Pre-Launch SC5 Maxi vids

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG that video with Maxi vs Lexia was some sexy Maxi playing. So not fair that we have to wait 2 more months to even get our hands on it. Maxi looks a million times better than what he did in SC4 that's for damn sure. Then again thinking back on SC4 Maxi that's not saying much but you guys get the point, lol.

SoCal regionals in Irvine is having SCV as a demo. Ima be there....are you? lol

HRD

Oosaka is a beast! Maxi looks so damn strong in this game. Makes SC4 Maxi look like a fucking joke. Gonna be interesting to see how this Maxi fits in, in comparison to Maxi from other games. So far I think the order in strength is SC1 Maxi>SC3 Maxi>SC2 Maxi>>>>>>>SC4 Maxi.

Great stuff oosaka. It seems like you know Maxi pretty well already, and the game isn't even out yet. Thanks to you, I think Maxi players are going to have a nice head start once SC5 is released.

I really liked the part at about 49 seconds, where 6A+B (BE) causes a hard knockdown after a launcher, so you can go for more damage or try wakeup options.

I really liked the part at about 49 seconds, where 6A+B (BE) causes a hard knockdown after a launcher, so you can go for more damage or try wakeup options.

Guard _stance recovey is hella fast. A safe maxi makes me wanna cry of laughter:):):)

3B, 6A+B, psl into Lo. he missed the wake up RC B... (which should have a BEdge that Guard Crushes)

Damage at 1:31 to 1:33 is way too scary to be true, comparing to:sc4sop1::sc1ast1::)
More damage added: BE:6A+B, Li K, 3A, BE: Li A potential is BANANAS.
not to bash New Li A but i hope i dont end up abusing it, even though its that good

LI A looks terribly unsafe though, you can see Maxi takes hella long to recover from it but he so far no one seems to punish it. I know it knocks you back a good distance on block but still, it looks to be like -20 or something greater.

BE LI A does like wtf damage lol.
@Dustbuster I think he choose LO B ground hit instead. Does 3A give a non-recoverable stun now? can't remember

They seem to have increased Maxi's range quite a bit. He's now solid mid range from the looks of it.

3A is now old BL A, not sure on the properties now though. SC5 Maxi looks pretty damn amazing, he does so much damage. I just hope he doesn't get nerfed before release.
I really like that they changed jG to the release of guard. I was still a bit worried about how jG would affect Maxi after 6 months, but now its not gonna be a problem at all. I don't really see jG getting used much outside of long predictable strings and charge moves.

Questions for Oosaka and anyone else who has played the latest build using Maxi:

Do both 22A and 88A go into stance now? I haven't seen anyone do the non stance version of 22A yet.
Does 3B into 66B+K work like it used to in SC3, SC2 etc?
Is SC4 44K totally gone now?
And is 1B from SC1,2,3,and 4 totally gone now?

3B, 6A+B, psl into Lo.

SC5 Maxi has only 2 PSLs.
PSL1 (front) : RO -> BL -> LI -> LO -> RC -> RO
PSL2 (back) : RO -> RC -> LO -> LI -> BL -> RO
PSL3,4,5 are gone in this build.
I did the combo like : 3B > 6A+B(BE) > LI 6(PSL1) > LO B
or he can do the combo like : 3B > 6A+B(BE) > LI 4(PSL2) > BL K.A+B+K (can be avoided by a tech roll) > 66B(near the wall only)
I did this combo on the match vs FUG's Patloklos (anyone seen it?)
Questions for Oosaka and anyone else who has played the latest build using Maxi:

Do both 22A and 88A go into stance now? I haven't seen anyone do the non stance version of 22A yet.
Does 3B into 66B+K work like it used to in SC3, SC2 etc?
Is SC4 44K totally gone now?
And is 1B from SC1,2,3,and 4 totally gone now?

22A and 88A goes into LI.
old 88A(non stance) is now 44A. (it's not THE SAME move as old 88A, but it is similar to it)
3B > 66B+K can be blocked
old 44K is gone. it's RO KK or 22KK's 2nd hit now
1B gone.

No PSL 3 thats a big deal its being around forever
I pray FURY does more damage than Li A or thats just whack... or it better guaranteed backturn blow everytime:)

Ivy match: 2:28...
BE:6A+B into LI K missed, and its not a whiff. (which makes Li A the only guaranteed damaged,thats Bogus...)
Li K is a standalone Stun, that sucks. why would you use it, if it can be ducked.

Just realised if Li Bg was allowed 66B into Li Bg would be godly (i would even be ok with meter use for Li Bg)

Natsu match: 1:31... sexiest slow-mo:):):)
While rising Back Fist and 6A+B Dangerous mind games right there, while workin on bursting their guard:):)

SC5 BL A needs to be changed, pointless move. why not SC4:66A or Rc A somersault with guard option. or SC4::a(K):.
RC B needs Brave Edge that crushes
Waving Lights needs Brave Edge for range weapon users

:sc2maxi1:I dont have to work hard to play this maxi, hell ill just wait for you whiff or do a move with bad frames and Dustbuster out an ULTRA:):sc2maxi2:

LI K hits high and LI A by the looks of it hits mid and more damage if you BE it. It makes sense as the opponent will have a make a decision to block mid/low or take a good amount of damage. I think SCV Maxi is already very strong as is and only LO needs to be improved as the single LO K and LO BK are still unsafe as hell to use.

LO K used to be safe as well. I doubt it'll be very punishable now, same as LO A.
This makes 4BB and BB safe heh. Useable BB is good.

oosaka is aK gone?

No psl3 makes me wanna cry though :'(

LO K used to be safe as well. I doubt it'll be very punishable now, same as LO A.
This makes 4BB and BB safe heh. Useable BB is good.

oosaka is aK gone?

No psl3 makes me wanna cry though :'(

@2:15 in this vid you see PSL 3....but no one else has mentioned it since. And this vid be old

HRD
See PSL3 is right there in this old ass video, so it's gotta be in the new build, right? Maybe we simply just don't know the command for it. I mean why would they put it in in the early build and then remove it later? I'm hoping it's there and we just don't know how to perform it yet.

I'll try to find the commands for PSL3 at NEC but since one or two other Maxi players are going I might spend a lil more time on Pat or Seigfried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back