SC6 Tier list for Season 2

Only the finest. Also the only thing hard about ivy is doing iCS her zoning and other gamplay is completely braindead. If asta had her zoning tools people would rq the game.

Voldo would have been unga bunga braindead tier if he was still running around in the Mantis like he was at launch.

Honestly next patch they need to make Ivy 2A+G/B+K come back and impale her in the c*nt on whiff/block.

Added: Someone did once say to me that Ivy runs what is known as 'the scrub gauntlet' which is basically, do you know both your character's tools AND the MU well enough to get through the Takeshi's castle style obstacle course that is Ivy keep-out before you're allowed to take a swing at her.

tbh I think currently ivy is fine. Yes iCS and 22A are still dumb but compared to the current top dogs she's tolerable

How do we feel about Tira? She feels pretty good to fight with even in jolly but some matches feel annoying as fuck.

Easily top 10. She got buffed so hard over patches. Gloomy is great her movement and keep out options are amazing she has solid pokes good grabs a great RE. Good Ce and other amazing options for whiffpunishing. Insane damage if she gets lucky. And yea as soon as she has coda she is just braindead.

In the context of other characters with similar 'unlockables', I wonder if cervantes be out of line to have unlimited 2b LH and 3B+K LH after getting enough gunshots.

..I'm talking about stuff like Asta 6K LH, Tira Gloomy Coda, and Amy's roses.

Dunno man i think cerv is more than strong enough atm. Also most of those things maybe except for asta 6K are pretty cancerous. Coda singlehandedly pushes tira from just being top 10 ish to top 5. Roses are just straight up broken. I guess 7star is also alright cause it actually requires alot to get activated and doesnt give maxi completely broken stuff.

How do we feel about Setsuka? I thikn shes really good tbh shes fun to fight against and keeps me on my toes. Then I go and pick Sophie and just tech crouch under all her bs :b

Setsuka is Top Tier.

Consistent high damage in her combos, good mixups, good throw game and good oki.

Well this new patch is certainly going to create more havoc yet again with the addition of Hwang and the balance changes to the cast.

Patch is in so we start from scratch.

The Setsuka nerfs and the Cervantes and Hilde buffs were dumb IMHO.

We'll see....

Hwang seems very solid although the Talisman thing is so far very gimmicky.

Also, Setsuka and Amy aren't Top Tier anymore. Sophitia seems buffed and Raphael was a little nerfed with the RE nerf but has better tracking now.

SOPHITIA GOT BUFFED IF YOU COMPLETELY IGNORE HER NERFS AND FORGET THAT SHE'S UNABLE TO SUSTAIN OFFENSE IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY. HER AUTO-GIS ARE NOW USELESS IN THIS ROCK PAPER SCISSORS GAME OF TRASH, TOO.

The Setsuka nerfs and the Cervantes and Hilde buffs were dumb IMHO.
Cervy seems net the same to me, maybe a micro nerf:

Buffs
1. if you're talking about 22B LH - 8 frames faster // now this LH works as it was supposed to, and now the combo is just easier, whereas before you'd have to step 3B and do a full HiGDR combo follow up. Not a damage boost, just an easier combo (although there may be new tech idk)

2. SC 33B - hit confirmable // quality of life

Nerfs
1. a6 - 13% damage reduction
2. iGDR - horizontal hitbox decrease
3. backthrow and 6 A+B - increased damage scaling

The asta nerf seem a bit strong for me, although I can't complain too much as it wasn't very fun getting destroyed in 3 throws..

Last edited:

Buffs
1. if you're talking about 22 LH - 8 frames faster // now this LH works as it was supposed to, and now the combo is just easier, whereas before you'd have to step 3B and do a full HiGDR combo follow up. Not a damage boost, just an easier combo (although there may be new tech idk)

Nerfs

The asta nerf seem a bit strong for me, although I can't complain too much as it wasn't very fun getting destroyed in 3 throws..
Cervy honestly hasn’t changed much at all. He still plays like Cervy and he’s still solid. Just more consistency with slightly less damage.

Astaroth on the other hand has basically been demolished. Poor guy...

My opinion of Hwang is that he has some good tools like any other character, but he relies on life force to be a threat and it's more difficult to gain life force compared to spending it. Yin-Yang Talisman (K) is the only meterless attack that is reliable to gain life force with. Iron Will State 6B+K, A+B, 236A+B+K and Divine Wings BB/B(B) require meter and you can't hit with anything else other than those otherwise you lose the opportunity. His CE also requires meter and the opponent must be at low health. By comparison, he has multiple attacks that easily spend life force. Considering you start with lower health at the start of a round with negative life force, this is an issue. They should have either given him more commands to reliably gain life force with, or increased the amount of life force he gains from Divine Invocation states and next rounds. There should also be a slight amount of soul gauge/health/guard stamina bonus that you receive from 6B+K, A+B, 236A+B+K and Divine Wings BB/B(B) while in a Divine Invocation state when those attacks get blocked otherwise it feels like you're not benefiting from the aura enough.

There is a lot of thought that goes into playing this character; keeping an eye on your remaining life force, different combo routes depending on how much life force you want to spend, deciding when it's best to switch to a different aura which requires planning ahead, making use of his lethal hits that trigger at specific amounts of life force, etc. He probably has the most complex gameplan of all characters. Which means that 'Beginner' description listed under his style in Creation mode is of course complete bullshit, but half of those are incorrect anyway.

Buffs
1. if you're talking about 22B LH - 8 frames faster // now this LH works as it was supposed to, and now the combo is just easier, whereas before you'd have to step 3B and do a full HiGDR combo follow up. Not a damage boost, just an easier combo (although there may be new tech idk)

Nerfs

I play with one of the best Astaroth players there is and Astaroth is severely underrated by many for some reason.

Instead of 3, he kills you in 4, which is still NOT FUN like you said considering the stupid blender and his frame data and GB game are still dumb.

To me, his only weakness is the RE which considering B's ridiculous landing spot, is still a mindgame.

Right now, his nerf is minuscule. He's still Top 5 and dumb.

My opinion of Hwang is that he has some good tools like any other character, but he relies on life force to be a threat and it's more difficult to gain life force compared to spending it. Yin-Yang Talisman (K) is the only meterless attack that is reliable to gain life force with. Iron Will State 6B+K, A+B, 236A+B+K and Divine Wings BB/B(B) require meter and you can't hit with anything else other than those otherwise you lose the opportunity. His CE also requires meter and the opponent must be at low health. By comparison, he has multiple attacks that easily spend life force. Considering you start with lower health at the start of a round with negative life force, this is an issue. They should have either given him more commands to reliably gain life force with, or increased the amount of life force he gains from Divine Invocation states and next rounds. There should also be a slight amount of soul gauge/health/guard stamina bonus that you receive from 6B+K, A+B, 236A+B+K and Divine Wings BB/B(B) while in a Divine Invocation state when those attacks get blocked otherwise it feels like you're not benefiting from the aura enough.

There is a lot of thought that goes into playing this character; keeping an eye on your remaining life force, different combo routes depending on how much life force you want to spend, deciding when it's best to switch to a different aura which requires planning ahead, making use of his lethal hits that trigger at specific amounts of life force, etc. He probably has the most complex gameplan of all characters. Which means that 'Beginner' description listed under his style in Creation mode is of course complete bullshit, but half of those are incorrect anyway
Hwang's talisman gimmick is just that, a gimmick.

Aura's have potential but the talismans are to be seldom used unless you are YOLO crazy.

Back