection to play. A lot of stand-alone PC games ported from 360 and PS3 games require a constant internet connection just for you to play them offline... (Which is stupid because you're not even playing online..)

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/03...ection-will-not-include-auction-#.UnnA9_llKSo

^ Look at Diablo 3 for example, it required a "constant internet connection for PC", and Blizzard announced you won't need one once it got ported to consoles.

http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/201...internet-connection-requirement-for-pc-games/

^ Even more evidence...

Then PC gamers had to bitch continuously (which they always have to do) and Ubisoft finally allowed future installment AC games to not require a "continuous" internet connection. But you'll still need to sign in once every 24 hours. =P

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/132411/pc_game_piracy_why_bother_with_.php?print=1

Last edited:
clearly there is still no progress here
"PC gaming is great! Who cares about DRM? We only bitched about it endlessly when XboxOne was going to have it... Bah! PC has much better graphics and load speeds than consoles, even if it has much less games, and fighting game communities on PC are basically non-existent! I see the irony that this is a Soul Calibur board discussing how great a platform is that doesn't even allow you to play the game this board is themed after..."

"PC's graphics are amazing! And you can build your own all for the price of a fully assembled, next gen console. But why bother with a console anyways?! Their big online game communities are just full of immature 12 year olds! I'd rather play with badasses on PC! Sure PCs can range up into the $1,200 mark but who cares?! Did I mention how fast the load speeds are on PC? Amazing! Did I mention the load speeds?"

There! Now we can all move on with our lives!! Topic is over... =P

Replace the picture on the left with a blank screen because 20% of PS4 buyers can't even get their console to work! =DDD LOL!!

So glad I'm getting an Xbox One, thank god I made the correct decision despite the mass parade of idiots in the streets saying how "great" the PS4 is, and bashing the XB1.

I call that a "sweet victory" not because I didn't already know the PS4 was over-hyped and sucked, but the fact that the Sony fans did such a great job of ridiculously bashing the Xbox it's almost a crime not to laugh at them now. =]

It's more like 10%, nowhere near as bad as the RRoD was. I wwas fortunate that my first 360 lasted two years before it crapped out. Still, I'm an xbox man and will be picking mine up on Thursday night.

It's more like 10%, nowhere near as bad as the RRoD was. I wwas fortunate that my first 360 lasted two years before it crapped out. Still, I'm an xbox man and will be picking mine up on Thursday night.

Same here I'm getting it day 1!! =D

The red ring of death was not as bad as this, here's why. The RROD only occurred in the early model Xbox360's and they only red ringed about a year or so after purchase. This wasn't a day 1-out-of-the-box issue like the PS4.

The fact that an estimated 20% of all day one PS4's are bricked just casts a veil of irony. People with all these crap cartoon drawings saying "PS4 has won the console war!!" and after E3 "Well now that we know XB1 is a failure, let's celebrate!!" I love it... I love the bricked PS4 consoles!! After reading biased nonsense and Sony troll hype for the last 7 months, I get a well deserved laugh!!! >:3

Last edited:

The fact that an estimated 20% of all day one PS4's are bricked just casts a veil of irony.
Yah...but no, the last number Sony gave was 4%,
And the only bashing to the consoles themselves were made by you, everyone else was bashing DRM.

Also, day one problems always happens, don't expect that all of the Xbox1 will be perfect, because consoles on launch are always risk to be bought.

Yah...but no, the last number Sony gave was 4%,
And the only bashing to the consoles themselves were made by you, everyone else was bashing DRM.

Without actually arguing I'm just going to say this: People were making fun of much more than the DRM, they said the Kinect was useless, Microsoft didn't care about games, only cared about TV, and also said the XB1 was inferior because it has slightly less RAM. So either way, people bashed the XB1 for a lot more than DRM. After E3 the XB1 got a lot more respect because of the exclusives and the Kinect integration with the games. (No longer solely based Kinect games like Kinect Animals 2!)

I never had beef with the PS4, I mean it's a great console, it probably performs great as hell, but I just got tired of the politics. =P

Back