SC5 'Ivy' Story/Possibilities/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point taken.

I think its HD talking. Haha. This is expected from Japanese developers. :p (Nothing against Japanese, just really looking at their track record)

Not many people know this, but European SC4 official website has Ivy's breast completely covered up:

noboobs.jpg

It just doesn't look good imo. Namco should bring back SC2's "George Washington" costume, it was bizarre.

Ivy is a mature woman. She must NOT look like a teen slut. wtf guys? :D
i would really like to see the following:

- some useful CL low attack
- faster unblockable attack in CL (the current one is absolutely useless)
- shit moves like 88_22 K in CL completely changed
- 1A in CL should have good range or be removed at all
- easier possibility to avoid forced stance switch (for ex. now to avoid stance switch in WP 6BK i have to hold down A which is extremely difficult while i dont have have a BK binded on a trigger)
- all kicks should be accessible from all stances except SE
- WP 214A unblockable is too slow and useless. how about making it low?

Not many people know this, but European SC4 official website has Ivy's breast completely covered up.

Also did you notice when you view her character profile you can see a video playing of her? she uses WP 66B which launches instead of stun and also transitions into SE B 6:b 4:b 6:B 4:B BUT its a GB version like in SC3 :0

Also did you notice when you view her character profile you can see a video playing of her? she uses WP 66B which launches instead of stun and also transitions into SE B 6:b 4:b 6:B 4:B BUT its a GB version like in SC3 :0

Yea, that is weird lol.

Here is my list of new moves that I want to see Ivy have in the fifth installment...

Coiled Stance
:A:, :A:+:K:, [JF] :(4): - A handy trick that will be highly unexpected...plus, the last move is unblockable making this a natural combo as the the A+K will throw.

:4::a(A): - This is an extended version of her CL 4A move with unblockable properties but slightly slower...

I have to post tomorrow, I need to sleep soon...

CH damage is reflective of base damage...I wouldn't say she deals too much damage to be needing of a nerf. Vare to elaborate to what is specifically wrong in terms of "CH" specific dmg?

As for my changes I would really like to see better string ending options. I Really don't like the fact that with things like WP 6AA the 3rd hit MUST come out, and the alternative is 6AB+K...sure it's +1 but its so easy to duck on reaction hardly anyone falls for the mix up. So make it 6AAA so you can stop on 2 or 3 and hope they hesitate to punish. Also fix all her tracking issues with certain moves.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with her CH damage. CH 3B or CH SW 44A have always been her staple moves since SC1, no reason to nerf them.

Here are two minor complaints I have when dealing against Ivy:

-7_8_9B during Sword Stance or whatever stance that is. The blade pops out too fast making it great for interrupting.

-214B, not that it has a really good step, but it tracks; fortunately in BD it doesn't.

7_8_9B is fine. It has high reward on CH, low reward and negative frames on normal, and is slightly unsafe on block. The move is designed to only be used for CH's, so it needs to have the blade come out fast. But since it's unsafe it's risky.

214B...that move has so many issues it's not even funny. Sure it tracks and steps VERY well with some random TC properties, but it's safety (EVEN ON HIT) is so bad it's sometimes more of a bad habit than something you should use. Also it can glitch and 180, leaving you ROYALLY fucked. The move needs to track because it does step, and really you should just be blocking it and punishing, not stepping it. If anything I say this move needs buffing with options after hit (it should remain unsafe on block, but not on hit...fuckin setsuka) and fix the 180 tracking glitch.

I think the only nerf ivy really needs may possibly be some SG damage and the SW A+B glitch. She needs a lot of things fixed. SW 214K and CL 214B need to stop glitching, SE needs some buffing badly, and some of her useless moves need buffs (CL 4A+b is useless unless you feel so inclined to do a UB cancel...tho without a decent UB, the mix up is useless).

7_8_9B is fine. It has high reward on CH, low reward and negative frames on normal, and is slightly unsafe on block. The move is designed to only be used for CH's, so it needs to have the blade come out fast. But since it's unsafe it's risky.
Well that's the thing... I think it should be rewarding for Ivy only if the person were to do a special mid or low attack, but when the person guesses correctly and does a standard mid or high I believe it should be in the person's favour instead of being interrupted. Not to mention it punishes step.

Sure it tracks and steps VERY well with some random TC properties, but it's safety (EVEN ON HIT) is so bad it's sometimes more of a bad habit than something you should use. Also it can glitch and 180, leaving you ROYALLY fucked. The move needs to track because it does step, and really you should just be blocking it and punishing, not stepping it. If anything I say this move needs buffing with options after hit (it should remain unsafe on block, but not on hit...fuckin setsuka) and fix the 180 tracking glitch.
well then I say fix the glitch make it safer on hit then make it not track instead of it dealing extra Soul Gauge damage when I have to block it.

But really it's no Biggie, I love playing this game competitively and can deal with it but if I were to say which of Ivy's moves are broke to me; I think are those two.

Still both moves haves more than enough draw backs...they're only good when they do what they're intended to do, and if you guess wrong you're fucked.

9B isn't so fast you can't react with a block upon seeing her jump, it's still fast and has range tho...And it is unsafe. As well with it being -3 on NH and dealing only 18 dmg, it's generally not preferred to throw it out there unless you're sure it's going to keep a worth while CH.

214B should still track and it should just be safe on NH. The move is risky. -21 on block is extremely unsafe and can lead to massive punish damage. As well you can't CF off the break (i believe it breaks early and winds up hitting again) and the punish damage will heal your SG right back up. There's also only one safe option out of SE as well, so being patient or rolling the dice if you suspect anything other than K will give you another punish opportunity.

Ivy also have only one evade move that TS's and none that back step, unlike the rest of the cast who often have a few. I think Id rather have Kilik's 1B instead.

Ivy has already enough good tools plus a good CF game, and just with these two extras with their already-given properties in SC4, I think it tips the scale a bit.

Despite being unsafe or punishable, I still think they should be nerfed because of how they are used in conjunction with Ivy's many other good tools. It would be satisfying to me if they slow the frame of 9B; I wouldn't mind if they make it safe on block and I'm glad in BD, they nerfed her 214B to not track . I hope this continues in SC5.

They need to give/buff/correct her stuff before they nerf anything. You said you want CL 214B to have less/no track, having seen what happened to it via BD i hope that doesn't happen as the move became almost usless without track. Hopefully they bring the good of BD Ivy(A small example being +frames on Wp moves like BB and CL AA!!!) and fix the SC4 issues so when 5(keep hope alive) comes out she will be more solid character.

CL214B is something of a risky maneuver I'll give IFB that, but to me it makes more sense if the person is trying to attack or retaliate not while the person is stepping. Ivy can still dodge many attacks with this even when she's @ negative and I don't mind that. This I think is already a good enough property for Ivy and I don't think she needs any more extra good properties for that move. In other words adding tracking to a move that is already good enough is a bit too much.

Besides to me, just because a vertical can be heavily punished on block doesn't mean it should track. Some characters already have verticals that can be heavily punished on block which can also be stepped and heavily punished.

I hope CL214B is still good in SC5 but just that I don't think tracking is necessary.

Edit: after playing against Ivy some more I figure that CL214B is a bit too much when she's several frames at negative. So maybe just tone that down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back