SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

So is A+B completely useless now? And what about B+K? Are the any uses for that move besides after 3 A+B launch?
I've been using A+B as a mixup into crouch, and A+B A as a kind of "panic" move like 214B, also its great for buffering CS.

Ok - newb question incoming.

I have always used 9B+K for Ivy lick. I didn't like the chance of another move coming out with 6B8. I'm having some trouble pulling this of consistently (>80% of the time). Often jump B comes out. Any suggestions?

Me too... except back in the day, I would get 9B+K all the time... I can't even get 6B8 even once. HELP?!?!

I know its FC,1+B, G, 6B8... but whats the timing? When I do it, I usually get either 8B or btB. I'm probably not timing the G right? HELP

Thanks.

Something on 5 hit JF.

I'm finding the input is more lenient on the 'faster' side but still remains strict on the slower side. In SC4, if you went a little bit too fast, you'd still lose it. This game however, that's apparently not the case. Compared to going slower and trying to match the pace, I'm more consistent just finding the right timing for the first JF and just going at a set speed from there.

The window for each hit seems somewhat bigger.

What do you think is her best step catcher? Everything is SO damn unsafe.

I was surprised to see that they also destroyed old WP WS A, now it's slower and very unsafe on block, just like 3(A)... fantastic.

best step catcher seems to be 4A for close range and 6A for long range.
214B works sometimes too
lol

According to the guide 4A tech crouches, too!
:O

The window for each hit seems somewhat bigger.

What do you think is her best step catcher? Everything is SO damn unsafe.

I was surprised to see that they also destroyed old WP WS A, now it's slower and very unsafe on block, just like 3(A)... fantastic.

Long range, 6[ A ]. Short range... throw. -_- (Seriously though, maybe WR A?)

Honestly though, I wish she at least had her old SW 6A. That move was godlike.

Sorry, I guess I tested something wrong. I don't know how this happened - earlier I recorded on CPU : A+BA>3(A) and my 3(A) always traded. Now I checked it again and it does have + frames! Also, it cannot be stepped and it's safe. We just found our best mid SS killer.

No, we are talking about A+BA.

3(A) is crap. Don't use it, unless at tip range.

Its the same voice actress. But I guess they wanted to give Ivy a more angry tone rather than a sudective one.

Anyway did some testing on the 5Hit JF. There is a Clean Hit on this move. It does 72 if clean hit, and 66 if it just normal 5 Hit.
The inputs can be inputed as if it was SC4. I personally find it easier because I am use to that. One thing to note, if you attempt the JF and fail chances are you will throw out a B afterwards so be cautious.

[/spoiler]

I can only get the first two flashes out of this move, consistently. I've tried doing the inputs faster, and slower, no luck. Any suggestions?

I can only get the first two flashes out of this move, consistently. I've tried doing the inputs faster, and slower, no luck. Any suggestions?

You should only be timing it after the first whip hits the ground (after the launcher), after that, just input it straight (base it off the sound of your button presses rather than what you see on the screen).

I might make a video of the exact button presses once I get my setup, but hope that makes sense for now.

Back