SCV Ivy revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just that I didn't like it visually. Her sword in coil looked weird in every way you looked at it, even when she blocked.
But then again it's just a personal opinion. Still I'm glad that it's gone.
Blocking in all states looks odd. I think the whip should snap to sword state, just for the guard duration.. a whip dangling down really doesn't seem very.. "protective". Nor does the coil. So, I understand you on that.

So far, I'm really liking Ivy. It seems like you can still get some pretty good combos going, even if you can't switch through states mid-attack.
Her new move.. It looks like a short, jump-version of her rising A+B, then can add an in-air version of WP 6A+B? That looks pretty cool.
I'm seriously in love her her Critical Edge, though. I can't hear what she says first, but her "I'll treat you right! >:D" line...<3

Also, her bio: I know this is probably common knowledge, but I'm glad we now know what kind of nobility Ivy's adoptive parents were.

sc5_pub_ss_ivy1_siegfried1_001.jpg
I'm now assuming this is the start of her Critical Edge move.. She's in the same position as she is in the video.. The faint purple beam?, I guess, looks like it would go.. to her knees.. Anyway, that made me think it was kind of a WP 3B move add-on, or something.

I'm now assuming this is the start of her Critical Edge move.. She's in the same position as she is in the video.. The faint purple beam?, I guess, looks like it would go.. to her knees.. Anyway, that made me think it was kind of a WP 3B move add-on, or something.
The move itself as an add-on? Critical Edges stand alone, her CE is a grab-looking move.
You're thinking Brave Edge, those are the moves that are "add-ons" to regular attacks.
Someone double-check this though.

Yeah, Critical Edges are the "super" like moves that have a special animation. Usually the game will freeze as the character says something then does some fancy attack.

Brave Edge is pretty much the term for "EX" moves in this game. You get additional hits and stuff when you use it on certain moves.

The move itself as an add-on? Critical Edges stand alone, her CE is a grab-looking move.
You're thinking Brave Edge, those are the moves that are "add-ons" to regular attacks.
Someone double-check this though.
Her move is a Critical Edge attack, yes. And you're slightly wrong. Patroclos' Critical Edge is to an aired opponent.
I was just saying that when I first saw that picture, it looked like it might've been a WP 3B add-on because of how she was standing, but I'm aware it's her Edge.

Question for whoever may be able to answer.. How is the opponent lifted in Ivy's Critical Edge?
All I can see is white-ish rings around their feet at about 15:49?.. I don't think it's the whip; I've never seen the whip glow that color..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back