SCV Ivy FAQ & General Discussion

Ring, we need an Ivy matchup-thread.
I think she definitely has a harder time with zoning fast characters.

Right now I'm having a very hard time with Lizardman.
His 66A is super fast, mid and pretty safe because it knocks you back.
I dont know what to punish him with.

Ok, I will make one later.

Ivy can't punish 66A unless near wall/edge, then you get 6B8K for 40 dmg.

SO, 3 days since many people tried Ivy and still no combo thread update...
Ring, that's your job isn't it ? ^^

Yep, I was gonna do that but I was still testing stuff. I found that Ivy has 50% combo out of FC 1B without a wall but it requires 200% meter:

FC 1B,G,1B BE, 1B BE, 1B BE, 6B8 BE - 125 DMG

I've read here and there people talking about iCS. I was not able to do a single one in 3 days on my side.
I did a long testing yesterday... it's really hard unless you are left handed. I think I got about 15 iCSs out of 200-300 tries. Sometimes I didn't do it VERY fast and still got it. Needs more testing because there may be a way to get it even without doing it extremely fast.

Maybe its with a perfect command input without any accidental horizontals in between the ups, downs, left, and rights.

Whiff Punish (long recovery), or JG punish (long recovery):
NH 44B+K:B+K 6B8 = 88
or NH 44B+K:B+K 6B8 BE = 102
(There is a delay between the two B+K, it's not right after the first hit that you have to press, but a little later.)

Whiff Punish (short recovery), or JG punish (short recovery):
NH 6B8K
or NH 1B BE, 6KB
or (mainly against side or back opponent but works also on normal situation) NH 1B BE, BB
From there, Ivy has a nice 50/50 mix up between 1B BE / CS. Without BE available, BB again.

I'm confused. 44B+K B+K (not unblockable) doesn't launch high enough for me to follow up with an ivy lick... ???

Maybe its with a perfect command input without any accidental horizontals in between the ups, downs, left, and rights.

I thought so at first too, but I've gotten it by doing the exact input, 282874666 and 28236987464646 in training.

I'm confused. 44B+K B+K (not unblockable) doesn't launch high enough for me to follow up with an ivy lick... ???

Charge it partially. Hit B again when you see her sword start to light up.

First of all, Ivy's not unsafe (not as unsafe as NM at least). If you're saying 22_88[ B ] is unsafe, its not a move that's meant to be thrown out randomly in the first place. It's really a whiff/crouch punish.

That aside, you're pretty much spot on, no lie. Astaroth has a better throw mixup, Pyrrha has a better poking game, NM has just as much range, Mitsu has a better ouki game and aside from Viola, everyone does just as much or more damage than her outside of her throws.

Soo, why use her? Because she has all the tools in the game that no other character has within him/her/itself.

Astaroth might beat her in grabs, but Ivy beats him in frames, speed and has just as much range.

Pyrrha beats her in poking, but she has a better grab game and range.

You see where I'm getting at here? I don't want to throw out the phrase "jack of all trades, master of none" since its a negative connotation, but that's pretty much the simplest way to put it. She is still very much a versatile character who is simply more dependent on how many variations the player can use her rather than having multiple stances (which honestly, I do also miss).

Don't get me wrong, she's definitely not top tier. As many people have indicated, you have to work for her wins. Her tools just makes her still worth using, at least in my eyes.

Thanks, that'l keep me going for a while lol

Couple of questions:
#1 Why does the Edge Attack Arch Cage :6::B::8::A::+::B::+: :K: do such pathetic damage? Am I missing something here? 10 points 5 points of damage for one bar of meter seems wrong to me.
#2 How do you input for Calamity Symphony whilst dashing? I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance

Nice find Ring.

Noticed about iCS. We'll have to find the secret about this move then.

K0rN_b4LL

You're right, that's 7B+K and not 1B+K. My mistake sry.

