SC5 'Ivy' Story/Possibilities/Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kind of upset to see the lack of inputs with a whip counterparts..
Most seem kind of useless, but that could just be me..

Has anybody noticed that the yellow flash for SS happens before the grab makes contact? Couple months into SC5s lifespan people are going to be breaking it Tekken style, where they react to the type of throw. I forsee SS being a gimmick.

Has anybody noticed that the yellow flash for SS happens before the grab makes contact? Couple months into SC5s lifespan people are going to be breaking it Tekken style, where they react to the type of throw. I forsee SS being a gimmick.

yeah i noticed this too,the damge is already nerfed i dont want it to be breakable all the time

Get to play Ivy tday. The game is gorgeous. Tho so far nothing new to work with. -_- will test more tmrw. Moves like 1a do appear to be safer.

SS BE has great vacuum. Tho the fact the shroud is yellow is just too obvious.

Davo can you try and find out what new moves she has? I'm interested in that, since we've really only seen one and it was used only in that initial official video where she was fighting Patroklos.

i second this if your not already busy

Since there r no A+K moves, I dunno Wat else to try. I want to look for a move that jump Ws b+k moves from the daishi demo.

Since there r no A+K moves, I dunno Wat else to try. I want to look for a move that jump Ws b+k moves from the daishi demo.

could you try and find that half SC4 SE A236A move? its like that but it only had the grab part of the move,it seems very fast now,weve only seen it once
dont know how you would find it though..

Wait, seriously? There's no A+K moves? I heard there might not be... WTF!? Yeah, take away A+K, but make A+B+K a commonly used input. NICE JOB, NAMCO!!

could you try and find that half SC4 SE A236A move? its like that but it only had the grab part of the move,it seems very fast now,weve only seen it once
dont know how you would find it though..

Malek listed that already. It's a 22B brave edge.

4A+B and 214B is too safe lol. 22B has awesome recovery. Old sw3b aka 2A+B is rather negative to step after block imo. Wp 1A TC early and good on block. also WP 9B is 44B. Meh. Also WP 3A has horrible tracking. Better off with 6(A) antistep.

WP 214A is really unforgiving against throws. Startup being faster makes this a viable move.

Thanks Malek.

214B broken again... a part of me is happy I guess. Haha.

28284666B+G for CS? How the hell does that work? We went from a faux-720 back to quad-inputs? Is there a way to make this input any faster, because this looks hella awkward right now?

214A UB... omg. 170 damage? That's insane.

HA, I knew SS is just a BE. Since it's techable, there's no real reason to do this and not do CE though. Shame really. =/

All in all, she still reminds me of SC4 Ivy more than anything -- just with a little splash of SC2 Ivy in the mix. Again, a part of me is happy about that I guess. :sc4ivy1:

Malek listed that already. It's a 22B brave edge.

4A+B and 214B is too safe lol. 22B has awesome recovery. Old sw3b aka 2A+B is rather negative to step after block imo. Wp 1A TC early and good on block. also WP 9B is 44B. Meh. Also WP 3A has horrible tracking. Better off with 6(A) antistep.

WP 214A is really unforgiving against throws. Startup being faster makes this a viable move.
So you didn't find any new moves?

Was watching your matches on the stream recording. You made her look like a lot of fun!

LOL just saw this kinda makes sense.
Less clothes = liberation - freedom with regards to the sword
more clothes = restraint No more stances :(

I think sc2 she was more irritating, as you had to do certain moves to access others, and this put you at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back