SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Some questions :

A+B poison breath : Is this an evade move (A evade, B evade)
Flea B+K (old flea A+B) : real use ?

Some questions :

A+B poison breath : Is this an evade move (A evade, B evade)
Flea B+K (old flea A+B) : real use ?

I have avoided throws with A+B not sure if it will do it every time maybe was a distance thing but it looked like it went under it...

I use B+K after flea jump even on block because if they let go after I land it will hit and you can combo with 66 or {K}

Im pretty sure it can be used in a combo now too, I just havnt had time to test, such as 2{A+B},B+K,B

In Tekken, it's a high-crush move, but there's not really the same system in SC, so I'm unsure of what it would avoid. Certainly you can use [A+B]K to create space. []

In Tekken, it's a high-crush move, but there's not really the same system in SC, so I'm unsure of what it would avoid. Certainly you can use [A+B]K to create space. []

Well there kind of is... and Im pretty sure A+B has TC frames but they are really hard to time, its mostly luck if you do it correctly... 214A on the other hand always crushes highs...

A+B probably deserves another round of testing to see if it's changed in SCV. In SCIV it would only TC when you release the A+B.

As RedDjinn said, 6K is Yoshi's primary punisher against unsafe attacks on block. That's a little vague, so let's take Pyrrha for example. If Pyrrha throws out 236B, Yoshi gets 6K for free. 3B is too slow and faster options do less damage. In order of speed, Yoshi's punishers are...

AA_BB_etc. ==>> 6K ==>> 3B ==>> 4KB

CE belongs in there, but only against really unsafe strings that end at close range. 4KB does the job against long range, unsafe attacks.

As for safety...it's unsafe in theory. If we look at the frame data, Yoshi is at -20. But, if we take into account the potential threat of the second kick, that first kick becomes a lot safer. As far as I know, no one can severely punish after that second kick on block. Which is not to say one should throw it out randomly, but it is quite effective as a step killer to Yoshi's left.

This 6K thread has been merged with the FAQ thread. Carry on.

Question ol flea A+B => aGI or not ?
Because when I use it agaisnt A moves it seems it reflects or counter it :s
Sorry for this stupid question but ... I don't how how to deal with this move especially

@Hajime: Do we know the delay between the two kicks of 6KK? The frame data only lists the whole string. I know I've been interrupted between the two kicks before...maybe it was just on whiff...[]

@Hajime: Do we know the delay between the two kicks of 6KK? The frame data only lists the whole string. I know I've been interrupted between the two kicks before...maybe it was just on whiff...[]

You can interrupt them... There really is no mix up there...

Is 6K really that good? I see the frames on paper and its not translating against some characters up close, like Ivy. I can only stuff her when she walking, sometimes I like 9K better because it crushes low, kills step and cant be thrown.

It murders left stepping and even some right steps if you're close enough to them. It's also only 15 frames, has quite a good reach, and has a second kick that can be thrown to knock back if blocked to make it slightly safe. For the damage it deals and how well it punishes, it's one of his best unsafe move punishers. Hell, it punishes NS B and DNS B as far as I know.

Youre right. You cant argue with that damage. Even though it looks slower than i15, thats the part that gets me because I'm always thinking its going to get stuffed.

What about 214A for step killing? The tech high window is quite large, even though its unsafe on block it just feels so good to have a low horizontal that has some tracking to it.

It's just a little bit slow and predictable. I don't ever use it, but I see how useful it is. Especially for the TC.

What does BA mean? the Guide says that if you 'just' 4AAAA it has the property of BA. Does it mean that he won't fall down?

I think it means break attack. Like a guard break from SCIV. That's what Just framed 4AAAAA does. It's recovery is random though. Sometimes he'll recover. Sometimes he won't. All I know I know aside from it guard breaking, is if you hit it on an airborne opponent, you'll relaunch them.

There will be people who have trained themselves to attack immediately after they see 6K on block, but I think those people are very few in number right now. Again, I'm not saying it's worth using all the time, but if there's an edge or a wall to your left, then it's well worth the risk. 8K is still a great go-to attack for anti-step, since both 66A and 44A are a bit slow at close range.

I use 214A as an anti-AA move. Also stupidly good against characters whose weak side is to their right that have super linear verts (think Siegfried). Also works well against step happy Natsu players who like to step, then go into A strings as well. I guess what I'm saying is that it's a great anti-aggression tool against certain characters.

What are the best ways to get in as Yoshi? I've been having a great time with his basic mix-ups and oki, but I'm not sure what to do when someone with a range game manages to extend the distance. Usually I use meditation stance to teleport in with an attack, or else I try to step close enough to land 88_22B against a vertical. How do you folks get in?

What are the best ways to get in as Yoshi? I've been having a great time with his basic mix-ups and oki, but I'm not sure what to do when someone with a range game manages to extend the distance. Usually I use meditation stance to teleport in with an attack, or else I try to step close enough to land 88_22B against a vertical. How do you folks get in?

From my experiences, 66A helps. Even if they block it, you get in. 33_99B, B+K imho feels nerfed but still gets you in. 9B+K works. But so far, 66A really is my B'nB for my Yoshi. Hope this helps.

Back