Pyrrha Omega General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just frame CE? Can anyone verify this, cause I've never seen it?

I would've taken you up on that wandrian if I had XBL, could always use more tira practice.

As for ROing someone with DNS K, while it's not unthinkable that it might happen in high level play, it's way too circumstantial to deserve much mention.

I've seen mention of a JF CE before, but have personally never pulled it off or seen it for myself. Also DNS K puts you at neutral, I think? I use it once in while just to bait out a response. And because it looks pretty.

I would like to see some JF CE tips if they exist. I am now training NS B fastest input (also flashy when executed?). This move seems unfavorable if Pyrrha needs to duck first from chain attacks i.e. ducking from Natsu's K in the chain BBK.

Think of it like Ryu in Street Fighter. His moves are simple and efficient but his damage is devastating.

I think I'm going to have a pocket Omega at tournaments. Anything I absolutely need to know that isn't well covered in stickies?

Fun finding:

DNS B, 236B and CE (probably some other moves too) Tech Trap after 3A+B if they try to forward or back tech.

DNS K will force block (JG still possible but has a very tight window) both left and right tech.

Not bad at all :)

Will be sure to post anything else I come across.

So I was wondering, do you think it's possible/effective to play Oprah aggressively, like something approaching a rushdown style of play? I ask because during the Bi-weekly tournaments held on the hazuSC stream this week, Dina seemed to be playing very aggressively vs. Keev when he switched to Oprah, and it went pretty well for him. Also, while practising Oprah's punishment against herself, I fought the CPU for a while just to get used to punishing a moving opponent, and the CPU just seemed to be going wild. Of course, it has that infamous psychic ability, but nevertheless, the aggressive playstyle just looked so...fun. And scary. So, thoughts?

Playing PO aggressively is possible to an extent, but it's pretty obvious if you look at a character like Pat that she wasn't designed to be a true rushdown character. She's got most of the tools she needs to mount a decent offense, but I feel like she's more effective when she's played as a mix of defense and offense, changing depending on how the match is going and what's happening in it.

Playing her aggressively is super fun, though.

I think I'll give her another chance, Ivy isn't cutting it for me, not enough damage :P

Btw why is this one of the most vacant SA's? Almost nothing goes on :/

I agree more or less with paragon. SC V is a somewhat aggressive game from what I can tell and the recent backstep nerf makes people really not want to move. That might make creating pressure on the gauge with 66B and 4B, previously not quite as strong offensive options, more worth while. Also, any character that can be thrown from further away due to large blocking hitbox or w/e(natsu is probably a good example of this) can be mix-up up far more readily by Ω. What her full capacity to maintain offense is remains to be seen.

Btw why is this one of the most vacant SA's? Almost nothing goes on :/
I have no idea. I think it's because she's very underused combined with people thinking she's a stupid and shallow character. PO has a lot of depth that people just don't seem to care about for some reason. Yeah, you can win with just DNS B shenanigans at low level play, but as you move higher up the character gets much more complex. Finding ways to play aggressive and keep offense up, stop pressure, work the gauge, mix-up, keep away, close in, and more keep the character interesting. I still have a lot of fun with PO, and I'm figuring out more about her every day.

I do think that she is a bit stupid though. Extremely good character IMO, and I know how infuriating it is to play against her.

Pyrrha Omega was designed to be brutal. Pick your spots for when to be aggressive/defensive.

Why is this SA so vacant? Probably from the lack of people who actually use this character, but this is what I'm used to seeing coming from SC4 playing Sophie. So to me, it's either a combination of the lack of people who actually use the character and the lack of questions/discussion from people about the character, probably because of the impression of how basic that character/playstyle is.

I would post more myself, but I don't know shit. I just stab bitches.

yeah i think more specific matchup info would be pretty useful, if people figure out some good tips/tricks.

my main tip is just to use 4b as much as you can.

My main tip is the CE in between everything. It'll hit 90% of the time. It's like mashing a dp during a block string!

Fun finding:

DNS B, 236B and CE (probably some other moves too) Tech Trap after 3A+B if they try to forward or back tech.

DNS K will force block (JG still possible but has a very tight window) both left and right tech.

Not bad at all :)

Will be sure to post anything else I come across.
Does it force tech or can you roll?

Also, what do I threaten players who roll/tech clockwise with in general?

Just making myself known in this SA as well. On recommendation of some of the people who have seen me play in the 8WR stream lobby, I've started using Pyrrha Omega more instead of plain old Pyrrha. Truth be told, Pyrrha Omega was actually my first choice when I first played SCV but seeing that I was a complete newb to the series at that point, I went with Pyrrha just to get used to things with an easier to use character.

It's hard to describe but when I decided to go almost all Omega last in the 8WR lobby, I just seemed to have more fun using her than her normal counter part. Granted, she's different ( one off the top of my head is the fact that Omega's :B:.:B: leaves the the other char out of grab range while normal Pyrrha's :B:.:B: doesn't IIRC ) but I guess it's something worth getting used to.

So yeah, I guess I'll be playing more Omega in future and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back