I don't see any Elysium thread by the way. No forum dedicated to this character, so I'll put it here:
Elysium Ivy: 1K CE = 85
Elysium Ivy: 66K, CE = 90/100
Elysium Ivy: FC 1B, G, 6B8 BE, CE = 157

Dear Diary, had a good day with Ivy. Getting comfortable with her normals, and even though she feels like she is missing something I am feeling more positive than before. (CH) :6::(A): is awesome, although wishing :8::(8): :(A): had more range to annoy side step spammers, I am enjoying :2::1::4::(B): though.
After a long day of fighting we went out for ice cream, and it was awesome XD

Seriously though is anyone else starting to like the new Ivy or is it just me?

Dear Diary, had a good day with Ivy. Getting comfortable with her normals, and even though she feels like she is missing something I am feeling more positive than before. (CH) :6::(A): is awesome, although wishing :8::(8): :(A): had more range to annoy side step spammers, I am enjoying :2::1::4::(B): though.
After a long day of fighting we went out for ice cream, and it was awesome XD

Seriously though is anyone else starting to like the new Ivy or is it just me?
Just you

See's just ok, imo she far from fun, but not terrible.

#1 Why does the Edge Attack Arch Cage :6::B::8::A::+::B::+: :K: do such pathetic damage? Am I missing something here? 10 points 5 points of damage for one bar of meter seems wrong to me.

I only do it when I'm near a wall and can get a wall combo off of it, imo most of her BEs seem to be for setting up combos rather than just doing more damage.

If you are facing a wall and are close enough then the 6B8 BE will wallsplat, and you can almost always (sometimes will wiff if you are hitting the wall at an angle) connect with a 7B+K to re-launch them for more moves.

Ex.
Facing wall- 3B/2A+B, 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w!, 66B BE, 6B8 for 21 hits and 170+ dmg with 3 BE moves. If you have a max meter you can do a BE for the last 6B8 as well and it bumps it up to 25 hits and about 180 dmg. I'm not in front of my xbox atm so I don't remember the exact damages.

1B BE, 6KB

CH 3B, 1B BE, 6B8 (can also do consecutive 1B BEs as it relauches the opponent each time)

66B BE, 6B8

Anyone know a good move to use for the second wall hit besided 66B BE? I need something to use for when I only have enough meter for 1 or 2 BE moves.

If you are facing a wall and are close enough then the 6B8 BE will wallsplat, and you can almost always (sometimes will wiff if you are hitting the wall at an angle) connect with a 7B+K to re-launch them for more moves.

Ex.
Facing wall- 3B/2A+B, 6B8 BE, w!, 7B+K, 6B8 BE, w!, 66B BE, 6B8 for 21 hits and 170+ dmg with 3 BE moves. If you have a max meter you can do a BE for the last 6B8 as well and it bumps it up to 25 hits and about 180 dmg. I'm not in front of my xbox atm so I don't remember the exact damages.

1B BE, 6KB

CH 3B, 1B BE, 6B8 (can also do consecutive 1B BEs as it relauches the opponent each time)

66B BE, 6B8

Anyone know a good move to use for the second wall hit besided 66B BE? I need something to use for when I only have enough meter for 1 or 2 BE moves.

Great info, gonna try it out tomorrow when I can.
Thanks dude.

PS LOL for wallsplat

I'm a noob to the series and I just have a quick question..

What's the point in holding Rage kick, 3K, I believe? I haven't tested it against a person, since I'm just practicing with hter, but wouldn't an experienced opponent be able to punish it relatively easily?

anyone know or can give me suggestions on how to pull off (Forward B Up) after a air launch. I always seems to whiff it and do Forward B or 9B. Whats the timing on the inputs and is there any way to make it come out smoothly???

anyone know or can give me suggestions on how to pull off (Forward B Up) after a air launch. I always seems to whiff it and do Forward B or 9B. Whats the timing on the inputs and is there any way to make it come out smoothly???
you just have to do it really fast, you can also like buffer it in the mid of your ove's animation, hope that helps

Back