SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Okay, I'm liking the Ivy stuff somewhat. I shall see pretty soon how Ivy plays in SCV, and I have lowered my expectations going in.

Not on topic, but I'm pretty much going to avoid Siegfried and Patroklos like the human plague, as they seem quite noob friendly, even moreso than Ivy.

EDIT: I should say that while I am somewhat of a newbie, I am not a rank newbie, at least enough of one to play characters that are that easy to play from the videos I've seen.

BJ

Ok - newb question incoming.

I have always used 9B+K for Ivy lick. I didn't like the chance of another move coming out with 6B8. I'm having some trouble pulling this of consistently (>80% of the time). Often jump B comes out. Any suggestions?

Ok - newb question incoming.

I have always used 9B+K for Ivy lick. I didn't like the chance of another move coming out with 6B8. I'm having some trouble pulling this of consistently (>80% of the time). Often jump B comes out. Any suggestions?

You're doing it too fast. Remember that the more important part of the move is the 6B, not the B8. 6B, ever so slight pause, 8.

Is anyone kind of creeped out by Ivy's new voice?
It's so ...manly.
I almost threw the controller and ran away when she does the B+G throw.

Its the same voice actress. But I guess they wanted to give Ivy a more angry tone rather than a sudective one.

Anyway did some testing on the 5Hit JF. There is a Clean Hit on this move. It does 72 if clean hit, and 66 if it just normal 5 Hit.
The inputs can be inputed as if it was SC4. I personally find it easier because I am use to that. One thing to note, if you attempt the JF and fail chances are you will throw out a B afterwards so be cautious.

Regarding BE, I think in the long run Ivy BE's will mainly be used for 6B9 or for CE. Of course the other BE are important but they seem situational.

Just Guard CE, is very powerful.

I got the Ivy Bobble Head, and its god-like
Ivy.jpg

4K is quickly becoming my favorite move.
It's fast, tech crouches, relatively safe and guarantees B+K on counter hit.

And is it me or does 4B seem like it has better range in this game?
I can poke punish so many characters.

Also, with the removal of the stances, spamming 6B,2_8 is now possible at any time in the match.
Ivy's finally a true range character in this iteration.

Also, with the removal of the stances, spamming 6B,2_8 is now possible at any time in the match.
Ivy's finally a true range character in this iteration.

That was originally one of the reasons I didn't mind the changes, initially. Changed my opinion on that, though. Plus the 2_8 seem to randomly whiff.

I saw the Ivy bobblehead and considered breaking my rule of never pre-ordering from Gamestop ever again for about 5 seconds. It's kinda neat but I'm still glad I didn't because I ended up saving $20 getting it at Target (you get a $20 gift card if you buy SC5, FFX13-2, or Skyrim this week).

Regarding BE, I think in the long run Ivy BE's will mainly be used for 6B9 or for CE. Of course the other BE are important but they seem situational.

BE 1B is also useful in any situation. 40 dmg guaranteed if blocked (off 6B8K), guaranteed 68 dmg off 6KB on NH.

The new Ivy is very strange. When I heard they took out a few stances I was like alright. They seem to have simplified everything she does which I dunno if it's good or bad. I haven't played with her enough to see everything that has changed, but damn.

BE 66B has its uses as well.
It hits on the ground AND from behind.
Some people try to roll around will be hit by it.
I've won some matches using this already.

Is anyone else having a hardtime against natsu players?
They're so fast, I can't get them off me.
:(
I miss SC4 1K and 9B stun

Is anyone else having a hardtime against natsu players?
They're so fast, I can't get them off me.
:(
I miss SC4 1K and 9B stun

BB is your friend. Everytime you see possession teleporting, mash it out. Make sure you actually press the advantage from there though.

As many people hating on it, GI is a handy tool here too until you learn to JG the ends of her strings.

BB is your friend. Everytime you see possession teleporting, mash it out. Make sure you actually press the advantage from there though.

As many people hating on it, GI is a handy tool here too until you learn to JG the ends of her strings.

BB is good but 8/10 its best to wait on what Natsu is going to do and see it then react...as I also play Natsu...so if you had that kind of tendence...PO(BE) will get you killed alot of the time....I just wait or quick step tbh.

also is anyone else having problems doing CS?

So is A+B completely useless now? And what about B+K? Are the any uses for that move besides after 3 A+B launch?

I'm such a nub.
I keep forgetting that we still have 214B, works wonders against raphael.
8A+B hits rolling enemies on the ground.

Back