PC vs Consoles

Which platform is home to you?

• Total voters
You missed the best two though.

View attachment 36289
Yeah but they aren't really trying to compete with the PC and as for the Wii U...well.....I think it speaks for itself. Or maybe drools and grunts for itself. If you remember the design they came up with for it-
cad-20130717-fd351.png

Of course not. I've hated the Wii since it was first announced way back when. Having a version with prettier graphics doesn't change that for me.
Not sure what unconditional hatred accomplishes. Hating on a console because it has a couple of shitty games for mass appeal is like hating the Xbox because of the focus on sports or TV. You're missing out on masterpieces like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy -some of the best games I've ever played.

The Wii U is not much like the Wii anyways.

Of course not. I've hated the Wii since it was first announced way back when. Having a version with prettier graphics doesn't change that for me.

Lol I agree 100%! And I love in the GIF with the little Wii-U soldier aiming his gun at himself... xD

Wii-U was doomed from the beginning, I remember being at Walmart once and talked to this women and I said "So the Wii-U just came out!" and she replied "You mean it's different than the Wii...? I thought it was just an add-on touch pad..." Lol, Nintendo marketing at it's best!

Not sure what unconditional hatred accomplishes. Hating on a console because it has a couple of shitty games for mass appeal is like hating the Xbox because of the focus on sports or TV. You're missing out on masterpieces like Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy -some of the best games I've ever played.

The Wii U is not much like the Wii anyways.
Wasn't the games, I couldn't stand the motion controls. Also the thing was just plain weak in terms or performance, I loved my NES, SNES, and N64 (never had a GameCube) and seeing how weak that thing was compared to the other systems of that generation just turned me off of it.

Wasn't the games, I couldn't stand the motion controls. Also the thing was just plain weak in terms or performance, I loved my NES, SNES, and N64 (never had a GameCube) and seeing how weak that thing was compared to the other systems of that generation just turned me off of it.
I see where you're coming from. The way I see it is that the Wii U is this gen's N64: Unique and great games, but weak graphics and lackluster 3rd parties. I'm not sure you've seen the new 3D Mario, or Xenoblade, or Bayonetta, but they all look amazing. I'll buy one this year and get an Xbone or PS4 when more truly next-gen games begin to come out (just KI is not enough).

Also, the Wii U is not motion controlled.

clearly there is still no progress here
There will NEVER be progress with this topic (Unfortunately). PC has better graphics, faster frame rate, etc...
However I'd take console ANYDAY over PC. "Now why on Earth would you do that? With mediocre graphics and the likes?"
I can almost guarantee 99% of you PC guys play your great graphic'd, frame rated, awesome games on bullish*t sized monitors with lame surround sound, while sitting two inches from the screen.
HORRIBLE!

I can almost guarantee 99% of you PC guys play your great graphic'd, frame rated, awesome games on bullish*t sized monitors with lame surround sound, while sitting two inches from the screen.
HORRIBLE!
I've never understood this argument. All the PC gamers I know either combine multiple monitors or hook up their PCs to HDTVs (I do the latter).

I feel like this is just another manifestation of the typical "I don't know anyone like you so I'm just gonna assume y'all do things my way" syndrome, a common root of minority discrimination. It's just like how the social stigma surrounding homosexuality is the result of idiots who've never even met a gay person in their lives trying to educate people about the issue. Similarly, people tend to dislike PC gaming because those who are ignorant on the matter spread bullshit "facts" like the one you just said, creating a stereotype that is far from reality.

What's ironic is that the people who boast about their almighty 50" HDTVs are often the first to bitch about "how expensive" PC gaming can be.

I'm going a bit offtopic here, but for fuck's sake people: stop equating your opinions to your identity. If you're not ready to change your mind, even when vast evidence supporting an opposing view is presented, you will always be wrong.

There will NEVER be progress with this topic (Unfortunately). PC has better graphics, faster frame rate, etc...
However I'd take console ANYDAY over PC. "Now why on Earth would you do that? With mediocre graphics and the likes?"
HORRIBLE!

