Rise of Leixia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her only real hole is her damage potential. WR B BE was just so good that it overrode that problem. They took it away from her, and now she's just bleh.

I also feel as though she's rather gimmicky. She can be sort of transparent. But this could be because most of her tricks yield little reward outside of a few. I love how her thing was supposed to be those feint break attacks and only one is remotely usable and still gets your shit ruined if used against someone with half decent reaction time.

Rugi and his hitboxes...oh boy. And even better, his is safe. Why isn't Leixia's safe? It's like a thousand times worse...

It's not a thousand times worse <_< Stop whining.
-12 vs -22 on block
38 vs 26 damage
pushback vs no pushback
good evasion vs you-can-get-hit-still
breaks guard + safe on block vs Breaks guard + stupid unsafe
tracks both sides vs tracks to one side
lalala fun times

But srs when I looked at mitsu's 4B frames for the first time I laughed because I finally got the "a better leixia" comparison.

I also feel as though she's rather gimmicky. She can be sort of transparent. But this could be because most of her tricks yield little reward outside of a few. I love how her thing was supposed to be those feint break attacks and only one is remotely usable and still gets your shit ruined if used against someone with half decent reaction time.

-12 vs -22 on block
38 vs 26 damage
pushback vs no pushback
lalala fun times

But srs when I looked at mitsu's 4B frames for the first time I laughed because I finally got the "a better leixia" comparison.

Yeah. Exactly. Uggh. Namco needs to stop sucking that Rugi...

Anyway, everybody knows they'll just justify it with SCI-III Xianghua. >>

But
Yeah. Exactly. Uggh. Namco needs to stop sucking that Rugi...

Anyway, everybody knows they'll just justify it with SCI-III Xianghua. >>
But Leixia isn't Xianghua. Far less mixup potential, less damage, less variety, overall just.. she can't even be classified as a shadow of Xianghua. That's not even a good argument for making ANY character bad. Just because a previous iteration was OP doesn't mean you have to make the successor suck. There is no such thing as video game character karma. Mitsu said Hi. e_e Wasn't he God in 4? And I think he was good at 2. Not sure about 3.

But

But Leixia isn't Xianghua. Far less mixup potential, less damage, less variety, overall just.. she can't even be classified as a shadow of Xianghua. That's not even a good argument for making ANY character bad. Just because a previous iteration was OP doesn't mean you have to make the successor suck. There is no such thing as video game character karma. Mitsu said Hi. e_e Wasn't he God in 4? And I think he was good at 2. Not sure about 3.

Which is why I said they need to stop sucking Rugi....

And, yup, there's no such thing as Video Game Karma. Correct as well. 1.01 Leixia, though widely used, didn't win anything. Didn't need to be nerfed in the first place. If they did nerf her, they didn't have to nerf every aspect.

"Let's make WRB BE more unsafe, do less guard break damage, not break guard, nerf the impact, nerf the damage, nerf the dodge speed, and not give them ANYTHING back!"

"Yeah!"

Seriously...people these days...

Which is why I said they need to stop sucking Rugi....

And, yup, there's no such thing as Video Game Karma. Correct as well. 1.01 Leixia, though widely used, didn't win anything. Didn't need to be nerfed in the first place. If they did nerf her, they didn't have to nerf every aspect.

"Let's make WRB BE more unsafe, do less guard break damage, not break guard, nerf the impact, nerf the damage, nerf the dodge speed, and not give them ANYTHING back!"

"Yeah!"

Seriously...people these days...
No dude we got that 6 damage on our critical edge <_< Don't lie.

Oh and we got BT B+K to launch higher and lead to absolutely nothing new at the cost of some damage. Wheeeee.

Honestly I seriously couldn't ever understand that BT B+K change. Why does it launch higher? @_@
Because it SLIGHTLY makes the ukemi situation after her guard break combo better. But, you know, since you use that move twice in the combo itself, you miss out on 8 damage when her damage is already abysmal. sure, 4 damage isn't huge, but any damage taken from her is unjustified. It was uncalled for.

EmptySky "You could never understand"

No need for words, I bitch like this. LEIXIA SUCKS WAAAAHHHH -1[A] -> A+B -> A+B -> A+B-

I adore this thread. Keep up with that positivity. Shinji, Reave, and anyone else out there that really, *TRULY* know Leixia? Go to more tourneys. Please? I'll give you all the cookies and intrawebz I have if you do <3

I adore this thread. Keep up with that positivity. Shinji, Reave, and anyone else out there that really, *TRULY* know Leixia? Go to more tourneys. Please? I'll give you all the cookies and intrawebz I have if you do <3

Hopefully some of them can come down to MLG dallas, so I am not the only Leixia. If so I will be doing terribly and putting the character to shame.

lol

-12 vs -22 on block
38 vs 26 damage
pushback vs no pushback
lalala fun times

The fact that those moves have any tracking is retarded. :/

The fact that those moves have any tracking is retarded. :/
Tracking is mostly irrelevant with Leixia's 44B. I think it's only really tracked for me maybe twice. And it's so negative on block that you don't even need to step it.

Who the fuck are you?

*TRULY know how to be better than every player AND their character combined in everything they win maybe.

Again, who are you? This is called realism.

A difference of opinion doesn't necessitate hostility, sir. I was in the same place(metaphorically) when Tira was nerfed into a reasonable character from the uber beast she was in 1.01, but then I really looked at it and realized how awesome she still is(pre-EVO mind you). What I'd like to see is the same thing occur with everyone that's doomsaying Leixia as a character: realize she's still quite valid and competitive.

Tracking is mostly irrelevant with Leixia's 44B. I think it's only really tracked for me maybe twice. And it's so negative on block that you don't even need to step it.

Oh, I don't mean in terms of how useful/not useful the move is. But a move that clearly stabs forwards should not track in any way or form. That hitbox should be razor thin. (For the record, I also don't like the fact that Mitsu's 4B is better in every way)

A difference of opinion doesn't necessitate hostility, sir. I was in the same place(metaphorically) when Tira was nerfed into a reasonable character from the uber beast she was in 1.01, but then I really looked at it and realized how awesome she still is(pre-EVO mind you). What I'd like to see is the same thing occur with everyone that's doomsaying Leixia as a character: realize she's still quite valid and competitive.

I'm sorry, Leixia is my favorite character in the history of Soul Calibur, saying that I do not *TRULY* know Leixia was just a tad bit insulting, even more so to EVERY other good Leixia player pre-1.03. Kayane, RTD, and everybody else who used her religiously, then stopped because of the unnecessary hammer she received.

Everybody knew Tira was still *alright* as soon as they got back to training mode, they just screamed because they knew they'd have to master Jolly, and that seemed like a daunting task. Leixia on the other hand, the pain was immediate.

I know. I play both characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back