Prototype vs. Infamous

jaxel said:
Microsoft should DIE for telling Cave they cant bring DoDonPachi Daiojou Black Label to 360 in America.

playing that game is top on my list of things to do after i present my final project next week

Both games seems fun but I dont have a PS3 but if i did i'd still get prototype its kinda like ultimate hulk except way better i mean its all so stylish but i don't think ill be able to buy it i wanna get that modern warfare 2 and assassin's creed 2 man i want a job :(

IMO the difference is Halo 3 actually lived up to its hype.

Yea gota agree but they over hyped Gears2 its good and all but the game didnt end up to what people expected and it was a completely diff game and its so bs if ur a bad player u will be blessed with glorious moments.

Review on Dutch gaming website of Prototype: overhyped game. Action is cool, but it's too repetitive. Surroundings are too similar (same monsters, pedestrians, army units), missions are similar, action is linear, battles are chaotic, camera is bad in small spaces etc.

Was looking forward to it, but not so much right now.

Well, basically decided just to wait until more reviews roll out. I really need another game, PSN SC4 has been seriously pissing me off lately. But i think i'm going to wait until Friday before i actually commit to one of these games.
Sorry for double-post... but i was googling my ass off, and it seems that a dutch website compared the two games and claimed it's going to be a very hard decision for us PS3 owners, and they touched on a lot of good points. Albeit, the google translator did leave something to be desired in the proper english department.

Prototype vs. inFAMOUS

Also, PSW UK gave [PROTOTYPE] a 90/100. I'm not sure of the credibility of this magazine, I have never read an issue and it seems like people are a little wary when it comes to them. I haven't found a link for the whole article but i'm sure one will pop up sometime this week.

Me being Dutch, I will translate the conclusion:
In the end, inFamous turns out to be the winner with a point more than Prototype. From the previous text you can see that both games are very much alike. If we look in the past, we can see that Sucker Punch has produced better titles, but the past does not give a guarantee for the future. When it comes to characters, the games again are very much alike. That doesn't help us.

Both men have superpowers, but the ones of Alex Mercer are more extravagant than Cole's. That doesn't imply that it isn't fun to play with Cole. Especially the choices between good and evil seem to work out very well. Graphically, both titles are fine, but infamous looks nicer obviously.

The choice is easy if you don't have a PS3, since you can only go for Prototype. You don't have to envy the PS3 owners though since Prototype looks to be a great game as well. If you do have a PS3, the choice is a lot harder. Both games have their advantages. However, I tend to go for infamous, just because it's a PS3 exclusive and tailor made for the PS3 by a great producer. Prototype won't be a misbuy though.

And yes, it's as non-news in Dutch as it is in English. Typical random kid who hardly played either game tries to produce an article.

if that review is true, then you'd have to split hairs to figure out which one is really better

It basically comes down to playing them both. The problem is... i can demo inFAMOUS. But, alas, i cannot touch [PROTOTYPE] until: A. i break down and buy it B. Befriend someone else with a PS3 and make them buy it, or C. wait a ridiculously long time for a demo or rental.

I think what it will eventually come down to is the fact that [PROTOTYPE] just has way more gore and a few more special abilities. Don't get me wrong, shocking people is fun, but i think it could get stale after awhile. I personally never tire of gobs of blood and body parts flying around the map.
Sorry for the double post. I just found a synopsis of the [PROTOTYPE] review from PSW UK magazine. The kid does a pretty good job summing it up, and adds a few of his own thoughts, but all the impressions from the mag are surrounded in quotes""

Not a bad read, and does shed some light on a few things-- [PROTOTYPE] Review Synopsis

The reviews that I could see of Prototype tell me nothing since they have the same ratings as inFamous. I'm just going to skip on both and wait for Uncharted 2.

The reviews that I could see of Prototype tell me nothing since they have the same ratings as inFamous. I'm just going to skip on both and wait for Uncharted 2.
Thats why I always wait for the GameTrailer reviews... even though the reviewer may be an idiot and you may disagree with the ratings, they actually tell you WHY they gave a specific rating.

Yea gota agree but they over hyped Gears2 its good and all but the game didnt end up to what people expected and it was a completely diff game and its so bs if ur a bad player u will be blessed with glorious moments.

Yeah Gears 2 online was fucking terrible,you could do almost anything with a lagswitch.I hope they really make HUGE improvements for when gears 3 comes out or else both platforms will hate that shit.

Thats why I always wait for the GameTrailer reviews... even though the reviewer may be an idiot and you may disagree with the ratings, they actually tell you WHY they gave a specific rating.

Yeah, i pretty much look at my big 3 reviewers: Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailer, and compare them. But it is a little disconcerting that there are still NO reviews for [PROTOTYPE] save for a Dutch site and the PSW mag. That could mean that they have an agreement not to release reviews until a specified time because the developers fear it may do poorly and don't want to hurt their sales. Sometimes Gamespot and IGN will have reviews up weeks before it drops. So that makes me a little nervous, i don't know why i want this game to be great so badly....

IGN dropped their review. 7.5 (giving the graphics a 5.5). IGN AU gave it 9+ though. It's confusing.

Yeah, read the IGN article... and it seemed to be decently written. I think he was a little harsh on the graphics though. With so much on screen and it being an open world game, draw distances aren't going to be the greatest. So i can take that into account. I need Gamespot and Gametrailer to get their act together and post a review. BTW the developer did make the big reviewers that they sent copies to, wait until today to post reviews. Sketchy.

Back