This statement is basically true. I have 3 friends that are hard core PC gamers and their 1080 monitor screens are no bigger than 22 inches. And of course one of my friends Chris actually lost his internet for 3 days due to a late payment, and he was unable to access most of the 53 games he had purchased off Steam.

But then again, I own 6 consoles and over 210 Xbox 360 game discs + digital purchases. I EASILY have the money to be a "Full Time Gamer PC Nerd" but for conventional purposes, social purposes, and exclusives, I bought a console. You don't know how many times I've been exited out of an online MMORPG because of Java updater? I could go out and buy a $1,600 gaming PC which will probably be the best of anyone's on this board. I won't enjoy the games any more seeing them in "Uber amazing graphics!" and my online multiplayers will have less people.

I have the money to be a hard core PC gamer, I just choose not to.... >:]

It's a pointless discussion. It's like discussing politics and/or religion. Each genre has their fanboys (Guilty when it comes to console use)...
Must give credit to the original author of this thread for pretty much knowing this would happen...lol
...or hook up their PCs to HDTVs (I do the latter)
Haha, even with this stated, I would practically need to see a pic/video of said visual. Still sticking with my 99%'er statement...
Uhhh, congrats on falling into the 1% bracket...
Oh and I love gay people. I got my silly equal sign sh*t on my Facebook and Twitter pages...
Meh, we alllllllll assume nowadays!

ii71df3ai1kcmkwfg.jpg

1vvx8x7vmev5auafg.jpg

71o37a1v6b9h7egfg.jpg

r89xp96z89cavmpfg.jpg

ow20c3cjcqt3weqfg.jpg

ze3sv5i512iibg4fg.jpg

5aanki88apewubufg.jpg

b8qjhtx2elzgj73fg.jpg
PC and Console Gaming in Harmony. Comfortable set up on my bed. Comforter on my bed if I get cold in the harsh Canadian Winter, air conditioner behind the PC if I get hot in the boiling Alberta Summer.

Also on display is my all time favorite game, Diablo1 ;) running on Windows7 64bit (thats a very awesome thing, if you know anything about Diablo1's compatibility issues with 64bit OS's)

PC MASTER RACE!!!

EDIT: also why is the poll missing Commadore64? Kappa

Last edited:
I work on a PC. So I see no point buying ANOTHER machine which I will have hopefully less and less time to play on as my career advances. Sad but true. Consoles are of no use to me anymore.
Mind, if I get a better paygrade I might give a next gen console a shot. But at the moment, I have little desire to spend extra money on it.

Is that a NES or a SNES?

Also, dat Xbox <3
that is a SNES and a NES. its a Retro Duo. i play most of my games on it so as not to damage or wear out my old NES and SNES. theres a few games it cant play, and a few games it doesnt play super well, but the a mjority of the library(gotta be at least 95%) it plays fine. and unlike other NES-on-a-chip and SNES clones, it can actually play games like Castlevania III and Super Mario Legend of the Seven Stars(really awesome RPG). with the NES you can still get that bleh NOAC sound though, but at least you can fix it if you solder a resistor to the board.

also there are no tabs in the cartridge slots, so it can play super famicom games just fine. regular famicom games still require an adapter however.

Cartridges fit snug but not tight. there's no eject button, so you gotta pull the carts out manually. its no problem though - just be gentle and you'll be fine.

However, if you do ever break a Retro Duo, they are very cheap to replace, and there is a ton of em out there (i bought mine for $60, i think they are even cheaper now)

another nice thing is if you have for example, the SNES powerpack, it works on a retroduo. im not certain if the NES powerpack works with the latest retroduo however (that is v3.0) but the retroduo is also the only NES clone that can properly play Castlevania III.

the controllers arent the greatest quality, but they are cheap, easy to find and replace, and at least while you are using them they work very well. also the retroduo does accept genuine SNES controllers as well (which i highly recommend - those things are tanks, and they're just overall a wonderful controller)

and lol i love all of my systems equally Norik...though goddamn i hate standard XBOX and XBOX360 controllers >.< at least the batman controller i got sitting there makes for a good replacement. But lets just say a more traditional stick layout and cross-style dpad design are more suitable for my gaming needs.

also wired controllers FTW!!!! ^-^

Last edited:
Back