SCV DLC Guest Character: Ermac!

pharaoh03

[09] Warrior
Read before you say no plz. Ermac would make sense as a DLC (Guest) character. First off, SCV NEEDS DLC characters in order to match/answer MK9's DLC content (why not do it with MK's own character!). SCV would just straight get outdone if Namco doesn't deliver on DLC besides minor, skimpy customization packs.

Secondly, contrary to Fanboyism, asking for Ermac is more reasonable and realistic than expecting DLC characters who have a successor in SCV. And there are many. It's not gonna happen. Characters who don't have a successor like Zasalamel, that's fine, he's a cool character and should be one who returns if there are DLC characters. (I don't know if you knew this, Steve, but MK9 had THREE DLC characters.)

Last thing before i get to Ermac, the least Namco could do is make DLC Souls, which would just be fighting styles of characters just like Devil Jin, except they'd be Soulcal characters (i.e. Soul of Zasalamel). But actual DLC characters would be preferrable nonetheless. Afterall, MK9 didn't just have DLC fighting styles. Match the standard, Namco.

Now, Ermac would make sense as a DLC guest character for several reasons:

-He's composed of legions of souls! That would fit right in with Soulcalibur. His style would be referred to as "Souls of Ermac".

-He would add diversity to the roster. He uses a Ninja Axe, as opposed to presumable favorites Scorpion and Sub Zero who use swords (I know Soulcal is about swords but they wouldn't add diversity). Ermac's slick Ninja Axe is distinct from Astaroth's bulky oversized axe and Aeon's stubby dual twin axe's.

-Ermac may not be a Franchise Character (neither is "Devil" Jin), but that's an exception because he's a fighting game character. And he's arguably considered one of the coolest most badass characters of MK. I'm not just being biased even though he is my fav MK character by far.

-Being a MK character, Ermac has supernatural powers that differ from weapon powers of Soulcal, so he would make for an interesting matchup against SCV's roster. This especially against other supernatural characters like Algol/Viola/Zwei, while being rational of course- unlike Star Wars in SCIV. Ermac's Telekinesis powers would simply be accessed with a special stance where he'd put his Axe away, and use his signature Telekinesis moves including his two-handed moves. His CE could be a non-dismembering version of his Fatality. (So his CE wouldn't be auto-win)

-You can't accurately make Ermac with the SCV Creation Mode. There's no equipment parts that even somewhat accurately reflect the key parts of his detailed wardrobe like the floating armbands and headband or bandaged ninja mask. There's also no fighting style that accurately fits him, because he uses an Axe and Astaroth/Aeon don't reflect him. Cervantes' floating and telekinetic moves really reflect Ermac but overall the style is off. Siegfried and his CE work for Sub-Zero, Ivy somewhat works for Scorpion, Ermac is just too unique to create.

-Why not have another Guest character from the same Genre like Devil Jin and unite the Genre further? Beneficial for both Franchises. Mortal Kombat could logically make an appearance in Soulcal because MK is also weapon-oriented in some titles, so the characters have weapons. Weapons that aren't lightsabers.

-SF and Tekken already have their own little thing together (SF x Tekken, no i will not "cross the line"), this could open the door to Mortal Kombat and Soulcal doing a Crossover game (MK x SC. Yes, yes i will cross that line) and having a MK character in SCV would really ignite the possibility (despite Devil Jin, SC x Tekken is eliminated because of SF x Tekken). Soulcal and Mortal Kombat are also the two biggest weapon-oriented fighting game Franchises. It all adds up.

-Ermac is an Axe-wielding Telekinetic Ninja Entity with Badassery design. Plus all the logic above.

Ermac.jpg
ermac-mk9render.jpg

Thanks for reading. Can you make a case for a different MK character as SCV DLC? Or for a Soulcal x MK Crossover? Discuss.
Ermac_with_his_axe.png

As an avid MK player, I would have to say Baraka would be the choice from that game. That IS Biased, because that is who I main and it would be badass if I mained him in this too.

No thank you. In fact, I’d like almost the exact opposite thing to happen. No DLC characters, or at most a very historically-based trope (longsword wielder, native american, maori spear wielder, etc.).
90% of people do want DLC characters. And what? Are you describing a character you made up that you actually want for DLC? It's called Creation Mode. Enough longswords in the game.

As an avid MK player, I would have to say Baraka would be the choice from that game. That IS Biased, because that is who I main and it would be badass if I mained him in this too.
It's biased because it's not logical like Ermac. lolz

A part of me died when I read this topic.

