Recent Raph players?

While Raph's combo look boring, I do enjoy his Soul Gauge gameplay.
And you can always try for the Prep A CH, 33K:B combo instead of 3(B)~Prep BBB:B.

see what i mean ?

it's tough to take seriously someone who feels compelled to refer to themselves in 3rd person as if they could not glance over to see the avatar.

This is what WuHT says.
its also kinda hard to take anyone complaining about spam seriously so theres that....

see what i mean ?

it's tough to take seriously someone who feels compelled to refer to themselves in 3rd person as if they could not glance over to see the avatar.

This is what WuHT says.
I thought they had a complaint thread? Then go fucking complain there!

The Mage thinks that Raphael's style is boring; it is generally 3BBB BBB that most Raphaels spam.

... Please stop embarrassing yourself.
Your failure to take your own advice makes your comeback significantly more pathetic. You should at least maintain your self-delusional posting style and say "The Mage thought they had a complaint thread?".

So I had this piece of bread at a bus station and a pigeon was strutting around nearby. I tried not to make eye contact, as amusing as the pigeon was.
ShenRii, can you confirm that CH Prep A 33KB still combos even after patch? 'cause I was friggin' sure it couldn't be done. I went at that shit for an hour. What is the secret, man.

(This thread is evolving to another topic. I'm not sure what it is.)

it just randomly works like 1 in 1000 tries. I've accidently done it in training after only a few tries, and somtimes I don't get any after 10 minutes straight.

you are the one complaining how about you contribute something eh?
how many accounts are you going to make? It won't change the fact people here start shit with you... its your attitude

also yeah 4B prep A 33K:B is really inconsistent and not worth the very high probability you will lose out on damage

The Mage thinks that Raphael's style is boring; it is generally 3BBB BBB that most Raphaels spam.

WuHT said:
3) People don't like him because at he looks like he's spamming because his combos all end the same way. prepBBB:B drives scrubs nuts which is great in my book.

nuff said...

@synraii super TC goes under 90% of raph moves...6K, 3K, 3B, 33K:B, BB <==== etc etc etc....
and evades EVERY prep option even on hit.....(fortunately MIST will eat a sea B in CH for tons damage lulz @ mitsu skill project that make me won tons of match....).

remaining with 2B, 2A, 2K and slow moves its not so good...
Then there's the fact that raphael relies a lot on high moves (personally i use kicks a lot) and if opponent knows he can superTC to evade almost everything risking very little (2B +0 on hit :/) he can bait whiffs as much he wants making an uphill battle.

at least a TC can be stopped with lot of tools but superTC is really an issue.

BTW did anyone notice that raph goes THROUGH sisters when they block 3B BB:B at a certain range XD?
I noticed it because i sometimes use it to connect a CF >__< (and its not easy to react considering i never do 3B BB on bock...).

so why does super TC own raph if 2B which isn't a horrible move at all or BB at tip range usually work?

2B has more range then BB and leaves raph FC where he has WR A and WR B to use....

at neutral frames, wrA is easily step-G'd and wrB can only CH moves that are i18 or slower, which basicy BB will wreck him. You can beat the characters that have highs as their interrupts of choice, but those characters are not exactly the ones that raph has trouble with in the first place. 44B from a neutral frame position only beats 2A, as the 2nd hit of most BBs will hit him. S,o no its not a good situation to rely on. And single B > 2B in range.

2B is the ultra safe choice though, as it beats superTC at its entire length of the blade, safe but you sacrifice momentum to create an ambiguous situation where you have to outread your opponent at neutral frame position.

Single B gets owned by superTC ONLY at close range, which is the exact opposite of A+B. 33K:B I find pretty reliable (just in training mode) to hit superTC, but the execution is tougher to do on reaction, plus some characters can punish him on block .

at neutral frames, wrA is easily step-G'd and wrB can only CH moves that are i18 or slower, which basicy BB will wreck him. You can beat the characters that have highs as their interrupts of choice, but those characters are not exactly the ones that raph has trouble with in the first place. 44B from a neutral frame position only beats 2A, as the 2nd hit of most BBs will hit him. S,o no its not a good situation to rely on. And single B > 2B in range.

