School of CaS: Advanced CaS Technique

Still no RD, namco marketing is the crap

Worse i'm waiting actual SC characters, so the wait for me is likely till April

Ok, thanks : i am not really impressed by 2B either, because the original design i find pretty boring tbh, black girl with blindfold meh.
I have never played the game tho, is it any good ?

Back on topic, if you use the shapeshifter race, any sticker / face paint you use on the eyes will wrap around the pupil / kind of an overlay that will make the eye appear and match the color of your paint/sticker (and will move accordingly to eye movement).
Fun stuff i used on my TUPAKAN mayan god, painting full eyes over an otherwise blank stare, seem to work better with face than full sticker (i tried sun sticker but result was soso) :

1544007571377.png

I hope for favourite SC characters too like Hilde, Setsuka, damn even Shura would be great :)

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted yet:
My Great Capture Screenshot 2018-12-08 15-55-28.png

This dress equipment has been noted to be hard to work with. Here, using projection, you can make the bottom black line that goes smoothly around the entire dress with one sticker. This normally took like 3 using the other method because of how stickers got cut off at certain parts. Hope this helps a bit.

It at least gives an idea of how the vertical/horizontal angles can be used.

So for my very first post here (why I waited till today to sign up, I 'll never know), I'd figure I'd show off the "school book" I gave to Tira which I've received some praise for:

2020-03-02_10-19-04_PM.png

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT #1 — Box
Move Right/Left: 0
Move Up/Down: 0
Move Forward/Backward: –38
Width: 25
Length: 49
Thickness: –38
Rotate Vertically: 0
Rotate Horizontally: –180
Angle: 40

Pattern – Modern 17
Colors: 0,8,0 | 8,8,8
Size: 42
Angle: 0 (default)

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT #2 — Box
Move Right/Left: –1
Move Up/Down: 1
Width: 25
Length: 49
Thickness: –39
Rotate Vertically: 0
Rotate Horizontally: 0
Angle: 40

Pattern – Basic 5
Colors: 0,8,0 | 0,8,0 | 0,8,0 | 8,8,8
Size: 50
Angle: –25

═ ═ ═ ═ ═

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT#3 — Box
Move Right/Left: 0
Move Up/Down: 0
Width: 50
Length: 50
Thickness: 26
Rotate Vertically: 40
Rotate Horizontally: –90
Angle: 0

Pattern – Basic 3
Colors: 11,11,0 | 31,11,0
Size: –50
Angle: 0 (default)

Last edited:
I have a question for the group.

Is there anywhere in which people have documented the creation of using objects to make animated accessories (i.e. objects placed in a way that move based on character movement creating the illusion of an animated object)?

I was stalking various players created costumes the other day and found someone who made static bats with the bat wings and I had the idea to combine two bat wings on different body parts to create a looping flapping bat wing animation while in movement and in the base stance.

I only spent about an hour attempting this last night and specifically on Seong Mi-na, but I discovered that if you place an object on the Thigh it moves in the opposite direction of objects placed on other areas when standing in her base stance. This allows you to have objects placed that overlap each other momentarily and move in opposite directions. I fiddled with it with the bat wings and feather and determined that the bat wings likely wont work due to the left/right movement limitation of the item, but the feather has potential.

Anybody know any examples of people attempting stuff like this? Any tips?

I have a question for the group.

Is there anywhere in which people have documented the creation of using objects to make animated accessories (i.e. objects placed in a way that move based on character movement creating the illusion of an animated object)?

I was stalking various players created costumes the other day and found someone who made static bats with the bat wings and I had the idea to combine two bat wings on different body parts to create a looping flapping bat wing animation while in movement and in the base stance.

I only spent about an hour attempting this last night and specifically on Seong Mi-na, but I discovered that if you place an object on the Thigh it moves in the opposite direction of objects placed on other areas when standing in her base stance. This allows you to have objects placed that overlap each other momentarily and move in opposite directions. I fiddled with it with the bat wings and feather and determined that the bat wings likely wont work due to the left/right movement limitation of the item, but the feather has potential.

Anybody know any examples of people attempting stuff like this? Any tips?
Now that is a fascinating idea. Perhaps using larger size objects for more room for movement could work. I dunno. Maybe like a large sphere situated up and to the back of the upper chest with separate wings attached to the left and the right collarbones. The movement on collarbone objects is much closer to the upper body's movement.

So I discovered something useful. I dunno if anyone's already found this, but the Pure Ring no longer glows, making it much more versatile. I was able to use it as a pretty decent belt to hide the clipping of one of the shirts with the Pleated Skirt.
You know, I was initially ticked that the pure ring no longer glows because back in SoulCalibur V I used a pair of 'em to give my sorceress, Quintessa, glowing blue eyes (due to a permanent "arcane sight" spell from Dungeons & Dragons). Fortunately, the Malfested (Mutated) race offers glowing eyes without the fear of 'em being destroyed/"dispelled" in combat; unfortunately, the race produces unremovable glowing markings all over the character's body. However, I found a particular glitch (?) that suited my purpose (and which I hope never gets patched!). As it turns out, setting the marking color to "black" (0,0) doesn't actually produce black markings — instead it makes the markings (almost) completely disappear (and this is especially true if a character has "snow white" skin as Quintessa does; lucky me!).

