Prep Shenanigans!! ^_^

Hey guys, I need your help in listing out every characters anti-prep attacks. e.g. Cass' 2B+K.

Am doing a study but looking through everyone's movelist will take a while, so I figured I'll take the main ones first.

Shen it depends on wich prep you use...for ex 11A is quite strong.

But i suppose you talk about 3
Many used antiprep moves can be beaten with proper spacing, SEAB or delaying inputs.
The problem is that usually out of 4 options 3 are wrong and just one good for raph :(
And often risk reward sucks.

For ex mitsu can FC 1BB => loses only against prep A NH and does heavy damage, but spacing beats that answer, with SEAB/A
Mitsu can also mist under prepA/B/K, VE throw delayed beats it so does SEAB delayed.
Can step 88B or A, i think prep B delayed beats both but have to test better

Double angel step beats all maybe except Prep K who will jump over soph...prepk Has heavy blockstun and is heavily negative.

Astaroth 6K beats prepB and K but prepA is CH so risk reward is good, VE will make him whiff also.

Etc etc.

I don't know wat cass 2B+K command does @_@? i usually recognize moves but do not learn those.

P.S: 66 and 6B on block can be beated by everything >.> on hit i think 6B is not very solid also but i never use that.

Thanks, for now I'm basing on 3B first since that's the more common transition. So keep em coming! :D

Cass 2B+K is her TC move where she kinda kneels and hits you with her shield, stuns on CH.

:O i see ...um i forgot how i used to deal with that >.> next time i'll play a cass i will check...
the option was one of the following but don't recall wich:

1) prep into VE
2) spacinge
3) avoid preps XD

Btw remember that best prep is 11A, 3 is risky on block but on hit it shines and starting from an i16 means a lot
But most of all is best to not abuse preps....use few and even if blocked they won't be punished

It's not about whether to use or not.
I am just dissecting Prep to understand better its weaknesses and seek out potential uses.
So, I'm trying to keep a very open mind in approaching prep.
Although, I'm technically using a very modernist approach. :D

against kilik:
if he decides to do a reflexive iWR B, your options are to go for prepA or just empty prep and you can actually guard in time (or GI or step if you're quick at the end of prep)

if he decides to crouch, do a lil delay, THEN wrB, you can beat him with SEA B, or empty prep into step.

if he decides to 1B, the 2nd hit of prep BB will catch him (prep A will fail) or you can empty prep and guard

if kilik decides to step, 22B, again you could empty prep and have him whiff (as you advance forward). I've had it whiff more than it's hit me 8:2 ratio.

Overall, the advice is not taht empty prep > kilik, it's just you have to resort to it once in a while to deter his powerful anti-prep options. Eating a 66B is a lot better than putting yourself at risk, plus mixing up no prep with empty prep allows you to either keep your distance or get in close (depending on your opponent's playstyle/character) you can decide what is more beneficial.

talim anti-prep

1a+b
22_88k
236b
WC (i think itll beat prep bb)
4a+b

of course prep a would catch all of this ^_^
but at least with 2k itll be an aerial hit

its counter GIable on reaction it just sucks....
8A+B has an awful aGI window instead and the damage/range makes the move quite weak aside the tracking

Back