Rock General Discussion

2B+G tech catch isn't as easy as it sounds. If they tech back after B+K, the timing of a dash into crouch throw is tough.

4A+B tech traps all directions after B+K stun regardless of distance. It's a far easier and reliable techtrap than CT and will lead to a similar type of unfavorable situation i would say. Not to say that i don't use CT here though. I use them all :)

Tribal:
3A for Asta is Rock's 4A+B and yes it's an awesome techtrap after the B+K stun, however 9B is a lame followup to 4A+B, considering both 1K, and feet first ground throw is combo ;)

I know 4A+B tech traps, but damn if I'm not a degenerate gamblor; I'll take the possibility of a flashy, damaging combo over the probable lower damage option almost every time. That's why I play Rock to begin with. :o

Really, I should start using it more. It seems like a useful move, and I lack threatening mids right now.

It's more for whiff punishment. For regular mids go with 4K stuff, 66K, a shitload of bullrush, 3B and 2B+K and 6K, those are his best mids imo. 66B too. Rock has a lotta good mids i think.

His mids are alright, if fucking linear. Every time I whiff a 66B I'm more surprised than the last. I should check the range on 4A+B, though, because 66AB is kind of slow, and 66B is kind of unreliable.

What do you guys do if you get a back grab or a back crouch grab? Doesn't seem much of anything is guaranteed, but you have all the advantage in the world going into that oki situation. Is it just a guessing game at that point?

I like doing his 63214:A:::A:::A:but if they roll to my back, I'm sol lol. 1A seems good for that answer but I don't like using it much on oki. 44K seems nice if they roll back. Duno, what do you guys favor in that situation?

I haven't noticed the back throw ground situation being that different from his other throws (side throws, B throw). I just go for the same options I always go for.

I'm just waiting for the next time I can flex all over people. It will be soon (hopefully tomorrow) and then I will have some manliness to report.

What's the cause of this? Sometimes when I do his B crouch throw, the opponent goes to Rock's left and almost behind him. 9B wiffs this and so does pretty much everything else.

What's the cause of this? Sometimes when I do his B crouch throw, the opponent goes to Rock's left and almost behind him. 9B wiffs this and so does pretty much everything else.

Namco is the cause of this.

I don't think i've maxed out on the manliness meter...i have soooo much shit with Rock, but i just don't post them here, cuz not much ppl play him...I discuss with Lau all my shit...anyone who's interested can hit me up on msn johnblaze_2000@hotmail.com.

Rock IS my main after all

Tribal:
3A for Asta is Rock's 4A+B and yes it's an awesome techtrap after the B+K stun, however 9B is a lame followup to 4A+B, considering both 1K, and feet first ground throw is combo ;)

Wait what? since when did 1K combo into ground throw? Does the B+K follow up to 3A+G guarentee a 1K, 3A+G?

Wait what? since when did 1K combo into ground throw? Does the B+K follow up to 3A+G guarentee a 1K, 3A+G?

Reread my post.
1K AND ground throw, not 1K -> ground throw.

After B+K stun 1K is weak option, cuz they can tech. not sure if they can block it, but they'll get hit standing which sucks ass. best thing to do post B+K stun are tech traps, and ground throw.

There are some characters where 2B+G throws the opponent off axis. For these characters, you can do 9GB, 8B, or some other followup. For these same characters B+K and the A+B followups also miss. 2B+G also will throw off axis if the opponent was caught off axis.

1K, Ground throw IS A MOVE. The recovery on the 1K is reduced and the ground throw comes out. However, the opponent can still roll out of it due to bad programming. Hopefully they fix this in a patch. That being said, there are a more important glitches that Rock should have fixed before his 1K. 1K to ground throw does combo on specific rare moments when the opponent techs to the side.

As for new stuff, I got a few new things, but no point in posting them if the only who reads it is me. Nice to see some Rock players still here.

On a sidenote, it seems Rock is immune to the Hilde death combo.

As for new stuff, I got a few new things, but no point in posting them if the only who reads it is me. Nice to see some Rock players still here.

Maybe most of us just find nothing to say...

You're not alooooooooone, ooooone, ooooone, ooooone, ooooone.

And here comes a new one ;-)
I've just registered to give Rock some support in here.

EDIT: Pls, keep up posting your stuff!

1K, Ground throw IS A MOVE. The recovery on the 1K is reduced and the ground throw comes out. However, the opponent can still roll out of it due to bad programming. Hopefully they fix this in a patch.
On a sidenote, it seems Rock is immune to the Hilde death combo.

It's not something that needs fixing. It was intentional....not a glitch. They don't want 1K-> GT to be combo vs tech. It's there to punish those that DON'T tech.

Yes, 1K, GT is actually useful once you train them not to tech. I use it for extra RO distance, say, after landing a 3A+G and they're near enough to the edge that another 3A+G will send them out. Here you get to mix-up dash-in 2B+G (which will RO) or 1K, 3A+G (which will RO). Many people will stop teching after 3A+G, either because of 22B_CT, or they're concentrating on the throw escape, that's when you start using 1K, GT. It's not something you'll do all the time (or even that often), but it's an important option to keep in mind.

The trick is that people tech after getting hit on the ground. That essentially escapes everything Rock does. I still use 1K ground throw, but anyone who knows it will never get hit with it again.

Back