Post-MLG / Pre-EVO Ranking Ladder Update!

• Admin
MLG Spring Championships were this past weekend (as well as East Coast Throwdown 4) and the results are in! Congratulations to Keev for taking yet another MLG Championships (and Woahhzz for taking yet another East Coast tournament). With the results in the record books, the ranking ladder has been recalculated to reflect the new standings.

However, doing some research on the rankings, I'm seeing a few "quirks"; I wouldn't say they are "bugs", because the quirks are actually by design. They actually show not only the strengths of certain players, but explain a few "slights" people may believe exist in the current system.

Untitled-1.jpg

The first think you may see is that Keev has rocketted up from fourth to first place. How did he get such a huge jump after only one event? Simple, he has not yet reached the event limit, which right now is 5. Since before MLG, he only had 3 events recorded, he had no other performances to replace; he was going to gain a 100% boost from MLG. In this case, his score went from 2625 to 3625.

The crazy thing is, he is currently ranked #1 with only 4 events recorded! With the current system, the max score a player can achieve is a perfect 5000, if they win 5 majors in a row. Since Keev has only attended 4 majors, his score could be at most 4000. But as you can see, he only has a 3625/4000. Which means not only is he beatable, he has been beaten several times in the past.

So what is this "slight" I am talking about? Well in the system, there is a player who has won every major he has attended; including those that Keev attended. He is the ONLY player in the ladder with a "perfect" score. But he is only ranked 14th... that would be: Omega. Why isn't Omega ranked higher? Because he has only been to two events, the max score he could achieve is 2000; which he has.

Even if Omega comes and destroys the competition at EVO next month, he will only earn a 1000 point boost to his final score bringing him to a perfect 3000. If Omega wins, and Keev manages somehow to get dead last, Keev will still be ranked higher. While this is a "quirk" to the ranking system, it is by design. The ranking system is scaled to prevent score padding by high attendance, but at the same time, it punishes those who don't attend enough events.

Doing some theoretical numbers based on the ladder, unless Keev is unable to make it into top 5 at EVO, it would be impossible for anyone to dethrone him in the current standings. Since he has only attended 4 events, he will gain a 100% boost of the points from EVO. If he gets top 5, there will be no one who can reach his score of 4125+; even if they manage to win.

Below is a chart of player's scores if they win EVO. If each of these players win, these will be their final scores. These are the ONLY players who can possibly dethrone Keev.
  • Age_of_Truth (UK) - 3930
  • Woahhzz (PA, USA) - 4050
  • Hawkeye (IL, USA) - 3875
  • Ramon (NY, USA) - 3785
  • RTD (GA, USA) - 3750
  • LostProvidence (IL, USA) - 3750
Keev's score is currently 3625. Below is a list of his possible scores depending on his results at EVO:
  • 1st - 4625
  • 2nd - 4500
  • 3rd - 4375
  • 4th - 4250
  • 5th - 4125
  • 7th - 4000
Of course, there are based on CURRENT standings. Remember that there are majors between now and EVO... so I can image that the player who wins CEO (which I expect Omega to show up to) will get a significant boost to their score before EVO.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
How its posible that a company takes months to make a payment .... of a tournament.... if they where broke its fine... but we are talking about namco... they just paid some random "chick" money for E3 but cant pay to the PLAYERS THAT BUY THEYR GAMES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

FUCK THAT SHIT.... ppl shouldnt go to their events until they pay everyone...

Sorry, Omega will not show up at any more tournaments, until namco pays him his money, unfortunatly, i dont want to participate in more tournaments, because of this.
Omega, have you voiced your concerns to Namco and Filthierich? Nothing is going to get solved if you just post about it here.

Omega, have you voiced your concerns to Namco and Filthierich? Nothing is going to get solved if you just post about it here.
Man i have done everything, why do you think im posting here?, i dont like this kind of stuff, i dont want trouble for OUR community, the only thing i ve always wanted is this community to grow, but its been 2 months, and nothing.

Namco...Does this happen in the tekken community as well? I'm pretty sure I haven't ever heard or read anything about it. SCV is doing well and you're not paying the players that are showing the world how engaging, and intense this game can be. I may never get the chance to go to a tournament, but I can't even begin to explain how hype I get watching one with friends. I learn so much just from watching better players in general. If you cant pay people in 2 months, (which I can't understand for the life of me considering the money you make from SCV and Tekken alone. Not to mention, Namco's random endeavors: The Dragon Ball series, Dark Souls, The Tales series, even the Armored Core series and Power Rangers.) you shouldn't promise people the money in less than two months. No one can tell me they don't have the money. If it is a paperwork issue, That's even more ridiculous. So, Namco host a tournament without even authorizing the release of the money and other prizes that are supposed to be given out to the winners? That makes it even more of a fail. Whatever the problem may be, it needs to be fixed last year.

Shauno, won an E3 T4 tourney back in the day, waited well over a year to receive his cabinet, but received it.
Chetchetty, won T6 Nationals, waited approx 6 months to receive his $6K plus a cabinet, but received it.
Comic Con last year TTT2 tourney, various winners ranging from $500-$3K, waited approx 4 months, but received it.

Just saying 2 months might not be that long for them, even though they say 4-6 weeks, it's probably more like 4-6 months, but nobody was scammed out of their prizes by Namco thus far. You are in the DR as well so that might be another cause for delay... this is just speculation, i don't have any affiliation with namco.

Shauno, won an E3 T4 tourney back in the day, waited well over a year to receive his cabinet, but received it.
Chetchetty, won T6 Nationals, waited approx 6 months to receive his $6K plus a cabinet, but received it.
Comic Con last year TTT2 tourney, various winners ranging from $500-$3K, waited approx 4 months, but received it.

Just saying 2 months might not be that long for them, even though they say 4-6 weeks, it's probably more like 4-6 months, but nobody was scammed out of their prizes by Namco thus far. You are in the DR as well so that might be another cause for delay... this is just speculation, i don't have any affiliation with namco.
He is in Miami actually.

Sorry for double post...but.............anyways. Omega do you know if Keev or Akire got the payment? if they did I think is time to start some srs flame against namco.

seriously, this shit doesn't need to be in this thread. Or the Southern California thread. Or the CaS threads.

seriously, this shit doesn't need to be in this thread. Or the Southern California thread. Or the CaS threads.
Well this shit is important, if you dont like it dont read it. They fucking with my money not yours, so stay out, and malice im posting here cause, i already done all of that.

Well this shit is important, if you dont like it dont read it.
This shit is important-- but has nothing to do with what is being displayed via topic. If you want your money, stop bitching to us and talk to someone who can help. Otherwise, stop posting.

edit:
Also, you're right- they're fucking with your money, not mine. So why are you making it public to us as if we have your money?

Th
Then dont read it, you have more important stuff to do than be looking at my posts, you have a family so stop wasting time reading my post.
I'll stop reading it when you stop posting your excessive bitching. Deal?

LOL yea money, thats what i need, you have my 7000, if not then keep feeding milk to your baby, instead of paying attention to me, go and keep your woman and your baby warm instead of wasting your time on a cryman like me.
EDIT:
My post was too mean. Anyways, fact remains Norman. No one here has your money, you're technically off topic. So, to avoid doing exactly what you're doing- I have to bow out of this. Good luck getting your money, but you're looking in the wrong places.

Back