2B is the ultra safe choice though, as it beats superTC at its entire length of the blade, safe but you sacrifice momentum to create an ambiguous situation where you have to outread your opponent at neutral frame position.

Single B gets owned by superTC ONLY at close range, which is the exact opposite of A+B. 33K:B I find pretty reliable (just in training mode) to hit superTC, but the execution is tougher to do on reaction, plus some characters can punish him on block .
I think you are underestimating the fact that WR A isn't that bad on block
you can also RCC 3B or 6K post 2B a personal favorite of mine is 2B hit VE

I think you are underestimating the fact that WR A isn't that bad on block
you can also RCC 3B or 6K post 2B a personal favorite of mine is 2B hit VE
not to mention you have i13 6BB post-2B on hit which will beat everything because you spaced your 2B. If you're still scared you have 4A, 44B, and 4B still available too. You have basically everything except your B and 3B and literally everything if you can RCC. Hell if you can't RCC there's always FC B for a fast mid.

so why does super TC own raph if 2B which isn't a horrible move at all or BB at tip range usually work?

2B has more range then BB and leaves raph FC where he has WR A and WR B to use....
BB is worse at tip range, whatchu talkin about? If B catches people in a crouch, they stay in crouch. And the hit (B)B does not hit for crouch characters at its tip. Maybe single B is better at tip, but not BB. Also, what WuHT said.

I don't like 2B because it's linear and all things about it are slow compared to single B. If people do step Raph they aren't slow to punish at all; 2B is laggy unlike FC B. When 2B's virtues are working, 236B should have been used - or iWS B was worth trying (you may be able to interrupt yourself with empty crouch depending what you see). Exception is Rock. 2B has ghost range. Don't give your limbs to Rock.

I do not mind at all having WS A blocked. As things go, even if you get it blocked constantly and hand over advantage, you get to watch your opponent as he exploits it. But I would think that would have its limits as your competition gets tougher and abuses you faster for being so .. unconcerned about it. EDIT: I s'pose I shouldn't challenge what works; it works for me.

BB is worse at tip range, whatchu talkin about? If B catches people in a crouch, they stay in crouch. And the hit (B)B does not hit for crouch characters at its tip. Maybe single B is better at tip, but not BB. Also, what WuHT said.

I don't like 2B because it's linear and all things about it are slow compared to single B. If people do step Raph they aren't slow to punish at all; 2B is laggy unlike FC B. When 2B's virtues are working, 236B should have been used - or iWS B was worth trying (you may be able to interrupt yourself with empty crouch depending what you see). Exception is Rock. 2B has ghost range. Don't give your limbs to Rock.

I do not mind at all having WS A blocked. As things go, even if you get it blocked constantly and hand over advantage, you get to watch your opponent as he exploits it. But I would think that would have its limits as your competition gets tougher and abuses you faster for being so .. unconcerned about it. EDIT: I s'pose I shouldn't challenge what works; it works for me.
2B is i16 the same speed as BB

and yes do what works for you thats the best advice I can give

2B is i16 the same speed as BB
Being the same frame is the reason I compared them, but you're right, writing "all things about it" was a mistake.

and yes do what works for you thats the best advice I can give
I'm worried about, what to call it.... Just, here:

Abstract (tl; dr)​
What counts as "works for me"? Being a novice, how do I know which things I do let me hit people and which not? Simple answers can't be strictly true. The relation of the meaning of this phrase, to my current approach to self-improvement, is teased out.

"Subtle Mistakes"​
It's easy enough to say that getting hit is an error, is the error, and so your plan is adjusting not to do those things in those situations. But how do you see if there were subtle things? Precursors to the error? Something you do that gave away how you think? Or something you were doing which, played out over averages, made you more like to have certain errors than rewards?
Example: If I get punishable moves blocked, that's a mistake. If my opponent misses punishes, then (suitably disguised) they're good offense on him and not mistakes. But if my opponent misses punishes, but hits them and wins rounds off them, and wins the matches, then maybe probably they are mistakes, and my opponent was gaming me the whole time.​

A Definition​
Define "error" in the sense of forced error from tennis. The opponent got me with something, on his action. There are unforced errors which are just input errors, fumbled punishes (frame knowledge), flowchart-y behaviour and so on. Now what are all other "shortcomings"? Even defining error as a single 'defeat', these errors happen because of weakness or strength in what the two players do, right? I have to find those things.

