SC Controversial Topics and General Shitposting Thread

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Haaaah. Hahahahaha.
February*
DhXJHJzXUAEyuJr.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Haaaah. Hahahahaha.

I think with the combined crushing disappointment of Haohmaru and Setsuka eating up most of 20fucking20 I can safely just stop giving a damn. Throwing a fit on twitter isn't going to speed up their schedule. I feel much better when I'm not talking about the game or hyping it up because we spend more time talking about the game than playing it.....

My restlessness is slightly fixed when I take a break from soulcal...

But seriously, a completed SoulCalibur V would be a nice future goal at some point, with the promise that it won’t be hacked off in the middle of development this time. If it doesn’t do well in its perfect form, fine, fair enough, whatever, I just believe it needs a fair shot, not the unfinished product we got the first time. With more unique styles for the kids, keeping the veterans on roster too. Giving everyone what they want instead of dividing us.

@DanteSC3

Be honest, you only care for Natsu so why are you asking for it's revival when you can just ask for Natsu to be brought over as DLC for SC6. Even the story structure can allow for it because at it's core, it spans a wide time period for the cast. I can't think off the top of my head of a game that has done this format before so it's not out of the question to get a character you want from SC5.

But seriously, a completed SoulCalibur V would be a nice future goal at some point, with the promise that it won’t be hacked off in the middle of development this time. If it doesn’t do well in its perfect form, fine, fair enough, whatever, I just believe it needs a fair shot, not the unfinished product we got the first time. With more unique styles for the kids, keeping the veterans on roster too. Giving everyone what they want instead of dividing us.

I agree with this, game already has its qualities, plus remove the clones and add the unique characters that weren't in, just with this the game would've been 100 times better, and here i'm just stretching the surface.

@DanteSC3

Be honest, you only care for Natsu so why are you asking for it's revival when you can just ask for Natsu to be brought over as DLC for SC6. Even the story structure can allow for it because at it's core, it spans a wide time period for the cast. I can't think off the top of my head of a game that has done this format before so it's not out of the question to get a character you want from SC5.
Not true, I thought the premise for the new story was sound, finally taking Soul Edge away from Siegfried/Zweihander style is a great idea. If it’s revisited, I do actually want them to have Raphael using a malfested rapier style instead of continuing to do “as the sword desires”. Nightmare is fairly iconic, sure, but seeing the malfested Pyrrha style was nice, so seeing other styles receive the same treatment could also be interesting from a gameplay standpoint.

I would like to see Natsu, yes, but her story would rely on Maxi, Leixia, Xiba, and Taki for development, so they would need to be present to flesh her out properly. As from WuHT’s recent thread, there are ways to make the kids more unique than their predecessors with similar weapons but with more variance. And different weapons could also play into the Soul swords truly being nebulous instead of seeking the same styles over and over.

The story of Raphael, Amy/Viola, and Z.W.E.I. is also something that I think has plenty of potential and could be great, if approached and fleshed our properly. Same for getting proper stories to see how everyone else is doing after seventeen years, the ones without stories, like Hilde, Cervantes, etc., there’s plenty of room for that era to shine, if handled well.

But no, the wide berth of time doesn’t allow for SoulCalibur V characters, as we’re still capped by 1590 as of present, and I don’t really expect SoulCalibur VII to cover much beyond 1590-1591, being three games worth of story in those two years. We might continue after, to get more a more graceful approach than a time skip, but it would only allow for the likes of Viola, maybe Z.W.E.I. origins, but not the kids, since they’d be far too young.

Back