SCV Character Creation Discussion

Looks amazing. Only complaint I have is that it seems we won't be able to customize the main characters' hair. Though it seems we'll be able to use some of their styles on created characters (saw a female created character with Raphael's weapon/style and Natsu's hair).

Oh my god, looking at some 4gamer screens:

020.jpg

When years pass LOL

At 4:50 a CaS got Yoshimitsu back flag

Can be gadget anyway,but still is Yoshi style back flag
I saw that, but it's just random armor / accessories, the CAS style is clearly Mitsurugi's. I'm filing this one under "neutral," not evidence for or against.

Really I saw no actual spoilers, this video was carefully curated in that respect.

I'm trusting that by the time they finish, we'll have CAS pieces with the same extraordinary level of detail that we saw in SCIV. The inclusion of a large number of basic pieces (shirts, shorts, pants, etc.) is VERY appreciated, but I also love SC's CAS for its amazing 3D equipment modeling and rendering.

Summary of my reaction: amazing functionality, haven't seen a lot of great CAS content yet (but I have faith it will be delivered), worried about height customization, hope (as we have gone over before) that CAS will be one of the many filterable components of online lobbies, looking forward to making some awesome characters!

Slow clap, Namco. Slow... clap.

Floating horns lol
I don't think that's what he's talking about, the horns can easily just have no hurtbox.

Problems arise when I make a giant Patroklos, for example. Will he have a giant leg and therefore a huge 1K range? It's impossible for this to NOT cause problems with balance. They could avoid this problem by keeping the hitboxes the same this only creates more problems. If hitboxes were the same and I used a giant Patroklos I'd have to make 1K deeply clip through the enemy character if I want it hit at the normal range. They'd have to change the animation for the move if it is to have to the same range. Even then, unless the hurtboxes are also unchanged, the move will behave differently since the distance between the hitbox and hurtbox is now different.

And if the hurtbox isn't different, we would still appear to have wonky hitboxes. Just imagine a giant vs. giant if neither hitboxes nor hurtboxes are changed... you'd be fighting inside each other half the time.

So we can safely conclude that hit/hurt boxes will be affected by size changes. Big characters get more range likely duckable or STCable mids while small characters will probably screw up combos/tech traps and thats it.

Just imagine a giant vs. giant if neither hitboxes nor hurtboxes are changed... you'd be fighting inside each other half the time.
Nice. Please don't place thoughts like these in my head.

So we can safely conclude that hit/hurt boxes will be affected by size changes. Big characters get more range likely duckable or STCable mids while small characters will probably screw up combos/tech traps and thats it.
Sounds way more like it and the only reasonable way to build in modification options like these without messing CaS games up entirely. Perhaps some speed mods and that's it.

I don't think that's what he's talking about, the horns can easily just have no hurtbox.

Problems arise when I make a giant Patroklos, for example. Will he have a giant leg and therefore a huge 1K range? It's impossible for this to NOT cause problems with balance. They could avoid this problem by keeping the hitboxes the same this only creates more problems. If hitboxes were the same and I used a giant Patroklos I'd have to make 1K deeply clip through the enemy character if I want it hit at the normal range. They'd have to change the animation for the move if it is to have to the same range. Even then, unless the hurtboxes are also unchanged, the move will behave differently since the distance between the hitbox and hurtbox is now different.

And if the hurtbox isn't different, we would still appear to have wonky hitboxes. Just imagine a giant vs. giant if neither hitboxes nor hurtboxes are changed... you'd be fighting inside each other half the time.

Is a discussion full of logic vs whinings in the Casual forum

Simple answer, let's pray we can have a "Allow CaS: Yes/No" option when create a lobby

in b4 "waaaa you want ban my creativity,you MUST see my CaS even if you don't want waaa is so nice,i've write a fanfiction about it! ps: waaaa"

It really has improved. I really didnt expect all those options when I started watching the video. My only gripe is that all the faces still look the same but its not that big a deal.

Unlikely you'll be able customize the proportions of the main cast - so no changing their body proportions. On the other hand, with the way current equipment on characters is destroyed, it is likely that CAS equipment destruction won't leave your character in their skivvies anymore.

I've never liked CAS - probably never will - I did end up using it to create custom outfits for the main roster in SC4. Only later did I abandon it in favor of color alterations to the main character outfits. I will probably end up doing the same thing with SC5. Personally, they could just abandon the entire CAS feature and I would be cool about it

Unlikely you'll be able customize the proportions of the main cast - so no changing their body proportions.

He obviously mean giant CaS with Pat's style
And things can be worse just think a 2 meter Leixia, her style is balanced to work at Leixia(short) range,at NBA range will be obviously unbalanced

Again, option "CaS: Yes/No" for the host, please

Back