Preparation Glitch Discussion

well for prep K BE i am getting often another bug in wich after prepK on hit, raph turns 180° before the BE -.- (got vid of that also...).

i m stupid >__> i recorded wrong player commands....
I have 2 vids:
one is blurry with correct inputs, the other is fine but has wrong player input....

well btw inputs were:
1,(1)K,2(K),4,(4)B,(B)A

result is 11K followed by a prepless A+B.

I think... maybe the glitch got something to do with... pressing a button while holding onto a direction and going back to neutral and pressing buttons again... during the 'magical frame' during recovery

-LAU

Here's the vid tommorrow i'll post the other of prepKBE whiffing glitch -.- (it happened me 3 times in a week and its really annoying.

P.S. i used the phone to record the vid >.> quality is bad....

hey guys , just wondering how do you do the preparation glitch, I've tried and tried to no avail

Hey guys, I managed to do it off 4 (backdash) and 8 (step) too.
2 and 6 seems to be not possible as I get 66A+B instead.

I guess this is doable from most recovery.

bushindu: I think it's just inputting 3a+b.A+B really quick during any recovery. I haven't had much success myself but that's what I kept hammering in.

Nice job. Now that we know how to preform the move what you're guys feeling on this move. Is it something Raph should be using often? Now that it can be done in neutral what the primary use. Would this tool be used for whiff punishment or guard damage or is it a mixup tool? I assume this doesn't really change much or Ralph gameplay.

its TC so it could have some applications where 4B could whiff due to being high.

I didn t get the command i should input 3A+B fast and then get away hands from pad? @_@
in the video it seems 3((3)A+B)

Well that finally explains how I was able to do it from 8WR instead of buffered after a normal move. I have a feeling 2A+B:5 and 1A+B:5 will work as well.

As for usefulness, advantage/disadvantages:

+backward evasion and TC on startup
+a KND low that breaks opponent momentum
+most damaging low attack in Raph's repertoire
+dat laugh

-still slow and easy to read because of the laugh
-long recovery, punishable on guard and no chance for oki on hit
-steppable

Having the move available kind of reminds me of his original 2A+B from SC2, which had similar properties. This one's a little slower, but more stable.

Well that's really cool, but equally difficult. Been messing around for a half hour and I can't get this come out at all using the D-pad, but by flicking the analog I'm getting 40% A+B (too quick) 40% 3A (too slow) and 10% YA HA HA HA HA!

Only looks about useful enough to be a regular, simple to do move, but it's too cool to ignore. I'll need to hit the people I KO repeatedly with this at the very least.

Well that's really cool, but equally difficult. Been messing around for a half hour and I can't get this come out at all using the D-pad, but by flicking the analog I'm getting 40% A+B (too quick) 40% 3A (too slow) and 10% YA HA HA HA HA!

Only looks about useful enough to be a regular, simple to do move, but it's too cool to ignore. I'll need to hit the people I KO repeatedly with this at the very least.

well according to the latest video/news on glitch... we only need to do 3A+B:5 so... technically if you do it after a buffered move you shouldn't be getting "A+B (too quick)" at all....

will definitely play around with this more... the narrowing down to single input with accuracy on going back to neutral is important

-LAU

any hints on how to do stance less 3A+B:5?

because unfortunately the video doesn't show timing when to go back to neutral.

-LAU

Back