PS4 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after all this discussion about the consoles...I'm still not convinced in getting an Xbox 1. I'm sorry, I tried seeing the positives to all this and it feels like its more trouble then it's worth. Still not liking the idea of DRM. Sure that's all good on a PC. Thing is I wanna console, not a console trying to be like a PC.

The ps4 doesn't have anything that stands out miraculously from what I understand, but it doesn't have all this stuff going on with it either which I like.

So, after all this discussion about the consoles...I'm still not convinced in getting an Xbox 1. I'm sorry, I tried seeing the positives to all this and it feels like its more trouble then it's worth. Still not liking the idea of DRM. Sure that's all good on a PC. Thing is I wanna console, not a console trying to be like a PC.

The ps4 doesn't have anything that stands out miraculously from what I understand, but it doesn't have all this stuff going on with it either which I like.

I agree, at the same time many PC gamers are pretty impressed by this next-gen consoles. Like in BattleField 4, you can have 60 FPS, and over 64 people in a single match! That's pretty impressive even for PC gaming standards, and most high end PC modules sell into the upper range of $3,000.

PS4 is a great console, but it doesn't seem as innovative as the Xbox One. The PS4 just seems like a PS3, with better graphics, but instead you have to PAY for online now. Why not just keep your PS3? It's still has great games, and free online.

Xbox One is going to have built in PVR recorders, you can play MORE than 2 games at a single time and swap between them! (Never been done before) And the Xbox One allows you to quick swap with voice commands through your TV, and other in-home devices, remote free.

You didn't even know who made CoD.... why are you even on this forum? Make a god damn XB1 topic and talk about how inferior...... or how subjectively superior your MUST HAVE console is.

Is this coming from the same poster who claimed reselling games to Gamestop magically generates revenue for the Publisher? Hmm...

FYI, I already corrected my post within 12 minutes, I meant to say "Activision" but I know you're looking for any tidbits for an insult, how sad.

No, me and you never had the conversation bro, different guy.

You need to keep track of who you're arguing with

"Arguing"? Perhaps more random posts with images of mentally disabled kids holding something with text in front of it saying "Xbox One Fan!" is more your style of 'conversation'? That's pretty much all I've seen.

"Share this image on Facebook if you're an Xbox One hater!"

"Arguing"? Perhaps more random posts with images of mentally disabled kids holding something with text in front of it saying "Xbox One Fan!" is more your style of 'conversation'? That's pretty much all I've seen.

"Share this image on Facebook if you're an Xbox One hater!"

Well i am an XB1 hater, Microsoft killed their own lead in the console game. Makes me mad.

You also didn't correct or edit the post i was talking about bro. Mine is two pages back and is still the same, and also the one i commented on so........ you need to stop being so aggressive at people for no reason.

Not to mention this entire last comment doesn't even make sense, nor does it talk about or against anything we've said thus far, it's literally FLAME. Good ol Flaming, i love the good ol days.

Lol hey don't knock it! At least EA does a good job of pumping out sequels per year. I mean other publishers get a sequel like once every 4-6 years. EA will make sure there is a new CoD each year! They do work, lol. I could give a crap less about all their sports games though.

OMG FIFA 29! So hype!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EDIT: I'm going poopoo now, and will then watch some television because i want too

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EDIT: I'm going poopoo now, and will then watch some television because i want too

And I meant to say Activision publishes CoD, not EA. And EA publishes sports games mainly. (Which sell millions.) I don't care much for sports games, but hey! If millions of people want to buy them, why not? Follow the money.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Apparently AnimeFreak can't scroll back 1 page to read posts...

And PS4 isn't winning, Xbox One is the top seller on Amazon.com, above the PS4.

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-xbox-one-demand-unprecedented-strong-early-sales

If you go to Amazon.com and compare the PS4's pre-orders to Xbox One, you'll see the clear difference. Sony had a lead before E3, but Microsoft then pulled far ahead.

As should you, dumbass.

http://www.destructoid.com/did-sony-confirm-drm-on-ps4-after-all-not-quite--256052.phtml
http://www.destructoid.com/sony-we-re-going-to-treat-the-ps4-like-the-ps3-256156.phtml

You didn't even know who made CoD.... why are you even on this forum? Make a god damn XB1 topic and talk about how inferior...... or how subjectively superior your MUST HAVE console is.

Not to make you feel inferior but, Sony said you can rent and trade used games for SONY made, and ONLY Sony made games. They didn't mention restricting access for other publishers like EA, Ubisoft, or Activision. Those publishers still have the option to restrict renters access to their games on the PS4. I even watched the PS4 E3 press conference to it's entirety. Sony made no comment about saying "all games" on the PS4 will be restriction free.

PS4 will be playing games off the disc, so their DRM won't require you to be online 1 minute per 24 hours. That's the only difference, but everybody who is a gamer knows games play MUCH faster when played off the hard drive.

And PS4 isn't winning, Xbox One is the top seller on Amazon.com, above the PS4.

http://www.examiner.com/article/microsoft-xbox-one-demand-unprecedented-strong-early-sales

If you go to Amazon.com and compare the PS4's pre-orders to Xbox One, you'll see the clear difference. Sony had a lead before E3, but Microsoft then pulled far ahead.
Not really dude, sry to kill your buzz again.
E3 2013: PS4 Outpacing Xbox One Pre-Orders - IGN

There were two versions of the PS4, the launch edition and the standard edition. The launch edition is already SOLD OUT, so now only the sells of the standard edition are left.

PS4 Vs. Xbox One: Amazon Splits PlayStation 4 Preorder Page, May Not Ship On Release Date Due To High Demand

amazonbestsellers.jpg

You should really look up stuff before you post.

I don't know but the design grew on me. I like its kickass slant. I just hope that these consoles were made correctly. Don't want either of them to go through what the Xbox 360 did what with the RRoD and all. I was afraid to turn on my 360 for a month -_-;

Not saying that the ps3 didnt have its share of problems either. Feels like these consoles are getting more and more fragile with each release.

PS4 will be playing games off the disc, so their DRM won't require you to be online 1 minute per 24 hours. That's the only difference, but everybody who is a gamer knows games play MUCH faster when played off the hard drive.
PS3 and maybe even PS4 lets you play disc games two ways.

• First way, will be running the game directly from the disc without installing onto your hard drive so it's running from the blue-ray drive. The game plays slower.
  • Second way, is installing the game directly onto the hard drive, but you still need the disc in order to run the game. The gameplay will be faster.
But of course there's the option that you can download games directly onto your hard drive via PSN store.

Now if PS4 has the option to let the owner upgrade to Solid State Drive or it's included in the package, gamers are in for a real good treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back