2019-02-26_05-09-23_PM.png

2019-02-26_06-02-35_PM.png

As I mentioned, it's not a total fix; when seen close up under certain lighting conditions you can still faintly make out the markings, and this particular trick really does work best with "snow white" skin. Still, in lieu of a lack of on/off toggle I'll gladly live with it! …granted, it's also 'cause I'm too stubborn to use the regular Malfested race; just having glowing irises isn't enough for me!

EDIT: Ironically I ended up using the non-glowing pure ring as a clasp for the "spell scrolls" tucked into her belt, made up of a pair of overlapping horns using the calligraphy pattern (since VI doesn't have the scroll accessory that V had).

Last edited:
Now that is a fascinating idea. Perhaps using larger size objects for more room for movement could work. I dunno. Maybe like a large sphere situated up and to the back of the upper chest with separate wings attached to the left and the right collarbones. The movement on collarbone objects is much closer to the upper body's movement.

I tried to hit this up yesterday with the sphere and had limited success trying a different placement now.

A problem I've noticed is all objects move in patterns that makes the wing concept look quite fake.

Will post a vid with my result later.

Update: Find a video showcasing my attempt below. I failed dramatically. An added pain that I didn't mention in the voice over, is when you are assembling the components so they will look good together in the normal stance, the character creator doesn't show them as such. It shows them separate over that body part, meaning you have to do a ton of trial and error to get your placement right.

Honestly, I think this, in a very basic form may be possible with certain characters and specific items. Just need to figure out that right match.

Last edited:
@Amesang, thanks for joining, i love your schoolbook, technically, it's quite à la page :)
I have been doing similar things myself if that can boost your creativity in any way :

a schoolbag for your schoolbook on my Schoolphitia lolicas :

1546530150050.png

Some parisian chic with a channel handbag :

1546530218562.png

Shopping bag maybe ?

1546530497533.png

Never underestimate the power of parallelepipeds :)

Why is it noone sees the shopping bag on the picture above : i tried everything to catch your attention, putting the text upside down on purpose and all, but NO, you gotta stare at her b***s, you pervs :)
NO, Schoolphitia will not turn around, NO! Soph...don't, oh my :

Why, Vil, what's wrong with me ? is it my custom bra made of two layers of stickers, maybe it isn't allowed as school uniform in Greece ?

Last edited:
@VILARCANE The schoolbag and handbag are certainly on point! Admittedly half-the-reason I gave Tira a schoolbook, besides an excuse to use that "newspaper print" pattern, was 'cause I failed to create a backpack for her… but I wanted something school-related besides her socks.

Speaking of Greece, though, I think I may have stumbled upon some appropriate attire for P.E.?

2019-02-26_06-02-30_PM.png

2019-02-26_06-02-31_PM.png

2019-02-26_06-02-32_PM.png

(Unfortunately I've yet to find a way to fix that little "diamond" patch on his inner thighs; guess four square sticks only takes one so far…)

(EDIT: It's been suggested I should use Azwel's undies, heh.)

Last edited:
maybe it isn't allowed as school uniform in Greece ?
Actually, it's allowed. Sure, they don't dress so elaborately like Schoolphitia (mind you, she looks good), but most of the schoolgirls here just don't have a good taste. Plus, even if they wear clothes (and they tend to wear awfully provocative ones, and I mean that in a bad way), you can still see anything.

I didn't see this posted yet, so maybe it'll save someone else the headache of fiddling about.

The only thing I truly dislike about the basic steel pauldrons is the lack of a secondary color for the edges / trim.
BUT! After a couple hours playing around with stickers and projection mode, I was able to get pretty close.
Settings are as follows:

Use '0' stickers in two slots - you can leave them both set to Left Arm, they will mirror appropriately.

I've made the Projection field visible for both, but you should be able to tell when you've got them lined up. Both inner and outer colors for the '0' stickers should align correctly, though the upper edge does bleed onto the main pauldron area slightly. It's not possible to see this while editing the stickers, due to the character's T-pose, which will lead to a lot of back-and-forth tweaking if you wish to be more precise.

Interesting find Kieve, thanks for sharing. I barely use those pauldrons tbh, but they look that much cooler (warcraftey) with your golden zero sticker trick.

Yo all!

Quick question for you peeps. Currently built out an aged Mi-na and looking for some ideas regarding adding wrinkles to the body.

Currently I have used the 3 line scar across her chest and back on a horizontal angle, and this looks okay on the chest and fake on the back.

Does anyone have any techniques for realistic looking wrinkles?

Yo all CAS magicians!!!

First, thanks for the suggestion Vilarcane regarding the zipper sticker. Attempted, but alas it doesn't work that well. Would be good for a corpse body, but not a living old person.

Secondly, I am wondering if we have compiled anywhere the list of skin tones and hair of each character in the hex colour scheme format the game uses. I ask as I often put marks on the body that are intended to look like scars, and having them match the skin tone perfectly is always a challenge and it takes me a while to discover what is the actual skin tone.

Do we have any resource like this?

I'm not sure how accurate that might be, anyway, especially considering how many stickers have unnecessary borders and seem to become more "solid" the lighter they get (i.e., the underlying texture becomes more difficult to see as opposed to SCV).

I say this having some issues using a super small "Motif 23" flower sticker to create a "beauty mark" for a character; I was able to make the leaves in the sticker blend in with her skin well enough, but not by using the character's skin tone (9,7:1 compared to 30,7:4).

Heck, I've been having a hard enough time making white stickers blend in with white equipment (most recently recreating Dawn's Pokémon: Platinum Version outfit, replicating the Pokéball design on the knitted cap including putting a white square sticker over the upturned portion).

Back