Raphael video thread!

ShenYuan

[10] Knight
Hey guys. In this thread, I think raph players can upload their vids for others to watch and comment on yep.

These are a series of videos of my raph against Shen Ou's Kilik. They are an extract of a batch yeah.. but the rest aint up yet. what do you think of these? Please comment if its constructive yep

Kilik vs Raph

Victor: Raph

Victor: Kilik

Raphael vs Rock

Victor: Rock

please enjoy

EDIT: More videos added to Kilik vs Raphael and Raphael vs Rock is included.

You guys are some throw-breaking maniacs. Very nice Raph, too. The only thing I could see to point out was that you didn't punish Kilik's 22AAA with 236B.

I like that one time you did SEA three times in a row. Oh the mind games.

CNP: Thats true. I did RCC 3B Prep BB instead... im actually thinking that a 66B or 66A+B might have been free too.

I added more videos.

oh yeah i feel that the 8th vid demonstrates the superb range/speed of raph's pokes lol... its kinda silly at 1:00 when A hits like 3 characer spaces away

It's just a short match

Cupui ( Raph ) VS Suncrest ( Voldo )

It's been 2 month I didn't play my raphael
hope u like it

I miss the prep BBB:B JF timing sigh....T_T

Found this for JF's on raph

So the key to VE B:B and 33K:B is the speed of the 2nd B after either the B or the K?
I guess it's between when the first B or first K starts (not inputted)

[youtube=FiendChi (Voldo) vs HuDaThaN (Mitsurugi, Raphael)]7AFRJylZ06Q[/youtube]

[youtube=NEC9 2008 HuDaThaN (Raphael) vs Kryonik (Astaroth)]iubIpTiEDKY[/youtube]

Nice videos. Those Astaroth matches were pretty intense.

Also, I love how you put The Shining Polaris in the first video. It's one of my favorite DDR songs.

Nice Raph Hudathan. Also, congrats on your placing at NEC. 17th outta 87 is pretty damn good.

Nice videos. Those Astaroth matches were pretty intense.

Also, I love how you put The Shining Polaris in the first video. It's one of my favorite DDR songs.
SWBeta recorded the matches and put music to them, so all credit to him.

Nice Raph Hudathan. Also, congrats on your placing at NEC. 17th outta 87 is pretty damn good.
Thank you. I could have went harder for a higher placement but there will always be a next time.

lol cool. Lost count of how many times he ate 4~A for nice damage

Try counting the 3 hit ~SEA ~Prep A, people don't do their homework past the first layer. God forbid if raph had bigger combos and better followups off his ch's.

Try counting the 3 hit ~SEA ~Prep A, people don't do their homework past the first layer. God forbid if raph had bigger combos and better followups off his ch's.

1)3~SEA ~A

if they block

2) 3~SEA ~SEA ~A

That also worked quite a bit on asta. I think once he blocked the entire thing after 8 minutes hehe. Working the soul gauge was nice though

My policy is to repeat SEA for as long as they hit. I also need to work on the soul gauge some more, there are some moments where I can insert some damaging stuff where they might expect prep game. I feel that even though raph's offense is weak he still benefits quite a bit from soul gauge system. If he is the way he is now in a game without soul gauge he would be a lot worse off.

One thing I noticed against that Asta; when he finally started to sidestep your Prep stuff he did well and you had a lot harder of a time. He didn't do that enough (don't know why), but did you run into anyone that actually did do a lot of sidestepping?

One thing I noticed against that Asta; when he finally started to sidestep your Prep stuff he did well and you had a lot harder of a time. He didn't do that enough (don't know why), but did you run into anyone that actually did do a lot of sidestepping?
The people I play against regularly at the MD weeklies tend to step Prep quite a bit so I have to use SEA B a lot more. SoWNemesis who took me out of winners did step me quite a bit. It was a very good match which I wish was recorded. The main thing is to get them to stop attacking into Prep A from the first transition, because then I can delay SEA and they would have to stop moving and block again. I wish it wasn't such a guessing game sometimes since in the video you will see me getting ch out of SEA when I don't Prep A or getting stepped when I actually do. I'm seriously considering toning down Prep game for situations where 3 hits the opponent and SEA will interrupt anything slower than i12, on block most Prep transitions are just no good. I'm building a new fight plan based around more poking and soul gauge moves and mix in Prep situations to keep them off balance.

Back