PSX SCVI Gameplay Preview Analysis

• Admin
PSX has revealed the first gameplay of SCVI in motion. I broke down the most notable changes on my twitch stream and I will link the archive below. I will list the changes me and my stream caught. Feel free to post what you have seen below! Here is the raw footage without me talking over it.

Known system mechanics and character changes:
  • Reversal Edge and Guard Impact will cause the user to take guard damage when they fail to connect it.
  • Reversal Edge post hit causes a guessing game where verticals beat horizontals, horizontals beat sidestep, and sidestep beats verticals. You can potentially receive a ringout when it connects. It also automatically parries strings, but some moves have fast enough recovery to where you can block the automatic attack.
  • Soul Charge (the mechanic similar to V-trigger) causes the opponent to receive chip damage. It costs 1 bar of meter and is set on a timer that's similar to max mode from KoF. Large push back on activation.
  • Lethal Hits are hits that cause the character's clothing to break. When you hit them, the move properties change into combo starters. You can see Mitsurugi's 1A as well as Sophitia's 22B do this in the footage.
  • Guts is still in the game as well as meter. You still gain a bar of meter for losing two rounds.
  • Movement can be cancelled like in games pre-SCV. Run counter for backwards movement has been removed, but remains for side movement. (Hey guys, it looks like the mechanic might be that backdash can be run countered. It seems that verticals cant run counter in general. Only horizontals and tracking kicks.)
  • Throws still can catch side movement.
  • Mitsurugi has gained a running tackle that resembles an Arthur move from SC3. He has a new low mid option. 1aB has a new animation and 4KB causes severe knock back on hit. MST KB is NCC and his MST B+K causes an attack throw on normal hit. MST B string has a new follow up that resembles his 4B without the backdash.
That's all of the new information I could find in the video. Let me know if you find other things!

Changes found by 8wayrun:
  • No damage on throw escape. They can also build meter.
  • Meterless Guard Impact.
  • Sophitia 1AA doesn't trip on first hit.

• Mitsurugi 1A doesn't trip on normal hit. Relic is in the game again.

Last edited:
Michael Stabile

Michael Stabile

WHENS SOULCALIBUR VI
It looks like using RE to block attacks will harm your guard a lot more than regular guarding. As seen in the first trailer, you see a more "active"-looking guard where they almost parry the attack, but their weapon glows more and more with each consecutive attack. In the second trailer, you see two instances of them blocking repeatedly and the guard breaking. It seems rather than being like in SC5 where their guard breaks and THEN you have a window to attack, the attack that breaks the guard also lands instead.

So, I'm not sure if people have seen the other gameplay videos that haven't been shown here, but I've noticed some pretty neat things. They're all pretty short and stuff.

Angel Step now has an angel feather animation.
CE triggers a small scene when enemy is KO'd."
Her (SC4 input) 9A+K seems to be faster. The K input following launches enemy behind her. It seems as though she would be able to chain her BT B+K, assuming it's in (which I don't see why it wouldn't be).
No audio was in this video, makes me sad. T-T

The leading kick also only stuns on CH, shown in the Mitsu CE video below. The A input followup doesn't seem to hit grounded anymore.
CE is complete even when hitting an airborne enemy.

Couldn't post more than five links in one post because reasons.
Guard Burst animation is pretty.
The timer pauses for the entire duration of the Soul Charge gauge drain.

Also, the stage(s?) seem to have a change in light as the fight goes on.
7SoCwbB.jpg
pMR9dkT.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't see the newer videos until late.
I could not find where the Mitsurugi/Sophitia movelist discussion page was, so I had to come here.

Sophitia - There is the three hit attack she does that Pyrrha does (I think 66B+K, A, B?), but she has a string option to it here. The second two command inputs (I'm guessing) could be {2A,B}. It looks like the last "B" is her 236B animation stabbing attack.
The hit properties looks like it's HIGH, LOW, MIDDLE.
What could be dangerous to opponents is that she can stop her string attack after {2A?} or the second attack of the string and do a post while crouching game on them.

Mitsurugi - His 22_88A here is just like the SCIV version. I wonder if a counter hit could link into his CE here on SCVI.

In General - I've noticed there is a Break Attack move that both the characters can perform that I guess depletes their Guard Meter.

- Mitsurugi @6:39
- Sophitia @ 7:13 ? - Not sure if that's just her Reversal Edge attempt.
(Whoops) I think that's just a Reversal Edge weapon clash.

And are "Lethal Hits" constituted after a Reversal Edge is whiffed or failed or can they happen under other (many other) conditions?
- @5:10 - failed
- @8:41 - whiffed

Live streams

11 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Latenight Vybez |Back From The Netherrealm|Laptop Charger Broke..|SCVIW/RareSaiyan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back