Random/Fun SC Facts

Just wondered, is there some unexplained link between Talim, Zasalamel, Kilik, and Algol seeing as they are the only ones who use both SC and SE

The only link between each of them is that they have the ability to wield both swords.

Algol obviously because he created them.

Zasalamel because his tribe guarded Soul Calibur. He's also very neutral and naturally magical.

Kilik because he's infected with the Evil Seed, yet can wield Soul Calibur because of the Dvapara-Yuga. His training with Edge Master is probably why he could do it later on.

With Talim, it's implied that she can use both because "what lies in her soul is Purity". Realistically she'd never use them but she has the ability to destroy them. They tamper with the forces of nature (WINNDD).

Just wondered, is there some unexplained link between Talim, Zasalamel, Kilik, and Algol seeing as they are the only ones who use both SC and SE

Sort of. In SCIII, while Kilik was purifying some people around Raph's land with the Dvapara-Yuga, he encountered Zas and the two fought. Kilik was badly injured and Xianghua took him to Edgemaster to get his wounds treated. I believe Zas could have finished him off but he let him go.

Zasalamel belonged to the Ancient tribe that guarded Soul Calibur in the past and he knew about the legend of the Hero King, since Algol was responsible for SC's creation.
Talim doesn't have much of a link since her story isn't cannon. She only shares the ability of purification with Kilik.

Zas wielded SE in the past but he couldn't control it and he became Abyss, died, and was reincarnated again. He tried to use SC but his tribe found out and kicked him out. I think I read somewhere they broke his arms as well but I can't find the reference that's not the wiki.
Algol can use SE but he never got to wield SC because he died when it was made, and his hate and anger at the loss of his son because of SE, corrupted SC and stopped it from becoming totally holy. The ones he wield are mere copies of the real swords.

Talim and Kilik didn't wield SE or SC in cannon but it's their weapons because these two posses a good heart and strong spiritual control. Kilik with his training and mastery over the Kali-Yuga and Talim with her training with her elders, grandmother, shaman father and wind's guidance.

I don't think there is a canon character that could use the real swords at the same time, since even Algol only use phantoms of both...

While everything about every other character abilities of destroying them are widely speculative.
Sophitia-Holy Ore.
Xinghua- Soul Calibur.
Siegfried- Soul Calibur. making Soul embrace.
Siegfried and Nightmare- Both just put each sword on a "coma" state.

EDIT:
And now Pyrrha and Patroklos each destroyed the other. (In the exact opposite of Cassandra's ending where she stabbed Soul Edge first and destroyed Soul Calibur due to her "holy" abilities.

Sort of. In SCIII, while Kilik was purifying some people around Raph's land with the Dvapara-Yuga, he encountered Zas and the two fought. Kilik was badly injured and Xianghua took him to Edgemaster to get his wounds treated. I believe Zas could have finished him off but he let him go.

Zasalamel belonged to the Ancient tribe that guarded Soul Calibur in the past and he knew about the legend of the Hero King, since Algol was responsible for SC's creation.
Talim doesn't have much of a link since her story isn't cannon. She only shares the ability of purification with Kilik.

Zas wielded SE in the past but he couldn't control it and he became Abyss, died, and was reincarnated again. He tried to use SC but his tribe found out and kicked him out. I think I read somewhere they broke his arms as well but I can't find the reference that's not the wiki.
Algol can use SE but he never got to wield SC because he died when it was made, and his hate and anger at the loss of his son because of SE, corrupted SC and stopped it from becoming totally holy. The ones he wield are mere copies of the real swords.

Talim and Kilik didn't wield SE or SC in cannon but it's their weapons because these two posses a good heart and strong spiritual control. Kilik with his training and mastery over the Kali-Yuga and Talim with her training with her elders, grandmother, shaman father and wind's guidance.
A post that long cant be wrong, i agree.

Elysium: "And the one who CREATED this form...is YOU Patroklos."
Patroklos: "...I needed my mother's guidance in the past, but you can't blindly follow another."

I thought it was been established that Elyisum was made into Sophitia's image, because Soulcalibur needed a find a way to convince Pat into killing Pyrrha/Soul Edge. I think you guys are thinking too hard on this subject, given the story's simplicity.

lol we get that, but we are just speculating, it just hard to believe that the holiest char on the game wouldnt be revived, or have some connection to char who happens to have the same name where she would have likely gone ?

I've compiled a list of quotes of that the cast of SCV say when they are "handled"by the lovely "Queen of Dominance":sc4ivy1:

Ivy backthrow quotes:

:sc5pat1: Patroklos: Noo!
:sc5zwe1: Zwei: Damn it.
:sc5lei1: Leixia: Ooow!
:sc5nat1: Natsu: You're such a pain!
:sc5ezi1: Ezio: Molto Bene!
:sc5rap1: Raphael: Damn you!
:sc5vio1: Viola: That's a problem.
:sc5pyr1: Pyrrha: I'm gunna die!
-------------------------------------
:sc5sig1: Siegfried: Never give up!
:sc4hil1: Hilde: I can take it!
:sc1kil1: Xiba: You'll pay!
:sc4ivy1: Ivy: I'd never- ( I think that's what she says; she mumbles)
:sc1crv1: Cervantes: ( note: this is a character specific quote) Ivy: Squirm! Cervy: You will not live! Ivy:You wretch!
:sc5aon1: Aeon: -growls- ( lol what were you expecting?)
:sc4tir1: Tira: JS I'm gunna break!/ GS Irritating!
:sc5nm1: Nightmare: You're nothing!
:sc2mit2: Misturugi: It's nothing!
:sc2maxi1: Maxi: Damn!
:sc2yos2: Yoshimitsu: Impressive!
:sc5dam1: Dampierre: (Character Specific) Ivy: Beg for mercy! Damp: -moan- Ivy: Having fun?
:sc2vol3: Voldo:(Character Specific) Ivy: Beg for mercy! Voldo: -hiss- Ivy: Having fun?
:sc5ast1: Astaroth: Noo!
------------------------------------
:sc5pat1: aPatroklos: I won't end here!
:sc5sc: Elysium: You resist me?
EdgeMaster:Well done!
:sc4alg1: Algol: Good!
:sc2kil2: Kilik: No!
:sc5pyr1: Pyrrha Omega: Don't reject me.
---------------------------------------

