Prototype vs. Infamous

Psylocide

[09] Warrior
Well guys, time to bust out the cash and buy a new game, and the thread title is kinda self explanatory.

I really want another open world action game. (i almost killed myself after buying GTA4 garbage) I have played the Demo for Infamous, and i have to say it's a pretty good time.

But..... Prototype? Shapeshifting, Gore, body snatching, stealth, super powers, Whhaaa????? I want to go to there.

Prototype

Infamous

I'm leaning towards Protoype, release date is 6/9/09. Help me out here.

Not having played either game, Prototype looks more interesting to me. Open-world superhero game with a city-wide zombiegedden vs army black ops, where your character is essentially Jon Carpenter's The Thing? Yes please!

It'll tide me over until Crackdown 2, hopefully.

Prototype looks more fun but Infamous got really good ratings. I'll wait to hear the word on Prototype before making a decision.

Lots of reviewers have played both games... EVERY (and I mean EVERY) reviewer says inFamous in the better game.

Lots of reviewers have played both games... EVERY (and I mean EVERY) reviewer says inFamous in the better game.

Yeah i was kind of noticing that... but.... but... i want Prototype to be better. I guess i'm going to have to go the rental route and hold off for a bit.

There are Prototype reviews?

The one recommendation that I am aware of (made by Listen UP, I think) suggested that
A) Both games are great, and
B) Of the two, the reviewer would go with Prototype.

So you can take that for what it's worth.

infamous is a lot of fun but it has a bunch of little things in it that are driving me insane. The biggest is the AI. But I would still recommend it because i'm a sucker for sandbox games.

I'd recommend waiting for more reviews of prototype before making your purchase.

infamous is a lot of fun but it has a bunch of little things in it that are driving me insane. The biggest is the AI. But I would still recommend it because i'm a sucker for sandbox games.

I'd recommend waiting for more reviews of prototype before making your purchase.
Play on a harder difficulty, scrub. The AI actually gets smarter.

I am, the game boosted me to hard mode. The AI isn't smart, its cheap. They have a 6th sense for you. Its impossible to sneak up on them. I can understand the ganging up and rooftop headshots since i'm on hard, but if I climb a building that they're on and they're looking the other way the instant my hands touch the roof they all turn around and lob grenades till I either A) fall off the building or B) come up where I will then proceed to get barraged with bullets, and this happens EVERY GODDAMNED TIME . Plus the pedestrian AI is off as well. Countless times i've seen them run into explosions or get in my way resulting in me getting killed. Which would normally be okay, but not when you're going for a hero ranking.

Maybe S.T.A.L.k.E.R. has spoiled me in the AI department.

still tho, this is a nit-pick, and does NOT make it a bad game. its just annoying.

forgot to add the not there....whoops

Honestly, I love me some inFamous. Prototype from what I've heard lives in the gore. If that's your thing, and if you like getting around easily, then I think Prototype is going to be a good choice for you. I'm only getting one myself, and I've already decided on inFamous, but if Prototype is really good, I may get both.

I am, the game boosted me to hard mode. The AI isn't smart, its cheap. They have a 6th sense for you. Its impossible to sneak up on them. I can understand the ganging up and rooftop headshots since i'm on hard, but if I climb a building that they're on and they're looking the other way the instant my hands touch the roof they all turn around and lob grenades till I either A) fall off the building or B) come up where I will then proceed to get barraged with bullets, and this happens EVERY GODDAMNED TIME . Plus the pedestrian AI is off as well. Countless times i've seen them run into explosions or get in my way resulting in me getting killed. Which would normally be okay, but not when you're going for a hero ranking.

Maybe S.T.A.L.k.E.R. has spoiled me in the AI department.

still tho, this is a nit-pick, and does make it a bad game. its just annoying.

I guess somebody hasn't played enjoy ninja gaiden, SHUMPS, or old school scroll-games...lol.

What I'm wondering about prototype is how close or far away from being Darksector its gonna be. Cuz just by looking the games look rather similar. Have you played Darksector? You can probably get it for 5 dollars ..lol.. SERIOUSLY. But its not a bad game really... worth a play through at least.

alexvscole.jpg

why dont you just wait for gamestop to get used copies of both games and buy them, beat them, and return them within 7 days. im sure the replay value is zero to nothing so just beat it and return it, YOU GET TO PLAY BOTH !!! WOW ^_^

@DivineChaos - That's a cheesy little piece of artwork... i can't tell who won though.

Anyway, watched some more vids last night, and i have to say inFAMOUS has much more realistic graphics. Not to say that's a huge selling point, but when you have two games that are somewhat similar it does play a part. I still just don't know though, i guess it was a little early for me to decide, but i wanted to buy/preorder one of them before the weekend hit so i don't spend my "new game budget" at the bar or just buy a sack or something... ya know?

Alex wins, he absorbs Cole's powers and gets to use them himself.

Oh, lol! I get it now. Man.... after watching more vids and reading a few more hands-on previews, i am almost completely sold on Prototype. It seems like you get to do so much more, not that Cole's powers aren't sweet... but the option to use stealth, and speed of movement and flight just sounds way more fun for a "sandbox" type game.

Edit: Don't forget teh BLOODZ!!!111!one

Seriously... Whitey and I are big shmup fans...

Microsoft should DIE for telling Cave they cant bring DoDonPachi Daiojou Black Label to 360 in America.

Back