SCV Yoshimitsu Q&A and General Discussion

Any other Yoshis going to Final Round this year? I'd like to get some casuals in mirror match style.

If your opponent can't see it, then MED is a valid way inside. Running in wildly is a bit dangerous, though. It's best to circle in. You can also stay right outside of their range and use 66A+B to punish whiffs. This is especially true against characters like Astaroth and Ivy, who have pretty long recovery time on their ranged pokes. Once you land that 66A+B, you can take over the pace of the match.

Any other Yoshis going to Final Round this year? I'd like to get some casuals in mirror match style.

I will be there, Probably going to take a different main to final round though... Yoshi just doesnt have the juice this time around... His rewards arent worth the risk especially vs characters like leixia and the pyrrhas...

But ill still do some mirrors with you bro.

Everyone hates Yoshimitsu the second..... :\

Wait, what? A+B Poison Breath evades highs..???

Oh that's excellent...so if I see a string ending in high coming, I can whiff punish with A+B~bA...don't think I'd try it online, but I may just have to practice that...[]

This round was from about four days ago against a really good LX player online. I housed him two rounds no problem and then he started to demolish me. Round 5 was the most interesting.

I'm kind-of embarrassed to post this round in particular because it's me playing as bad as possible (BB that LX stomp god dammit), but it shows how powerful a CH critical edge is if an opponent pulls out some slow ass move you know is punishable. And the comeback was too funny.

(punishable BE not CE)
And I just wanted to test out this SCV video system/PS3 uploader and this was the most interesting round I had saved.

One thing I've noticed is that people (even CPUs sometimes) seem to think 22_88K is punishable on block (it's 0, so neutral), which is great for me, because I can always stuff whatever they throw at me with a CE. Wouldn't want to do anything else but block after a blocked one, though, since IIRC it leaves one just outside of iMCF/66B BE range, and anything slower can get itself stuffed, i.e. by an AA/BB...or Pyrrha 236B...[]

One thing I've noticed is that people (even CPUs sometimes) seem to think 22_88K is punishable on block (it's 0, so neutral), which is great for me, because I can always stuff whatever they throw at me with a CE.[]
I tend to blindly do 22_88K CE for exactly this reason. I don’t recall the last time anyone blocked the CE, they’re almost always in the middle of attempting something.

I agree. I will try for the 22_88K into CE. 22_88K will be blocked and they will try to punish only to get blasted by the CE.

is there anyway to escape his counter? i think its 6ab (just) and what does it all does it counter seems like even if im just stepping left or right it will counter me?

is there anyway to escape his counter? i think its 6ab (just) and what does it all does it counter seems like even if im just stepping left or right it will counter me?
Not sure what you mean.

6A,B (Ugh I must have been tired, I meant 3A,B) looks like a punch and a sword hit. It can be extended into a BE version (yellow effect) with 3A, bA+B+K which extends the string with a launching sword slash. I’m pretty sure it’s all verticals though, so 8WR left or right should be ok unless I’m totally off base.

Your emphasis on “counter” makes me thing you’re talking about something different though. In SC, any move that hits while the opponent is attacking is a “counter.” Some moves, like Yoshi’s bA (slide B to A fast) will have special properties (different damage, animation, etc.) if they are on counter hit.

Well, assuming they do anything but block, or possibly backdash (or, vs. Yoshi, 8B+K or something). I mean, if I'm a bit late on the input for CE, I could see how a Pyrrha 236B might get me (it's mid, right?), but in that case it's my bad. []

It is. I think my friends are finally starting to learn it, though...surprisingly, I've actually fooled computer opponents with it before...[]

it comes up as a counter when executed he kinda hits you in the face with the hilt of his sword and if u attack at the same time he runs through you as a counter doing serious damage and oppent drops to the ground if that helps a little more it also uses zero meter. sorry for the bad detail im a tira player and yoshi's counter is destroying me all my friend is that and guessing grab techs.

Back