I didn't bother to do the CaS voices since I was already tired. If you want to know what they are, check them out yourself~Kappa

One of the biggest annoyances with the current CaS voice options is that the voices sound similar to robots when having their pitches and tones altered. However, there's something of a solution to fix this. When editing voices, do two simple things:

1.Match the Pitch number with the Tone number
2.ONLY choose a number between -10 and 10

When you do this, you'll notice that the tone and pitch will sound consistent with the voice when the character speaks. But make sure that the numbers match, or it will sound weird. Also, going below -11 and past 11 will start having the voices sound robotic. In fact, you can hear the difference when going from the 10s to the 11s.

One of the biggest annoyances with the current CaS voice options is that the voices sound similar to robots when having their pitches and tones altered. However, there's something of a solution to fix this. When editing voices, do two simple things:

1.Match the Pitch number with the Tone number
2.ONLY choose a number between -10 and 10

When you do this, you'll notice that the tone and pitch will sound consistent with the voice when the character speaks. But make sure that the numbers match, or it will sound weird. Also, going below -11 and past 11 will start having the voices sound robotic. In fact, you can hear the difference when going from the 10s to the 11s.

I do that and it's pretty handy~ I managed to make the "Main Bad Guy" voice sound like a younger version of himself~ It's pretty cool :)

There are rabbits hiding behind the trees in the daytime forest stage.
The beginning of the animation for Z.W.E.I.'s B+G is the same as his 44A.

:sc5ezi1: Ezio: Monto Bene!

I broke out my Italian dictionary for this. I suspect he is actually saying "Molto bene", which means "very good", which would fall in line with Algol, Edge Master, and Yoshimitsu's lines. A less likely answer would be "Monte bene" which could be a very grammatically broken way of saying "good mount". More likely "Molto bene", because that is a common Italian phrase.

There are rabbits hiding behind the trees in the daytime forest stage.
The beginning of the animation for Z.W.E.I.'s B+G is the same as his 44A.

I broke out my Italian dictionary for this. I suspect he is actually saying "Molto bene", which means "very good", which would fall in line with Algol, Edge Master, and Yoshimitsu's lines. A less likely answer would be "Monte bene" which could be a very grammatically broken way of saying "good mount". More likely "Molto bene", because that is a common Italian phrase.

OMG sorry DX That was a typo! Lemme go fix that :( thanks for the noticing that :D

-Algol now succeeds Zasalamel as the token black guy.
-The statue head in Elysium's stage is the same one belonging in the Conqueror's Coliseum stages. The problem, however, is that there is no statue anywhere in ELyisum's stage (how the hell did it get there?).
-The majority of Brave Edge grabs are A grabs.
-The "warp holes" ZWEI's EIN and Viola's orb go though are not only similar, but they look like the sphere present in Astral Chaos
-The Bridal Shorts from the Bridal Pack dlc is used by Pyrrha/Pyrrha O and Elysium in her 2p
-When Patroklos does his Critical Edge, the third hit changes it's damage number from 7 to 3 to 7 again.
-When Nightmare does GS kBE, the message box reads "5 hits," but the damage taken from the health bar (and the number of hits in the string itself) seems like it should've said "4 hits."
-It's should be technically impossible (or just difficult) to wield the current short sword versions of Soulcalibur and Soul Edge, due to their sword guards covering their hilts (the handles).

This game makes quite a few cultural references:
-The Houndstooth is pattern in Creation
houndsooth.gif

-Nightmare's "Balmung" belongs to Conan the Barbarian
NM_01.PNG sevConan.jpeg

-The male clothes from Sexy Costumes 2 belongs to Hardgay.
384x-3.jpgHard+Gay+11886908844.gif

-The Terror Mask in Bullproof Headgear belongs to Rick Taylor from Spatterhouse. That game was also published by Namco Bandai
Bulletproof.jpg Splatterhouse_Rick.jpg
(Also, calling these items 'bullproof' is rather stupid, because none of them can repel Cervante's 6B+K, his Critical Edge, or Ezio's B+K and crossbows).

-The Muzzle face item in Creation Mode was used on Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs
The-Silence-of-the-Lambs-hannibal-lector.jpg

-There is a frequent glitch in which certain movements can literally damage character model limbs. But these glitches fix themselves so fast, players won't be able to notice, unless the game pauses or lags out.
IMAG0297.jpg

I think he was joking lol

This is an online fact. If you're in a Player Match room and you always want to select the stage, always be the challenger.

Nope, I think it suppose to be a handicap in the favour of the challenger.
Winner/1p at start/champion VS loser/challenger/2p at start.

Back