Answering the Questions​
To answer finding these 'shortcomings' - "weak points" if you will - has to be, 'to look for them'. That's why I think and post about what could be wrong with something I'm doing. How else, from suspicion, could you find out if it is a weak point of yourself? It won't be an outright hit from your opponent that will let you know, by definition. I have to experiment and make some kind of judgment.

Do What Works for You?​
So, if I have WS A blocked, and blocked a lot, even if I "do alright" after this situation, do I really know if this is good? Or bad? I lose games. All I know is at least one part of my style isn't good enough. I could hunt specific exchanges all day. I want to find the things I'm doing that create these bad exchanges as a pattern, or how will I really evolve to a better level? Are my blocked WS As doing some kind of job worth their weight? Or are they screwing me over and obscuring better choices by appearing "half decent"?

(Headers on the fly. I daresay I'm getting better at them.)

My Previous Post Ended with Something Awkward
I think this explains this theme that pops up in my posts - thinking about 'the better player'. If a player loses, he wasn't able, while playing, to grasp what the other guy did. To become better, he must grasp what the other guy did - but (thankfully) not while playing. The second task is not easy. It's different, but close, to the task of actually beating your opponent; so that the very fact of losing makes it likely that you won't spot what you need to spot, without bending your thinking a little. So I have to question things.
That's where all my doubt and second-guessing comes from. It's in the previous post, and I can tell my thinking is off, looking at it. I'm glad I put that to paper, as now I can ask what's wrong with it.

nah man I don't let people tell me whats bad or good cause if something works for me its obviously good for my stype and preferences

when I say 4A is trash I'm saying "IT DOESNT FIT INTO MY STYLE AT ALL therefore it is bad in my opinion"

I don't know about what you feel when WR A is blocked after it is blocked do you feel a "OH shit" kind of feeling in your gut or the compulsion to attack or 44B or what ever you use as a panic button? if so it may not be good If I feel threatened in a certain situation I try to avoid said situation

One thing I want to bring up that I don't like about 2B against TCing opponents is that it does not uncrouch them, and some characters have pretty devastating WR moves that makes 6BBB as a follow-through risky.

And, single B > 2B in range. I just tested with a sophitia programmed to step twice, then hold guard. 2B would whiff while single B would be blocked.

---

wrA gives all raph players the psychological edge that at worse his moves will get blocked as opposed to whiffing. Sure, your offense may have came to a sudden halt and that you're vulnerable to a mix-up to your opponent, but that generally is preferable to opening yourself to a step-whiff punish of the opponent's choice.

At the very least, a few wrA on hit or block, and you'll deter them to actually 1.step, 2.guard, 3.assess, then 4.punish instead of instinctively pulling a step-into-launch which would generally result in Raph taking a hurting.

You're trading some offensive momentum with wr A to let your opponent know he cannot step with impunity. These type of moves come at a premium, hence i'm willing to throw out some 4As with high certainty it will be blocked just to let my opponent know that I can TS and - more importantly - track like a mofo if I need to.

I don't know about what you feel when WR A is blocked after it is blocked do you feel a "OH shit" kind of feeling in your gut or the compulsion to attack or 44B or what ever you use as a panic button? if so it may not be good If I feel threatened in a certain situation I try to avoid said situation

No I generally feel cool and calm, nothing too bad has happened. It's even as though there is a common compulsion from the other guy to do a particular thing after blocking it. It's like, "I can't hit you dawg, you have more'n +10," but if they're being obvious because they know it's free, why are they defensive and not aggressive? I just have to read the move after that move, is all, since there's nothing to do about the step they usually take. Everyone left steps (clockwise step / C step). \o_O/

So okay, I'll .. use more of this, again. My iWS B finally looks smooth but somehow iWS A is a different animal and very choppy.

Back