We don't need more guest characters. All they do is clutter up the roster and make the game look like a big joke. Ezio is fine. What we need are any of the following:

1. More customizations
2. Characters from older games to appear, or have their styles to choose from (except Amy because she's Viola and fuck her original style)
3. More music (I want my No Turning Back, Fearless Eyes, No Regrets, If There Were Any Other Way, and Hellfire, thank you very much)
4. The Legendary Souls costumes for Sieg, Nightmare, and Cervantes

If you think about it, Ermac would be an interesting choice. The main problem is that... you know, this game is supposed to HAVE WEAPONS. Although a psychic-like character would be interesting... meh. I think that if PS hasn't already started making the DLC characters, it won't happen. Sorry bud.

And what do you mean he can't be made in creation? A black and red ninja with a green viola orb... I've seen that a few times already.

Read before you say no plz. Ermac would make sense as a DLC (Guest) character. First off, SCV NEEDS DLC characters in order to match/answer MK9's DLC content (why not do it with MK's own character!). SCV would just straight get outdone if Namco doesn't deliver on DLC besides minor, skimpy customization packs.
I actually like this, go on...

Secondly, contrary to Fanboyism, asking for Ermac is more reasonable and realistic than expecting DLC characters who have a successor in SCV. And there are many. It's not gonna happen. Characters who don't have a successor like Zasalamel, that's fine, he's a cool character and should be one who returns if there are DLC characters. (I don't know if you knew this, Steve, but MK9 had THREE DLC characters.)
Well, I think that a character whose animations and basic style can just be imported from SCIV is much more realistic.

Match the standard, Namco.
More than done already. Street Fighter IV is the standard, and SCV surpasses it by a long way.

-He's composed of legions of souls! That would fit right in with Soulcalibur. His style would be referred to as "Souls of Ermac".
lol

-He would add diversity to the roster. He uses a Ninja Axe, as opposed to presumable favorites Scorpion and Sub Zero who use swords (I know Soulcal is about swords but they wouldn't add diversity). Ermac's slick Ninja Axe is distinct from Astaroth's bulky oversized axe and Aeon's stubby dual twin axe's.
There is no such thing as a "Ninja Axe". Neither is there are ring blade, but... Never mind, point.

-Ermac may not be a Franchise Character (neither is "Devil" Jin), but that's an exception because he's a fighting game character. And he's arguably considered one of the coolest most badass characters of MK. I'm not just being biased even though he is my fav MK character by far.
Oh, but that is being biased. And Devil Jin is the equivalent of Evil Ryu for Namco.

-Being a MK character, Ermac has supernatural powers that differ from weapon powers of Soulcal, so he would make for an interesting matchup against SCV's roster. This especially against other supernatural characters like Algol/Viola/Zwei, while being rational of course- unlike Star Wars in SCIV. Ermac's Telekinesis powers would simply be accessed with a special stance where he'd put his Axe away, and use his signature Telekinesis moves including his two-handed moves. His CE could be a non-dismembering version of his Fatality. (So his CE wouldn't be auto-win)
I see his style not very far from Viola's actually. His "Ninja Axe" isn't exactly his trademark...

-You can't accurately make Ermac with the SCV Creation Mode. There's no equipment parts that even somewhat accurately reflect the key parts of his detailed wardrobe like the floating armbands and headband or bandaged ninja mask. There's also no fighting style that accurately fits him, because he uses an Axe and Astaroth/Aeon don't reflect him. Cervantes' floating and telekinetic moves really reflect Ermac but overall the style is off. Siegfried and his CE work for Sub-Zero, Ivy somewhat works for Scorpion, Ermac is just too unique to create.
A black-red ninja with a green Vila orb... Yeah, super hard -_-

-Why not have another Guest character from the same Genre like Devil Jin and unite the Genre further? Beneficial for both Franchises. Mortal Kombat could logically make an appearance in Soulcal because MK is also weapon-oriented in some titles, so the characters have weapons. Weapons that aren't lightsabers.
The fact that there's weapons doesn't autmatically make it a good choice. I'll elaborate later.

-SF and Tekken already have their own little thing together (SF x Tekken, no i will not "cross the line"), this could open the door to Mortal Kombat and Soulcal doing a Crossover game (MK x SC. Yes, yes i will cross that line) and having a MK character in SCV would really ignite the possibility (despite Devil Jin, SC x Tekken is eliminated because of SF x Tekken). Soulcal and Mortal Kombat are also the two biggest weapon-oriented fighting game Franchises. It all adds up.
Since when is MK a weapons fighter? I know there's weapons and stuff in the crappy games from last gen, but...

-Ermac is an Axe-wielding Telekinetic Ninja Entity with Badassery design. Plus all the logic above.
This is the main problem: His design. He was created in a much darker, and much more fantasy-oriented world than SC. The soul series has always had designs very akin to the real world. There are always fantasy characters, but they're a minority and are usually realistic characters with fantasy features (except for Astaroth and Aeon, but there always has to be one or two blanka-like freaks).We already have a ninja, we already have a psychic, and we definitively already have a lot of badasery. He's really not much new to the roster.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like the choice, but I just don't see it happening.

Back